Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating pump?

Options
  • 17-10-2009 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi!The pump in my central haeting system has stopped workin and i want to get a new one are the all the pumps the same size or special sizes for certain systems?My house is a 2 stotey with the boiler in the garage around 9-10metres from the house with 14 rads!Any help would be great am tryin to save the expense of a plumber as it seems an easy enough job with the valves either side!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

p.d wrote: »
    Hi!The pump in my central haeting system has stopped workin and i want to get a new one are the all the pumps the same size or special sizes for certain systems?My house is a 2 stotey with the boiler in the garage around 9-10metres from the house with 14 rads!Any help would be great am tryin to save the expense of a plumber as it seems an easy enough job with the valves either side!

The pumps are not all the same size but most are the same. There are 3/4" and 1" size pump valves. A domestic house would generally have 3/4" Most plumbers have a particular pump they like to use. A grundfos tends to be the most popular. If you close the pumpvalve that is turn the screw 90 deg to what it is open, then you can remove the pump.

Bring the pump to a merchant and ask him/her for the exact match. Alternativly read the label and phone a merchant and ask if they stock it.

Its not imposible to replace but you have to be careful

I am not to sure where you live but i know a lad in blanchardstown that sells them, he is fair on the price to. PM me if you want his number. Thanks

ps: do you know if the pump is in the boiler or seperate from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

If the system is old, the valves may not close, or may leak. If you have not used the heating for a month or 2, the pump may be just stuck. A gentle tap. or spin the impeller might get it going.
    Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

JamesM wrote: »
    If the system is old, the valves may not close, or may leak. If you have not used the heating for a month or 2, the pump may be just stuck. A gentle tap. or spin the impeller might get it going.
    Jim.

To true.... I usually just adjusted the speed up and down on the side and this kicked it off.

Advertisement