Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of bug is this??

Options
  • 17-10-2009 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Unfortunatly our dog found this bug before we did, has anyone any idea what it is???? It was the most lovely dark green colour with a gold stripe.

bug 006.JPG

bug 002.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

Cockroach? Beetle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 mumof2maybe3

Yes kinda guessed that but looking for actual name ... my sons really into bugs so want to find out more about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

picture isn't very clear, but did you find it near water by any chance?

could be this

dytiscus_marginalis_samica1.jpg The great diving beetle
    They are able fliers, usually at night, when they use the reflection of moonlight to locate new water sources, this location method can sometimes cause them to land on wet roads or other hard wet surfaces

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 mumof2maybe3

That is exactly it, thank you so much. When the boys get up in the morning I can fill them in and google it together. :D

Yes pic's not great... it took all my might to get that close :o .. hand was a bit shakey.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

.. hand was a bit shakey.

Lovely wellies though :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement