Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is something going to happen on October 25th?

• 17-10-2009 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭

Six independent sources suggest October 25th, 2009 is a critical date for the United States of America:

1) Timewave Zero
    2) Web Bot Project
    3) Colombian Boy Prophet
    4) Russian prognosticator
    5) FOX & CNN News Reports
    6) Pastor Vincent Xavier

Possible outcomes include:

A) Dollar Collapse or Death
    B) Obama Assassination Attempt
    C) Atomic Bomb Detonated in Washington D.C. :eek:

Personally I think option A is the most likely, although I wouldnt be that surprised if B or C happened. If anything is going to happen I think it might be another crash in the stock market, who knows?

Do you?

Edit: As a bit of an aside, I was told several months ago that if the swine flu programme failed, there would be a nuclear attack either in Iran or America. Too many people became aware of the risks of the vaccine during the last few months, so this may be plan B for the globalists. Obviously this is all opinion and I have pretty much nothing to back it up, just before the skeptics start asking (no offense meant).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,343 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

So a non specific thing might happen on that date?

And pretty much anything at all will fit the bill?
    That's not really a prediction.

Seems similar to the last prediction we had here.
    The date came and went and nothing happened.

We were told that something had started on that date and we should wait a few months.
    We did, and still nothing.

I'll make a prediction myself and say the same thing will happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

King Mob wrote: »

I'll also predict that if nothing happens on that date those making dire predictions will ignore this all until they re surface making vague dire announcements about a different future date.

Frankly if I had serious inside information about the fate of the dollar I'd be a tad too busy making a killing on currency speculation to be making videos to put up on youtube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

Can't wait to see what will be said when the 25th comes and none of this stuff happens. What will be the excuse then?

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭samson09

Can't wait to see what will be said when the 25th comes and none of this stuff happens. What will be the excuse then?

Again. I'm not saying anything will happen!

Just find these things amusing :)

FYI the web bot guys predicted 9/11. Spooky.

Did they actually predict it or did they just claim they predicted it? Do you have a link to where they predicted it before 9/11 happened?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Well they'll hardly go through with it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Did they actually predict it or did they just claim they predicted it? Do you have a link to where they predicted it before 9/11 happened?

In June 2001, Web Bot predicted a life-changing catastrophe of unspecified nature to occur within 60-90 days.

bonkey wrote: »
    In June 2001, Web Bot predicted a life-changing catastrophe of unspecified nature to occur within 60-90 days.

But what I'm asking for is an article or source from before 9/11 about this prediction..or did they just claim to have predicted this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Yeah, these predictions are quite chilling - and we've heard the bit about the financial crisis deepening in October - but who exactly are the sources? The Colombian kid? What's his form? What else has he predicted? I'd ask the same of the Russian guy. We can all make predictions... doesn't mean they'll all come true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sooo... the terrorists will try to kill Obama with a nuke, which will cause the dollar to drop? Hmmm... I doubt it.

But I wonder will any nutjob out there try to ensure that it will happen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

the_syco wrote: »
    Sooo... the terrorists will try to kill Obama with a nuke, which will cause the dollar to drop? Hmmm... I doubt it.

But I wonder will any nutjob out there try to ensure that it will happen?

Luckily we'll be safe inside the sheldon :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Funny to add to this, On two seperate forums unrelated to conspiracy etc, one being t-nation.com and can't remember the other one, I've seen one national guard member and one US army member saying to people to avoid state capitals from mid-october onwards if possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

about a year or two ago there was a ct out about a nuclear bomb been detonated in washington dc killing the president and that as a result foreign troops(european union) would be drafted in for marshall law;)

think the dollar will die at some stage and the emergence of the amero will appear!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Rujib1

Diogenes wrote: »
    I'll also predict that if nothing happens on that date those making dire predictions will ignore this all until they re surface making vague dire announcements about a different future date.

Frankly if I had serious inside information about the fate of the dollar I'd be a tad too busy making a killing on currency speculation to be making videos to put up on youtube.

Ahem!!! Thought the dollar had already collapsed :p
    When € was launched €1 was worth $0.93
    Now €1 is worth $1.57. That's a drop of 69% in value of dollar vs euro.

