Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal /Company Radio

Options
  • 17-10-2009 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I am far too inexperienced for this so hopefully you can help me out.
    I am looking for a radio system to use for both work and personal use.

I need 2 Vehicle mounted radios which can be attached to a vehicle mounted aerial if needed (They are 4x4's) and 4 portable handsets. I need a minimum of 2 miles range in hilly/mountainous terrain.

I have been led to believe that I am best suited to a VHF system, but that I will need a license to operate this system. I know that in the US there is a different license as I work in the Film/TV industry but I don't think that this is available here?

What is involved in the license I will need, and how to apply for it. And any pointers in the way of what equipment I should be looking for is also welcome!!

Price wise, the cheaper the better in the current climate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 graigavern

Hi,

Try getting ur hands on old Motorola MCS 2000, It will run off ur car Batt. Output power is 12 -14 Watts Nominal but can go up to 25 W. ( Slightly an over kill for 2 mile range but no harm as VHF is line of sight)
    Or try the GP 340 / 360's same as above but probaly dearer because they r only out a few years. Motrola would be the company in question to purchase them.
    Depending on what you buy, if you need them programmed & installed contact me again.

Contact Comreg for frequencies & Licence's

Advertisement