Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For the masses, something I found through my research

• 17-10-2009 4:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

http://theacidhouse.wordpress.com/

I'm sure some have come across it before but quite an interesting and entertaining site.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Didn't know about that site nice one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The bit about Smokebelch is quite intertesting. Never knew it was a cover. Great tune all the same but I wonder if the original guy got the credit for it.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

BaZmO* wrote: »
    The bit about Smokebelch is quite intertesting. Never knew it was a cover. Great tune all the same but I wonder if the original guy got the credit for it.

Yeah I only saw that somewhere in the last few weeks too. Never knew there was an original and don't think I've seen credit for it... gonna go check the sleeve!

In fairness though, the rework is a lot better....

No mention -

'All Tracks written & produced by The Sabres of Paradise'

Maybe they don't have to credit a sample?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Felixdhc wrote: »
    No mention -

'All Tracks written & produced by The Sabres of Paradise'

Did you check the twom copies? I have the Yellow and Red copies that were released.

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Maybe they don't have to credit a sample?
    Ah you'd have to credit a sample alright. I'd say they made quite a lot of money on the track, just wonder if the original got anything for his trouble.

You're right about SoP's version being better but at the end of the day it's only a remix now.

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Did you check the twom copies? I have the Yellow and Red copies that were released.

Ah you'd have to credit a sample alright. I'd say they made quite a lot of money on the track, just wonder if the original got anything for his trouble.

You're right about SoP's version being better but at the end of the day it's only a remix now.

No I just checked the Sabresonic II release, only one I have. Just looked again and actually is does say further down 'Written by Lamont Booker Momentum Music' - missed that bit for all these feckin years!

Yeah good point, kinda puts it in a different light now knowing all these years later that its actually a remix. Well, two remixes given that the David Holmes mix is the real classic!

Advertisement