Irish property is down probably by the same amount from it's peak, and that is a collapse according to the "experts" :eek:

So too the greenback!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Probably the same excuse as the myriad of other times we've heard stuff like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cill123

ah sure if its a nuke, well then at least ill have a nice firewrk 4 my birthday....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

samson09 wrote: »
    Six independent sources suggest October 25th, 2009 is a critical date for the United States of America:

Possible outcomes include:

A) Dollar Collapse or Death
    B) Obama Assassination Attempt
    C) Atomic Bomb Detonated in Washington D.C. :eek:

Personally I think option A is the most likely, although I wouldnt be that surprised if B or C happened. If anything is going to happen I think it might be another crash in the stock market, who knows?

The 25th is a Sunday. So doubt it will be the stock market

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Xandrius

In The Lone Gunmen series that was a spinoff from The X-files in the 90s, they had an episode that was so similar to 9/11 that it was almost scary. Dont know if that was a prediction but it looks like some kind of plan that is quite ready since they got it so right in that series. Its not to diffrent either, and its quite scary to watch since this one was made only 6 month or so before it happend in New York.

Xandrius wrote: »
    In The Lone Gunmen series that was a spinoff from The X-files in the 90s, they had an episode that was so similar to 9/11 that it was almost scary. Dont know if that was a prediction but it looks like some kind of plan that is quite ready since they got it so right in that series. Its not to diffrent either, and its quite scary to watch since this one was made only 6 month or so before it happend in New York.

Yes because if you're planning a sinister conspiracy to crash plans into the towers and blame terrorists, what you really should do, is create a tv series where someone does just that.

baza1976 wrote: »

Could be an announcement/event that causes another crash. Although the markets are long overdue for a dip anyway, they've risen for the last six months without any significant correction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Call me crazy or a liar whatever !!! I woke up one morning a couple of months ago, and I just had a feeling something terrible was going to happen this year.

Maybe im just nuts and nothing will happen or maybe Lisbon was that terrible thing or NAMA :P... but anyway something to give you all the chills about ! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

So a non specific thing might happen on that date?

And pretty much anything at all will fit the bill?
    That's not really a prediction.

Seems similar to the last prediction we had here.
    The date came and went and nothing happened.

We were told that something had started on that date and we should wait a few months.
    We did, and still nothing.

If something of the above happens we can wonder how it was predicted. If nothing happens who cares? I certainly won't be mocking people for making wild predictions, let them, who is it hurting?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Is something going to happen on October 25th?

Yep, im going to wake up think about a shower; Get dressed and thank jebus i dont have work next week!

In relation to the speculation around the couple of topics, im sure there is assasination plots hatched and foiled everyday, the dollar continues to devalue constantly anyway thanks to Mr. Fed Reserve and an atomic bomb probably could happen (i dont know im not an expert).

Interesting to see what wakes me on sunday tho!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

bonkey wrote: »

I got my junior cert results them,

Pretty fucking catastrophe...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

C) Atomic Bomb Detonated in Washington D.C.

its viral advertising for modern warfare 2 (:D):

Jesus havnt people learnt anything like tv you dont believe everything you hear on the internet :D

nullzero wrote: »
    If something of the above happens we can wonder how it was predicted. If nothing happens who cares? I certainly won't be mocking people for making wild predictions, let them, who is it hurting?

And I don't plan to mock anyone either.

I'm just pointing out the fact these kind of predictions are either so vague that they can be applied to anything that happens on the date predicted or they're applied to an unseen something who's effects will be seen soon.
    These predictions aren't actually predictions.

I could claim the exact same things will happen tomorrow and be as right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

baza1976 wrote: »

See I was thinkin about this and it struck me that Sunday would be the most catostrophic day for the traders as they would be helpless til monday mornin, and that would be enough time for the markets to collaps to a point that there was no way to trade their way out, they would just have to sit there and watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I'm just pointing out the fact these kind of predictions are either so vague that they can be applied to anything that happens on the date predicted or they're applied to an unseen something who's effects will be seen soon.

