Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technical Help: Changing from American to European server

Options
  • 17-10-2009 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭

Hey all, couple months back I bought WOW Burning Crusade in the U.S. Been playing it a few weeks and have only realized I am on an American server. Which kinda sucks as the time difference makes for a quite lonely gaming experience.

Does anyone know if I can change server?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

No. I also have a deactivated chars on US servers. Trying to raid etc is a pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

What you could possibly do is purchase a european retail copy of the game, create a EU account with the exact same information on your US account and then transfer your characters from your US account to your EU account. It may work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭pierce hard

tom_ass19 wrote: »
    What you could possibly do is purchase a european retail copy of the game, create a EU account with the exact same information on your US account and then transfer your characters from your US account to your EU account. It may work.

Im fairly certain you cant transfer characters between US and EU realms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Yep, this is completely impossible. If you wish to play on EU realms you will need to create an EU account by buying the game again, and there is no way to transfer the characters between US and EU.

Advertisement