Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to portlaoise !!

Options
  • 17-10-2009 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi all , my self and the partner are just about to buy a house in portlaoise ......... signing monday in fact.

We are moving to a place called ashewood walk , just of summerhill lane (new development ) just wanted to know if anyone had any information on the place such as what the estate and the sourrending estates are like ?? and would anyone be able to tell me what tv, phone , broadband they are using around there and who are the bin company for that area ??

all info rellivent or irillevent would be greatly appreicated at the moment thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭medici

Hi, Ashwood Walk is adjacent to the older housing estate of Beladd. There's Beladd Upper and Lower Beladd, each of which has it's own green area. Parents place is in Upper Beladd not far from Ashwood Walk - don't know who they have in terms of tv and phone services, broadband is available in the area though and works quite well.

Bin charges are high enough to make the parents recycle everything and bring refuse to the dump themselves - this I'm told works out way cheaper than using bin companys.

Beladd's a well-established quiet enough place at this stage - roving gangs, block parties and street races are generally few and far between!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

Hi, I have chorus digital in my house - far cheaper than Sky & the signal is perfecet these day. On the bin provider try Ray Whelan; havent the number but there are located in Carlow. They are much cheaper than AES & collect every week. Don't go down the road of going to the dump thats such a pain in the neck. Enjoy Portlaoise

• Registered Users Posts: 7 shellyheffo

Hi

I am actually moving into Ashewood Walk myself soon (Hopefully next month). But I live just 2 minutes away from the estate now and use Sky TV. Find it great. There is good deals out there now. Might see you around as it is quite a small estate at the moment. Have you moved in yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭darcy.jonny

Hey thanks all for the advice on the place.

think ill be opting for sky as ntl just told me that i need a satalite for them as well !! must check out the bin situation.

and Hi shelly , not moved in just yet waiting for the house to be ready was down today putting the shed in and the kitchen started so going strong maybe be in the house in a week or two . hows youe house gettin on ??

• Registered Users Posts: 7 shellyheffo

Hey.

Yeah sky seems to be the best option well for us anyway. We are using the dump ourselves as the bin charges are quite expensive.

We are moving into the showhouse so it is all ready to move into. Just waiting for the paperwork to be done and I'm sure you know how long that takes. Hope to be in for Christmas anyway. We are in Aghnaharna at the moment, I'm not sure if you have heard of that estate. It's just up the road. Owned by the same developers. We find the area really quiet and myself and my partner commute to Dublin everyday and find it really handy as we don't have to go through the town to get home. Are you in a 2 bed or 3 bed?

• Advertisement

how are ya new neighbour haha .

Yea were getting the two bed house , (not the show room no.22 in fact ) herself wanted to pick her own stuff and get a bath upstairs insteed of a shower ...........

and believe me i know how long the paper work takes bloody solicitors !!!!

were gonna be cummiting to dublin ourselfs every day , she works in newlands cross and well i drive all over the city everyday .

so far the cheapest bin charges ive found are 460 per year which ant to bad as its 8 euro a week in dublin anyway, wish i had the option of paying only the weeks i need to though !!

And ive found a place thats doing phone and broadband for 35 per month and ive bought freeview t.v`s for the spare rooms and will ut sky in the sitting room i think.

anyway lol which are you gong for the two or three bedroom .......... ive been in every one of the show houses haha i know what ur house looks like hehe

hi shelly i sent u a pm there sorry it took so long to get back to you

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Mark OK

how are ya new neighbour haha .

Yea were getting the two bed house , (not the show room no.22 in fact ) herself wanted to pick her own stuff and get a bath upstairs insteed of a shower ...........

and believe me i know how long the paper work takes bloody solicitors !!!!

were gonna be cummiting to dublin ourselfs every day , she works in newlands cross and well i drive all over the city everyday .

so far the cheapest bin charges ive found are 460 per year which ant to bad as its 8 euro a week in dublin anyway, wish i had the option of paying only the weeks i need to though !!

And ive found a place thats doing phone and broadband for 35 per month and ive bought freeview t.v`s for the spare rooms and will ut sky in the sitting room i think.

anyway lol which are you gong for the two or three bedroom .......... ive been in every one of the show houses haha i know what ur house looks like hehe

Ray Whealen 059-9147678 are doing a 240L bin for €320, they collect general rubbish once a week and recycle rubbish every second week, much better than AES.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

Mark OK wrote: »
    Ray Whealen 059-9147678 are doing a 240L bin for €320, they collect general rubbish once a week and recycle rubbish every second week, much better than AES.

They also do a 'tag' system, which is fairly great, if, like me the bin only need to go out once a month.
    (The other tag systems that I know do not give you a proper wheelie bin)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Debbie88

Hi All

I would like to ask that somebody buy a house ashewood walk in this time?

Who could give opinion about agency Elite Estate Agency ?Any experience?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

Debbie88 wrote: »
    Hi All

I would like to ask that somebody buy a house ashewood walk in this time?

Who could give opinion about agency Elite Estate Agency ?Any experience?

That good was it? Mansfield auctioneers across from the cinema is one of the longest established in Laois if you want to give them a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Might as well keep this thread going.

My family will be moving to Portlaoise sometime early in the New Year.

Two questions I have for now are; who has the best mobile coverage in and around the town, and who does the best broadband?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Meteor good coverage and best offers. Imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Meteor good coverage and best offers. Imo

Advertisement