Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coarse Fishing at Rathbeggan???

Options
  • 17-10-2009 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

I wanna get back into my coarse fishing. After giving up for a few years due to the demise of fish stocks in our countrys lakes i have decide the best way to catch some fish is in a stocked lake!

Has anyone fished the coarse lake in Rathbeggan? Is it any good?

Is there still big bags of fish to be catch in our lakes? or has little changed in my few years away?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭ravey

Hi Francie,
    Yup we still have our coarse lake here, stocked with Rudd, Bream and Tench, although the rudd need some diversionary tactics if you want to get past em to nail the Tench and Bream. Everyone is catching Rudd, and if youre a keen pole fisher youl spend the day wheelin them in! However larger sized bait (eg treble maggot or Large worm) fished hard on the bottom should get you in touch with the others. Biggest tench over the last couple of weeks were about 1.5 lbs but we know that theres bigger in there! Full day coarse fishing is just ten euro from Nov 1st onwards.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭francie BradyII

Hi Ravey, Thanks for your reply. I am beginning to think fisheries like yours are the future of fishing in this country. The non nationals have ruined everything for us sportsmen.

My plans is to stock up on tackle over the winter and you shall see me at Rathbeggan next spring.

as for the rudd, i don't see a problem there!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭ravey

Ah youll still get a day or twos good fishing before the real brutal weather comes. Try get here and even use some of our kit i am sure youll have a ball.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Bratach Bán

ravey wrote: »
    Ah youll still get a day or twos good fishing before the real brutal weather comes. Try get here and even use some of our kit i am sure youll have a ball.:D

Planning on heading over to Rathbeggan myself with my younger brother soon.

Any rules I should know about? Would using a swimfeeder be okay?

Looking forward to getting out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

is there still bait fishing available for trout? Want to go with a couple of friends but they dont really know how to fly fish....

• Advertisement
Advertisement