Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Laptop

Options
  • 17-10-2009 8:32pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What's the exact position, in Consumer Law, when it comes to how many repairs a company is entitled to give before having to replace the product?

Have a faulty laptop which kept dying under warranty, so sent it back to them for repair. They sent it back saying they fixed the fault but the laptop died again (within a matter of weeks) and re-sent it back. Got it back last week saying they failed to find a fault yet the laptop has died again on me just there. So before I send it back again - whats the position?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Sully wrote: »
    What's the exact position, in Consumer Law, when it comes to how many repairs a company is entitled to give before having to replace the product?

Have a faulty laptop which kept dying under warranty, so sent it back to them for repair. They sent it back saying they fixed the fault but the laptop died again (within a matter of weeks) and re-sent it back. Got it back last week saying they failed to find a fault yet the laptop has died again on me just there. So before I send it back again - whats the position?
    repairs should be permenant so reasonably you are entitled to seeek another form of redress after their appempt to repair has failed,

this may be a replacement or a refund but the store may refuse to refund instead offering another repair or replacement and you may have to go through the small claims court to have it sorted our reasonably.

Advertisement