Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows 7 install error

• 17-10-2009 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone who got a copy early had any issues installing? I wanted to do a fresh install over Vista but came across a few issues.

My PC is a custom build:

Asus P5Q Pro
    Core 2 Duo E6850
    OCZ 4GB 6400
    Samsung Spinpoint 500gb * 4
    LG DVD-RW Drive
    GTS 250 1gb

I was at the Boards.ie preview a few weeks ago so was delighted to get a copy of Ultimate at it. A fresh install was on the cards as I'd already got all my data backups. A few minutes after I click the "install now" button, I would get a pop up on the screen asking me for CD/DVD drivers. I did a some searching and the only relevant thing I could come up with was that people were having the same issue with the RC and they put it down to a bad iso rip. I'd be inclined to think that this wasn't my problem as it was coming from Microsoft.

Only other thing to do was to upgrade both firmware of the DVD drive and my motherboard bios. Done but still the same thing. My last option was to do a USB install. I found this guide and it seemed to be getting good responses from people.

Put the USB key into the back of the PC and worked my way down to step 4. After step 4 I just opened explorer and started copying the files across that way but it kept timing out. Timed out about 3/4 times and I just gave up. I booted in to an Ubuntu live cd and the files copied over in 2/3 minutes. Rebooted and was finally able to install.

I'm not sure where the problem lies tbh as I couldn't find any concluseive evidence online in relation to the final release and 1 of the guys at the Boards.ie preview from MS was at a loss too. It's finally installed and all but the effort of getting it there just irritated the hell out of me.

I also installed 7 on my EEE 1000 yesterday too (got a 2nd copy from the DIT session) and it works a treat but the install size of 6GB+ is a little too much for the earlier EEE models.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

well you'd have a legit key so any non-cracked iso from the web would have done.

could have tested to see if it was a dodgy disk

Advertisement