This is it for me too. A prediction lacking detail or any backup may as well be called dreaming. Stories are great, dreaming is great but let's not suggest they are the same as a real prediction that has a reasonable likelihood of happening.
    See I was thinkin about this and it struck me that Sunday would be the most catostrophic day for the traders as they would be helpless til monday mornin, and that would be enough time for the markets to collaps to a point that there was no way to trade their way out, they would just have to sit there and watch

But the falls wouldn't take place until Monday morning surely? The markets are closed on a Sunday right?

well go on then, predict something!

• Advertisement

Ok,
    I predict that something important shall happen tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

well go on then, predict something!

he he he I don't think anyone would like to know my dreams.

Look all I'm saying is a prediction that says something will happen somewhere on the 25th wasn't worth the effort to post it. If someone predicts one of the top three sports teams will win the particular championship then I can see what they might be basing that on.

It's quite possible that randomly something could happen but I reckon it will be feck all as usual.

But the falls wouldn't take place until Monday morning surely? The markets are closed on a Sunday right?

yes the Fall would occur on monday when the markets opened, but the event that triggers it would occur on the sunday, hence when trading opens all the traders know theyre Fukkkked and its a scramble to cash out.

say for example China refuses to buy anymore Tbills on a Saturday afternoon, this piece of information is diseminated to the market too late for all but the top echelons to do anything about it, Sunday is a day of blind panic as people start to take stock of the situation, by monday morning all Consumer confidence evaporated for the US dollar and then the trading floors open and its a mad scramble to either cash out whatever you can or a quick run in the elevator up to the roof of the building :o

yes the Fall would occur on monday when the markets opened, but the event that triggers it would occur on the sunday, hence when trading opens all the traders know theyre Fukkkked and its a scramble to cash out.

say for example China refuses to buy anymore Tbills on a Saturday afternoon, this piece of information is diseminated to the market too late for all but the top echelons to do anything about it, Sunday is a day of blind panic as people start to take stock of the situation, by monday morning all Consumer confidence evaporated for the US dollar and then the trading floors open and its a mad scramble to either cash out whatever you can or a quick run in the elevator up to the roof of the building :o

Yeah markets don't work on a Saturday either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

As with the last prediction thread has anyone set a bar on what level of event is considered as something happening?

Things happen everyday around the world, so surely this must be a large scale event, rather than something regular.

Tyrant^ wrote: »
    Call me crazy or a liar whatever !!! I woke up one morning a couple of months ago, and I just had a feeling something terrible was going to happen this year.

Maybe im just nuts and nothing will happen or maybe Lisbon was that terrible thing or NAMA :P... but anyway something to give you all the chills about ! :rolleyes:

Well as far as I can tell you're taking the piss, but let's just examine the timescale you're working with.

• January - Earthquake kills hundreds and displaces thousands in El Salvador.
    • January - Earthquake kills thousands in India.
    • February - Foot and Mouth epidemic in the UK
    • September 11 - Attacks on the World Trade Centre and Pentagon
    • January - Volcanic eruption in DRC displaces hundreds of thousands of people.
    • May - A China Airlines plane breaks up midflight, killing 225 people.
    • September - A ferry capsizes of the coast of Gambia, 1,863 people die.
    • October - 202 people die in the Bali bombings.
    • October - At least 170 people die in the Moscow Theatre Hostage Crisis.
    • November - more than 100 die in attacks aimed at contestants in the Miss World competition.
    • February 26 - First identified case of SARS.
    • March - Invasion of Iraq begins.
    • July - A Sudan Airways flight crashes, killing 116 and leaving only one survivor.
    • December - Earthquake kills 40,000 in Iran
    • January - Air Disaster in the Red Sea kills 148.
    • February - 251 pilgrims die in a stampede in Mina.
    • March - Terrorist bombings in Madrid kill 190.
    • April - the collision of two trains carrying explosives and fuel in North Korea kills over 160, injures hundreds, and destroys thousands of homes.
    • August - A supermarket fire in Paraguay kills over 4000
    • September - Over 300 people die in the Beslan Hostage Crisis.
    • November - Coal Mine Explosion in China kills over 150.
    • December - An earthquake and tsunami kill over 220,000 people in South East Asia.
    • December - A fire in a nightclub in Buenos Aires kills 194 people.
    • February - Coal Mine Explosion in China kills over 200.
    • February - 500 die and 1,000 are injured in an earthquake in Iran.
    • May - Uzbek troops kill 700 protesters.
    • August - Hurricane Katrina kills over 1,800 and causes billions of dollars of damage in the Southwestern United States.
    • September - Airplane crash in Indonesia kills 117.
    • October - Hurricane Stan kills over 1,600 people in Mexico and Central America.
    • October - About 80,000 people die in an earthquake in Kashmir.
    I think five years is enough, to make my point. I had pretty strict rules for including an event - a death toll of over 100 or I wouldn't include it, with a small few exceptions which I am happy to explain. This means I left out some events that would most likely be seen as pretty major - the July 7 bombings in London for example, the death of Pope John Paul II, toppling of governments, civil unrest, or any natural disaster with a death toll below 100.

