Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I just had my baby!

• 17-10-2009 3:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. Just wanted to say I had my baby yesterday. Was a little boy 8lbs 10 oz. Nearly didn't make it to the hospital! Was examined on arrival and 3cm dialated and 11 mins later he was born. I am so happy now!:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

foxy06 wrote: »
    8lbs 10 oz.

is that a Turkey or a baby ? :pac:

congrats too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

That is brilliant news - the delivery sounds like what happened with my mum when she had me - she barely got to the hospital on time and almost had me in the stairwell! Congrats with your new arrival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Darthhoob

Wow, that was quick!!! it;s good when it is quick though LOL

congrats on the (nearly) bouncing baby boy :D what are you going to name him :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Congrats on the baby and of course the short labour;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Congratulations - I'm jealous of your short labour! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Congratulations! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭phaze

Wow! Congratulations. So glad all went well. Enjoy getting to know your son!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Going to call him Aidan. His two brothers are delighted with him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Great news. Congratulations. :D Delighted for ye. Aidan's a lovely name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Khannie wrote: »
    Great news. Congratulations. :D Delighted for ye. Aidan's a lovely name.

no jokes about the name please, even if they did just pick the second name in the baby book :pac:

j/k.

but really now, no jokes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Darthhoob

lovely name! it's on our list too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Another boardsie named her baby Aidan recently too! wolfpawnat if I remember correctly!! Seems to be popular this year! Congrats again!

Well heres the story for anyone bored and interested!

Woke with pains on Tuesday night and was 3 days late so woke husband had showers got everything ready for trip to hospital and husband told work he wouldn't be in. We waited at home til pains got worse but they just stopped! Was so annoyed cos I was pretty sure I was in labour.

Thursday night woke at 3 and exactly the same thing. Pains were regular but left husband in bed as was sure it was the same thing. timed the contractions for two hours and they were pretty strong so decided to wake husband at five and got my dad down to the house to mind the other kids and off we went. In the car on the way I didn't get a contraction for about 5 mins and started to cry cos I thought it was another false alarm! It came eventually and when we got to the hospital about 5.45 the nurse sat me down and went through admissions process. Headed to delivery room at 6 and midwife examined me. Pains had still been coming every few minutes and were getting much worse. after she examined me she said I was 3 cm and was going to break my waters after I had my next contraction. Waters broke by themselves with that contraction and 11 mins of pushing later out he came! My whole body was shaking for a half hour after with shock. It was unbelievable.

He is beautiful. I'm so lucky I went in when I did and would have gone in earlier but I just didn't want to get sent home. Pretty sure this is our last baby but if I ever do have another I will have the air ambulance on stand by!

robbie_998 wrote: »
    no jokes about the name please, even if they did just pick the second name in the baby book :pac:

j/k.

I actually got the name from Aidan from Sex and the City! First boy was Dylan and picked it after seeing graffiti on a lampost:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭lalalulu

Congrat's foxy that's a great birth story :) I presume you didn't need pain relief?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Congratulations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭bumpintraining

Thats great news congratulations on your new baby boy!! hope I have a similar labour :rolleyes:wishful thinking tho!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Sounds like an amazing birth! Beautiful name, it's timeless.

lalalulu wrote: »
    Congrat's foxy that's a great birth story :) I presume you didn't need pain relief?

I wanted to go without pain relief as on my second I had none and was feeling great after the birth but when I got to the delivery room the first thing I said was I want an epidural! Didn't have time in the end and really glad now as I was up and about much quicker after. In fairness though I would have taken anything I could get at the time:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Congrats foxy. I'm quite new here so only joined at the tail end of your pregnancy but have enjoyed reading your posts.

All the best with your new little boy ... its such a cute name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Congrats on your new arrival

Not sure how to post a pic so you don't need to open attatchments but here is one of the baby with his 2 big brothers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Hi folks. Just wanted to say I had my baby yesterday. Was a little boy 8lbs 10 oz. Nearly didn't make it to the hospital! Was examined on arrival and 3cm dialated and 11 mins later he was born. I am so happy now!:D

Congrats foxy06. Sounds like a fast labour, I was 4cm after 19 hours!!!!

Great name, but I am bias (I called my fella that too in Feb:):):))
    robbie_998 wrote: »

j/k.

HEY!!!! Dont diss the name:D
    Another boardsie named her baby Aidan recently too! wolfpawnat if I remember correctly!! Seems to be popular this year! Congrats again!

Yep, Sure great mothers think alike:D;)
    I actually got the name from Aidan from Sex and the City! First boy was Dylan and picked it after seeing graffiti on a lampost:p

We chose Aidan in memory of my partners' father, and it is lovely anyway. Ironically our friends called their little man Dylan:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I loved Aidan in SATC and I am sure baby AUdan is much cuter. Enjoy the little man.

xx

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭apsalar

congratulations foxy and what a cute family pic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

foxy I have to ask, how are you coping with 3 beautiful, but no doubt, energetic young boys?

I'm finding it much easier this time round. The first baby was really tough as I hadn't a clue and he cried A LOT! Second baby was much easier as he was a really chilled out baby and he is now a really chilled out 5 year old:rolleyes:. The two boys are being very good and helping out a lot and the hubby is off til Friday so he is being a great help too. We are all just on cloud nine at the moment:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Congratulations :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Congratulations

• Advertisement
Advertisement