Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slot Cars

Options
  • 17-10-2009 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey!
    I don't know if I'm putting this into the right section, I'm new to this so please correct me if I'm wrong. I want to buy my partner a toy race track with cars for christmas. He's big into cars so I wanted to get one thats top of the range, has good speed all that kind of thing. But I honestly do not have a clue about them or where to get them. Any advice would be great. Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Models forum i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Thread moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Make sure you buy Scalextric, whilst more expensive than the other toy brands out there, the quality is much better and parts and accessories are widely available.

Smyths or Argos I suppose, or online if you're that way inclined.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 gigglesgalore

Thank you for moving me over to models! As I said I dont have a clue!!! Do these come in formula one cars and that kind of thing, do different ones go at different speeds? I've asked a few friends but they're generaly girly girls so they really dont know. And I dont know either. Again thanks for your replys

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

Should be able to find most types of car. Looking at the listing from Argos they seems to have a range with two types of kits, a micro and a standard range but there are various car types to choose Mini Coopers, WRC rally cars and Formula one cars. Not to sure about the speed but i can only imagine that cars are similar in speeds across the different kits.

Argos listings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭goldwing

I'd highly recommend the drift ones there alot more fun, and as far as different cars having different speeds im not 100% but i don't think so I think it's just the looks and colours etc.

Advertisement