Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to visit Santa?

Options
  • 17-10-2009 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi trying to think of ideas to visit santa in ireland, we were trying to get to Disney Paris before Christmas but it is too expensive so instead we intend to have a weekend away in Ireland factoring in a visit to a santa place such as a farm or forest something like that. We live in Tallaght in Dublin so a short enough drive to somewhere not too far outside of the pale given we have 8 year old and six year old to consider - was thinking of Causey farm and a stay in City North hotel taking in Newbridge farm and funtasia as well? Any suggs? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Hi trying to think of ideas to visit santa in ireland, we were trying to get to Disney Paris before Christmas but it is too expensive so instead we intend to have a weekend away in Ireland factoring in a visit to a santa place such as a farm or forest something like that. We live in Tallaght in Dublin so a short enough drive to somewhere not too far outside of the pale given we have 8 year old and six year old to consider - was thinking of Causey farm and a stay in City North hotel taking in Newbridge farm and funtasia as well? Any suggs? Thanks

http://www.redmountainopenfarm.ie/location.php

this place is close to city north, it is newly opened, I have heard good things about it, but as of yet I have not visited it.. Might be an idea for you!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Causey Farm is excellent.I'd certainly think it's a good place to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 shurtisonlyme

Hi all,
    I know this thread is about VISITING Santa but just to let you know that I signed up for 7.95 to a website supporting the Laura Lynn foundation (all profits go to this charity, set up by the inspirational Jane & Brendan McKenna) where "Santa" texts my child 3 times between now & Christmas including Xmas eve. I got the first text over the weekend & it's brilliant - drove him wild with excitement - it came from "Santa", not an actual phone no - brilliant!! It mentioned my son by name & that he was seen by an elf at his school last week - his school name was also mentioned to make it more realistic (on signing up, I had to fill out a form with some details like name, age, name of school, where we live). You can also buy a DVD for e15/20 or thereabouts where Santa records himself speaking to your child on DVD & mentions their friends, hobbies apparently. I haven't done this yet but am definitely going to! I'm not sure if I'm allowed mention the website but it's for charity so hopefully am not breaking any rules - its www.hohoho.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

I know you want to travel and stay away but just thought I'd throw this out there, the santa in the Stephens green shopping centre is fabulous! Brilliant! Also I've heard great things asout santa in the ailwee caves in clare, you need to book it early so i'd start looking at it now.

Advertisement