Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

if i buy a blackberrry curve 8900 and use PAYG sim will i still be able to use 3G?

• 17-10-2009 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

What network? Generally yes it'll still work but you'll pay huge charges for data if you breach a certain limit (50MB usually) in a day. You also lose all your BB data services and email services if you're signed up for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 getitonup

vodafone im using the internet browser on that its generally about a euro a day i think so that would still apply if i break the 50mb limit now wouldt it?.

so would the blackberry still do all that im only asking because i know them phones are only out with contracts im new to the whole blackberry game:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

getitonup wrote: »
    vodafone im using the internet browser on that its generally about a euro a day i think so that would still apply if i break the 50mb limit now wouldt it?.

so would the blackberry still do all that im only asking because i know them phones are only out with contracts im new to the whole blackberry game:D

As far as I know with VF if you breach 50MB a day (for 99c) it's 1c or 2c per KB.

A blackberry on prepay is utterly useless tbh. The whole point of them is push email, if you're not gonna use it for that then why bother.

sdonn wrote: »
    As far as I know with VF if you breach 50MB a day (for 99c) it's 1c or 2c per KB.

A blackberry on prepay is utterly useless tbh. The whole point of them is push email, if you're not gonna use it for that then why bother.

as im looking into them more i see that there is really no point your right.

my friend was saying its a nice phone but i never gave a toss really i just started looking into them while i had few hours to spare
    i do like the look of the BB phones though look great for txting which im always doing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

as im looking into them more i see that there is really no point your right.

my friend was saying its a nice phone but i never gave a toss really i just started looking into them while i had few hours to spare
    i do like the look of the BB phones though look great for txting which im always doing

If you're interested in the look of the Blackberry handsets, then you should look at the Nokia E series, e.g. E63, E71, E72 etc, as they were brought out as Nokia's answer to the Blackberry.

• Advertisement

just looked at them on the vodafone site they do look nice the nokias e71 theyre like 290 on PAYG

and i could get a BB curve for about 250
    so which would b better the BB??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

just looked at them on the vodafone site they do look nice the nokias e71 theyre like 290 on PAYG

and i could get a BB curve for about 250
    so which would b better the BB??

The Nokia E71 would allow you to access email, Internet, send/receive MMS, etc on prepaid or postpaid, whereas any of the Blackberry handsets won't allow such services without signing up on postpaid for a Blackberry package. As such, I would say the E71, or a similar Nokia E series handset, would be better than any Blackberry handset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

Buy an e63 instead. works with any pop3/imap email

Advertisement