Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online protectection with laser card?

Options
  • 17-10-2009 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

hi all,

i bought a camera last week online with my laser card they took the money straight away. I have not received the camera yet and my order is gone off the companys web site. i decided to google the company turns out they are scammers some people get there stuff some dont will i get my money back as i used my laser card to purshase the item that i never got and i dont think i see tryed ringing the company so had to send them a email any ideas thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

No, there's no protection with debit cards. You can raise the issue with the bank, but they don't insure your purchase, and unless they can recover the funds from the merchant, you won't get anything back.

Never use a debit card with a company you don't know and/or trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jus

i paid trough moneybookers would they have to give me a refund?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

They don't have to give you a refund, but you should contact them. If they can recover the funds, then they should.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭hickory

You can request a chargeback on your laser card, the bank give the seller 30 days to prove they delivered the goods/it was a legitimate sale and if this is not done you should get your money back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

jus wrote: »
    hi all,

i bought a camera last week online with my laser card they took the money straight away. I have not received the camera yet and my order is gone off the companys web site. i decided to google the company turns out they are scammers some people get there stuff some dont will i get my money back as i used my laser card to purshase the item that i never got and i dont think i see tryed ringing the company so had to send them a email any ideas thanks

To be honest, I'd be transferring as much money as possible out of my current account until I was issued with a new card for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

i paid trough moneybookers would they have to give me a refund?

*Head...desk*.... no, and the fact you paid through moneybookers or western union makes it obvious you've been scammed.

i got in touch with the company simply electronics today they told me everything is ok i should have the camera by the 27th it dose say 3-10 days delivery but some how i dont beleive them ive read so many bad reveiws il have to wait and see they said they will email me when its dispatched i ordered it on the 13th

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

But in the meantime you've cancelled your laser card, right?

good news after a good few e-mails the camera company have sent my camera hope to get delivery tommorrow have a track number and all lets hope its the one i ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

good news after a good few e-mails the camera company have sent my camera hope to get delivery tommorrow have a track number and all lets hope its the one i ordered.
    Uh-huh. If they keep this sh|te up, they'll get beyond the 30 day limit, and you won't be able to do a charge back with your bank, and they'll have your money.
    i decided to google the company turns out they are scammers
    Ah, so you know that they're scammers, but still hope you haven't been scammed? Does this happen to you much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

At the very least, please change your laser card and get the old one cancelled.

turns out it was not a scam i got my camera today it took about 20 days to get here packed very well everything working fine plus i saved 100 euro but i did learn a lesson never use a laser card on line. thanks folks...

Advertisement