Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stinky Dog Gasses!

Options
  • 17-10-2009 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭

My dads two dogs are doing really smelly farts, their room is toxic in the morning!

I heard that natural yoghurt is meant to help, any feedback? They're doing good on their food at the mo, so no need to change it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Boomtastic

We were told probiotic natural yogurt. We gave it for a few months but it doesn't really make much difference so we just live with it! (Mine are worse :eek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

charcoal biscuits are supposed to help with gas.

My pup suffered terribly (well really we did! ) with bad gas. I changed his food and it's almost non existant now.

I notice though that certain treats will set him off as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LauraLoo

charcoal biscuits help

i would suggest changing food.
    are they on wet food or dry? I would suggest dry food only and consider looking at the high quality foods such as royal canine or science plan.

also- are the dogs getting scraps aswell? make sure they are not receiving any human food.

also, if they are eating too fast they can get gas so feed them separately as they may be competing with each other for fear the other will take their food if they finish before them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

Probiotic yogurt has worked wonders with my dog. (She actually made me puke one time!:eek:) I put 2 tablespoons in with her dry food. Or if I'm lazy I let her lick it off a spoon.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ghost_ie

Charcoal biscuits are now top of my shopping list. I have no trouble with two of mine, but the 3-legged middle member of the pack has been known to clear a room in 30 seconds :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

What brand of food are you feeding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭votejohn

i think its select gold he feeds them, along with some doggie treats.

Ill pass on the info about the charcoal treats to my dad, any particular brand?

Advertisement