If you pick any large enough period of time and predict an event of some nature will happen, you'll be right. Make the time shorter, and the prediction more vague, then you'll likely be right.

I predict a world leader will die or lose power in the next three months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Undergod wrote: »
    I predict a world leader will die or lose power in the next three months.

Not really that hard to predict. It happens a good bit to be honest.

Well so about half way through the day. Let's see if I predicted anything:

Swine flu vaccination under way:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8317212.stm

UN puts Iran deal on the table:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8318258.stm

Microsoft unleashes new Windows:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8316522.stm

So was my prediction accurate?

OMG WINDOWS 7 IS OUT! TIMEWAVE ZER0

Not really that hard to predict. It happens a good bit to be honest.

Thank you. That's my point.

°°°°°

So would you agree that your contribution to this thread has been to simply state the obvious?
    We can all come to the same conclusion that you seem to have arrived at.
    Again I have to wonder why you would bother posting when the topic is so clearly pointless in your view, something which you highlight in your own posts.
    I'm happy to read other peoples posts on this topic, people who have links to these individuals who are making these predictions and it makes for interesting reading, even if my own sensibilities tell me not to take it at face value.
    You rushed in to remind us all that these predictions are usually way off the mark, but no one really needed reminding. It's not as if Brian Cowen addressed the nation to say that something big may or may not happen on October 25th, it's not a case of you being the one sane voice in a society gone mad about vague predictions. Most people share your views, and as far as I can assertain these forums, whilst balanced to encourage debate are largely for the discussion of slightly off the wall topics that the majoirty of society find hard to digest.
    So while I can appreciate what you're saying, I just feel it was an exercise in stating the obvious rather than a hard hitting rebuke, after all most people take these predictions with a grain of salt, let the people who don't speak about them freely, because again, it's not hurting anyone is it?

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

Ok,
    I predict that something important shall happen tomorrow.

I look forward to it.

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    So would you agree that your contribution to this thread has been to simply state the obvious?
    We can all come to the same conclusion that you seem to have arrived at.
    Again I have to wonder why you would bother posting when the topic is so clearly pointless in your view, something which you highlight in your own posts.
    I'm happy to read other peoples posts on this topic, people who have links to these individuals who are making these predictions and it makes for interesting reading, even if my own sensibilities tell me not to take it at face value.
    You rushed in to remind us all that these predictions are usually way off the mark, but no one really needed reminding. It's not as if Brian Cowen addressed the nation to say that something big may or may not happen on October 25th, it's not a case of you being the one sane voice in a society gone mad about vague predictions. Most people share your views, and as far as I can assertain these forums, whilst balanced to encourage debate are largely for the discussion of slightly off the wall topics that the majoirty of society find hard to digest.
    So while I can appreciate what you're saying, I just feel it was an exercise in stating the obvious rather than a hard hitting rebuke, after all most people take these predictions with a grain of salt, let the people who don't speak about them freely, because again, it's not hurting anyone is it?
    The thing is some people do take it seriously.

Samson09 took it seriously enough to think it's possible they predicted something.

