Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Retail return policy?

Options
  • 17-10-2009 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

I read that the return policy is one week in unopened/unused condition. But how strictly do they enforce this? Say if I try the phone and use it lightly with care, would they still accept a return?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If you made a call, they could refuse, and they'll want to know the reason..

just be tough as nails and explain to them it's cutting out intermittently and you would like a full refund, don't take no for an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

I was told today and I asked twice! That I could use the phone and return within 7 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

If you don't like it, you have seven days remorse, but it'll have to be in perfect condition, with everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

center15 wrote: »
    I was told today and I asked twice! That I could use the phone and return within 7 days.

Yeah that sounds fair, however, the t&c says unused condition so it is a vague..

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

I posted this on another thread but it was not specifically this query. I bought a Nokia 2730 on Saturday and hate it, screen goes black after @ 20 seconds, no light to indicate a message/missed call and sound quality is crap! I've recycled the box though and obviously have used it - am i on a total loser?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

I brought the phone back today and said i wasn't happy with it and was prepared to pay a bit more for a better one. I had dug the box out of the recycling although it was more flat than a box :D They exchanged it for another without a problem and confirmed they have a 7 day "remorse" period.

I know i was really surprised, i just mentioned the few problems i'd had, none of them faults and the guy said that's no problem we have a 7 day remorse period for returns! Love my new phone :D

• Advertisement

I got the Nokia 6303i only an extra €20 and streets ahead!

Advertisement