Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Villa V Chelsea

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Another solid performance from Villa. Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

PHB wrote: »
    Oh Sidwell if only you were half a foot taller. Come on Villa, lets get some dropped Chelsea points!

Young looks like he's suffering classic 2nd season syndromme, as last year was the first year he was really top class for a period.

Just reading back throught this thread and I have to say Young was much better the season before last.

Anyway, great result, great defending. :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

Deserved win. Chelsea didn't play at their best but the win is down to Villa quality. Chelsea's goal was lucky, but Freidel definitely made amends with his display for the rest of the game.

Bringing Ivanovic & J Cole on as subs were not the best choices. Bosingwa was playing great, pity about his injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

mike65 wrote: »
    About 5/6 mins left including stoppages, Villa will conceed.

Love the way Liverpool fans now see Villa and not Chelsea as their rivals:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I was in and out of the match but the bits I did see I was impressed with villa

out side the utd team my favourite player is Petrov, just love the way he plays the game

top player and from what i saw today I thought he was superb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

berengar wrote: »
    all over .... if we can't beat Villa what chance have we against City ? - not to mention Arsenal , united and Liverpool away......

United to win the 4th in a row...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

the villa team who drew against city and hammered liverpool 3-1 at anfield?

JPA wrote: »
    Just reading back throught this thread and I have to say Young was much better the season before last.

agreed, he was fairly poor last season in comparison to the one before - a few flashes aside

i think we might see him on the bench for the frist time since he joined villa when downing is back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Helix wrote: »
    agreed, he was fairly poor last season in comparison to the one before - a few flashes aside

i think we might see him on the bench for the frist time since he joined villa when downing is back
    He didn't look great at all today, wouldn't be surprised if he's benched in the near future.

Sherifu wrote: »
    He didn't look great at all today, wouldn't be surprised if he's benched in the near future.

hes been pretty awful since he was sent off against sunderland last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

010265744081400.jpg
    010265744080800.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

Young has been poor since January but he did set up 2 goals today so will give him the benefit of doubt and today was one of his better performances this season.
    He will not go the World Cup unless a major improvement is made and hopefully Downing returning will make him fight for his place

Advertisement