But it seems you are more interested in taking a dig at me rather than discussing the topic at hand.

Reminder: IMO, the prediction is something that will have a highly significant effect on the US economically/politically will occur on 25th October 2009.

Do I think something will happen? Who knows, probably not.
    Am I losing sleep over it? Not a wink.
    Will I be disappointed if nothing happens? Not at all.

This probably applies to most people here.

I think it's become apparent that some people will argue about almost anything, the truth is no one really gives a sh!t. :rolleyes:

samson09 wrote: »
    Reminder: IMO, the prediction is something that will have a highly significant effect on the US economically/politically will occur on 25th October 2009.

Do I think something will happen? Who knows, probably not.
    Am I losing sleep over it? Not a wink.
    Will I be disappointed if nothing happens? Not at all.

This probably applies to most people here.

I think it's become apparent that some people will argue about almost anything, the truth is no one really gives a sh!t. :rolleyes:

You started a thread and researched the subject, and then say "hey what do I care!" You clearly do care to a greater degree than anyone else here or you wouldn't have got the ball rolling.

What I do suspect, that in the unlikely event you are proven right, and something massive happens, you're completely revise your position again and shout
    "SEE! SEE! HA HA! I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG! WHO'S A SUCKER NOW!"

Diogenes wrote: »
    You started a thread and researched the subject, and then say "hey what do I care!" You clearly do care to a greater degree than anyone else here or you wouldn't have got the ball rolling.

What I do suspect, that in the unlikely event you are proven right, and something massive happens, you're completely revise your position again and shout
    "SEE! SEE! HA HA! I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG! WHO'S A SUCKER NOW!"

No I'll save that for when the whole vaccine hoax is finally exposed :D

Again, yet another pointless, argumentative post :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Enough of the bickering, you two.

I'm curious as to what people think could actually trigger a colapse of the Dollar

What would the event have to be.

just speculatin for Sh1ts and giggles like,

I'm stickin with, the Chinese decide to stop buying Dollars.

anyone else have anything a little more off the wall than that.

I mena ther could be an earthquake or a tsunami but unless it happens in one of about 3 places in the US it wont make a lick of difference.

when does fire season start??

I'm curious as to what people think could actually trigger a colapse of the Dollar

What would the event have to be.

just speculatin for Sh1ts and giggles like,

I'm stickin with, the Chinese decide to stop buying Dollars.

You understand that if the dollar collapses completely the vast amount of American debt that China has already acquired would become worthless overnight?

China isn't going to snap it's fingers and stop buying dollars in an instant.
    anyone else have anything a little more off the wall than that.

I mena ther could be an earthquake or a tsunami but unless it happens in one of about 3 places in the US it wont make a lick of difference.

when does fire season start??

Summer. And if you don't think a earthquake or Tsunami would collapse the dollar, but a could of forest fires will? Really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

The US defaults on their debt?

°°°°°

The thing is some people do take it seriously.

Samson09 took it seriously enough to think it's possible they predicted something.

But it seems you are more interested in taking a dig at me rather than discussing the topic at hand.

I'm not taking a dig at you or anyone else.
    I'm simply questioning the logic behind what you are saying, or more to the point, what your motivation is for saying it.
    It seems like you're wasting your own time and you don't even realise it. That's fine if you want to do that.
    So what if someone wants to believe some odd theory? Will you not be happy until everyone agree's with you? Can you not be contented with the fact that the majority already do. Surely people have a right to have their own opinions and we should celebrate this diversity even if it does seem strange.
    I personally don't care what people think, and I certainly don't think that because of one thread on a forum that is a little bit strange, is the world going to come to an end.
    To be completely honest with you, I think this thread would have ended a long time a go were it not for the tit for tat arguments that have clogged it. You have every right to voice you opinions, but I also have the right to ask why you would waste your time battling against a vague theory that most people would happily ignore, it kind of feels like you're acting as the champion of popular opinion, only no one really cares that you acting in that capicity. That's just my observation, and I'm sure you disagree, but you can be assured that I'm not taking a cheap shot at you or anyone else.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
Advertisement