Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live Music in Offaly

Options
  • 17-10-2009 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm in a band based in the Athlone/Roscommon area, we were thinking of looking into booking a few gigs around Offaly, has anyone any recommendations or suggestions for pubs we should approach? We play a standard pub set list, Kings of Leon, Thin Lizzy etc.... All help appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭nodirectionhome

Well as far as Tullamore goes, I'd suggest De Bruns, Hugh Lynches, Joe Lees and Cosgraves, they are the usual ones I would go to to hear good music. Oh and maybe fergies too

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭yoursaviour1989

cheers mate, went into all of them, turns out they're all booked until next year but we might try them again in a few months. Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

In terms of Edenderry perhaps you could try Foys, Adrian is the manager there. They have regular sets and attract a young crowd so they might be interested. In Daingean you could try the Blackthorn pub. They seem the liveliest in Daingean and might also be interested. If I can think of anymore I'll post them later. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

Another place worth trying might be the thatch in Rahan. Although at the moment, they're getting in fairly established acts like Damien Dempsey, Mundy etc., it might be no harm giving them a bell. It's got a very good reputation for itself

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭yoursaviour1989

Cheers for all the help guys, tried the vast majority of the places ye suggested, got a few positive leads, will probably be next year before we play in any of them but thanks for the help

• Advertisement
Advertisement