Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer to Council House

Options
  • 17-10-2009 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi Guys not sure if there is already a thread on this.

Just wondering if you were on the list for a transfer to another council house, how long would ya have to wait.

if anyone that has transferred wants to give there example, that would be great.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Its pretty much how long is a piece of string.......
    It varies from county to county- and is dependent on your status. As you currently have an abode- you would not be considered high priority. If you post more information people might be in a better position to offer advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 dan mc

smccarrick wrote: »
    Its pretty much how long is a piece of string.......
    It varies from county to county- and is dependent on your status. As you currently have an abode- you would not be considered high priority. If you post more information people might be in a better position to offer advice.

sorry not to sure what info ya need.
    living in council house in dublin for 20+years, looking for transfer to another location because of anti-social behaviour.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

dan mc wrote: »
    sorry not to sure what info ya need.
    living in council house in dublin for 20+years, looking for transfer to another location because of anti-social behaviour.

I see.
    Dan- you will be on the list- but as you're currently homed, even in less than satisfactory surroundings, you would have a much lower priority than any of those on the list who are currently being supported by the council, the HSE and the DSFA with rent support etc.

I'd keep my powder dry and wait to see what happens with NAMA etc. Countrywide- councils have a need for ~ 140,000 more council properties, NAMA could potentially be a tool for delivering a large number of these (providing it doesn't ghetto'ise entire areas- as it did in the past).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭seahorse

Probably organising a private transfer would be a better bet for you OP. If I were you I'd put an ad in the buy & sell, city ads, all those free ad papers, and I'd keep renewing them for months till I got what I was looking for. It'd be quicker than waiting on the council to transfer you; that could take years and years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 dan mc

thanks lads for your responses.

reason why we want a transfer is because anti-social behaviour.
    this is really affecting my mothers help at this stage.
    im not too sure what to do!

any advise??

• Advertisement
Advertisement