Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gay Bray Social Group

• 17-10-2009 6:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all

We recently set up a social group for lesbians and gay men in the Bray/Greystones/North Wicklow area. It's been very succesful so far with about 10-15 people turning up per meeting. Of course we always want to encourage more people to come along so I'm just advertising it here.

Usually once per month we meet to have a drink and chat in a pub in Bray - then we organise other events such as a walk, go to cinema,

It's a very welcoming group

for more details email us on gaybray@gmail.com

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭superficies

Well done on getting this organised! Just wondering, what's the age profile like or is it pretty mixed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Well done on getting this organised! Just wondering, what's the age profile like or is it pretty mixed?

Very mixed, representative of all ages from 20s to 60s

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

are you affiiliated to "Amach" or totally separate ?

vasch_ro wrote: »
    are you affiiliated to "Amach" or totally separate ?

Totally separate

Terry Pratchet

Next meeting is February 21st

Email us for more details

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Our group is going very strong - on average we get about 10-15 people along to events.

It is a social (and sociable) group for LGBT people with a range of all ages from late teens to 60s of men and women. We meet regularly once a month in a relaxed and safe place and at the same venue in Bray. Outside of this we have had lots of other events including walks,a summer party as well as several outings to the cinema.

We will be organising a walk from Bray to Greystones on the Sunday of the May bank holiday - if you would like to join us send an email to gaybray@gmail.com

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

Nuts, missed that walk

Bump

Just a reminder about this group

We have a big event coming up in November

As always if you want details email us in confidence gaybray@gmail.com

Terry Pratchet

Delighted to announce that Gloria, Dublins Lesbian and Gay Choir will be playing in the Mermaid Theatre in Bray in November - will have some more details soon

Also as usual if you want to find out more about GayBray email us in confidence gaybray@gmail.com

Terry Pratchet

GayBray (Brays LGBT social group) is delighted to announce that Gloria, Dublins lesbian and Gay Choir will play at the Mermaid in Bray on Friday November 26th. Everyone can purchase their ticket directly from the Mermaid

http://mermaid.ticketsolve.com/shows/26499948/events

GayBray is hosting this fundraising event in order to give something back to the town of Bray. With this in mind we have decided that we would like to fundraise to pay for the Oscar Wilde Memorial at Bray DART Station to be restored. It costs approximately €4000 to restore one of these panels. The Gloria concert should hopefully raise funds to cover this.

You can find out more here about the Mural to Mosaic project

http://triskill-projects.blogspot.com/2009_02_01_archive.html
    http://triskill-projects.blogspot.com/2008_07_01_archive.html
    http://mural-to-mosaic.blogspot.com/

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 layercake7777

im chris and noticed your add on gay social group and was wondering if you can send me info on your next group event.

many thanks chris.

Advertisement