Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gretsch and Amp for my 40th Birthday.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I've never seen a blueburst 6120 in person but they are supposed to look absolutely jaw-droppingly beautiful. It wouldn't be my cup of tea (I can't have gold hardware - the sweat from hands DESTROYS it almost upon contact.) I think if I were going for a 6120 I'd probably go for a more traditional one - the black ones look killer too though... having said all that - I wouldn't kick yours out of the bed for eating cream crackers, so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

I've never seen a blueburst 6120 in person but they are supposed to look absolutely jaw-droppingly beautiful. It wouldn't be my cup of tea (I can't have gold hardware - the sweat from hands DESTROYS it almost upon contact.) I think if I were going for a 6120 I'd probably go for a more traditional one - the black ones look killer too though... having said all that - I wouldn't kick yours out of the bed for eating cream crackers, so to speak.

Is the gold hardware that bad? I figured over time it would tarnish but didnt know it happened that quickly. There are a fair few Orange 6120's on ishibashi and im starting to warm to them the more I look at them.
    I still have a soft spot for the 'roses though!;)

Unless you're really careful the gold will tarnish over time. I have a problem with my sweat in that it's extremely acidic so it eats into metal like you wouldn't believe. Seriously - if I play a guitar for a few minutes and don't wipe it down afterwards - the strings are ruined in a matter of hours. The problem for me is that the rust spreads to all other metal parts too - so I have to be really careful. With gold - the problem is even worse. This isn't an issue for the majority of people though. How did you get on over at the GDP? Did you learn about the different types of pups / bracings / tailpieces / bridges / control layouts etc? :D It can be a bit head-wrecking trying to navigate it all - but also a bit fun too.

Unless you're really careful the gold will tarnish over time. I have a problem with my sweat in that it's extremely acidic so it eats into metal like you wouldn't believe. Seriously - if I play a guitar for a few minutes and don't wipe it down afterwards - the strings are ruined in a matter of hours. The problem for me is that the rust spreads to all other metal parts too - so I have to be really careful. With gold - the problem is even worse. This isn't an issue for the majority of people though. How did you get on over at the GDP? Did you learn about the different types of pups / bracings / tailpieces / bridges / control layouts etc? :D It can be a bit head-wrecking trying to navigate it all - but also a bit fun too.

Yes mate I spent a good deal of time reading up about everything you mentioned. Its enjoyable, well to me anyway, to read about the technical stuff. It makes me all the more eager to get my hands on a guitar of my own. Im not going to rush though, want to buy something that I realy like.
    I want this baby to be a lifetime keeper and maybe leave it to my son who is learning on a acoustic at the moment.
    I just loved the look of that blue baby but think I may end up buying a 'ROSE though.

I came very close to pulling the trigger on a Tennesee Rose myself - the Jet just pipped it to the post though. I don't know what my next Gretsch is going to be but I do know that I will be getting one at some stage. Anyway, welcome to the addiction Rafa! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA""!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I came very close to pulling the trigger on a Tennesee Rose myself - the Jet just pipped it to the post though. I don't know what my next Gretsch is going to be but I do know that I will be getting one at some stage. Anyway, welcome to the addiction Rafa! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA""!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

LOL......thanks a mil. You do realise that you are fueling that adiction:D
    I have played acoustic guitar for years and didnt consider buying an electric in that time. Years ago myself and an old mate (during my college days) used to jam together and I remember telling him if I ever bought an electric guitar it would be a hollow body. He played a strat at the time that he got from america but I wanted a hollow. I didnt even know thw name gretsch at the time (20 years ago). Its taken me that long to finally get round to getting a nice hollow body and I cant wait to get my hands on it.
    None of the 3 shops, chrisguitars, streetsounds or Ishibashi have answered my emails yet which is frustrating:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Rocky in Streetsounds answered me almost immediately. Do you go through Ebay?

Don't worry about the gold hardware either. It will tarnish, if not looked after, no quicker than any other hardware. That blue 6120 is really feckin nice!

Quattroste wrote: »
    Rocky in Streetsounds answered me almost immediately. Do you go through Ebay?

Don't worry about the gold hardware either. It will tarnish, if not looked after, no quicker than any other hardware. That blue 6120 is really feckin nice!

Hi Quattroste..

I e-mailed Rocky using his email address posted on the their main website. I didnt attempt to contact them through ebay.
    I didnt see anything that realy appealed to me their ebay shop anyway. Their prices are higher than Ishibashi too which has me leaning towards buying from Japan rather than America.
    Thats not to say I wouldnt buy from them, I may well end up with a guitar from street sounds but thats not looking likely at the moment.

Advertisement