Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS to Block 'unauthorized' Xbox 360 Storage Devices with new Update

Options
  • 17-10-2009 3:28pm

From majornelson.com:

When Preview Program members start receiving the Xbox 360 system update next week, one of the changes is that unauthorized Memory Units will no longer work with the Xbox 360. If you've moved your profile or saved games onto one to "back it up," you'd better move it back onto an authorized Xbox 360 storage device prior to taking the update. If you continue to use an unauthorized Memory Unit after the update, you will not be able to access your stored profile or saved games.

If you need help identifying officially licensed Xbox 360 storage devices or accessories you can read more about the licensed accessories program on Xbox.com

It's unsure if they mean devices like Datel's MAX Memory or homemade Xbox 360 HDDs, but I guess we can assume they will try to block both. There's no 'stealth' what-so-ever with home-made 360 HDDs so it would be pretty easy for MS to detect them. Back to paying 150usd for a 40usd 120gb 2.5" SATA drive with a fancy case?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

will see that in near future. I have 120gb hdd done from wd bevs drive. As soon as the update comes out I will post results ;)

Same here, Hope they just go after the Datel cards.

confirmed on x-s:

homemade hdd's still work. It is just Datel cards.

Yupppie!!!

docentore wrote: »
    confirmed on x-s:

homemade hdd's still work. It is just Datel cards.

Yupppie!!!

Class, :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Just updated and she's still working!!!

• Advertisement

On the other hand I'm really sorry for all people with Datel cards that lost their gamesaves.

Did a bit of messing last night and came up with this :D

Did a bit of messing last night and came up with this :D

Ai, Seen the 250g HDDSS.bin floating around.

Although 120G is more than enough for me.

cisk wrote: »
    Ai, Seen the 250g HDDSS.bin floating around.

Although 120G is more than enough for me.

Same here, i already have a 120GB, still have about 60GB free. Can't be arsed trying to move all my stuff again. Only chanced it out of boredom and the fact i had the drive spare!

You can use certain Laptop 2.5" Hard drives, Like the Western Digital Bevs.

If you open the 360 hard drive enclosure you will find out its just a laptop hard drive with a Sata/power adaptor to fit into the 360.

Using a program called HDDHACKR to prepare the drive to work in the 360.

• Advertisement
Advertisement