Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internet in castletroy

• 17-10-2009 9:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭

im moving into briarfield in the next week or so and there is no internet in the house so im going to arrange it myself

anyone got any recomendations about what broadband is available in the area and whats providing good service at the mo?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭CarDriver

PeakOutput wrote: »
    im moving into briarfield in the next week or so and there is no internet in the house so im going to arrange it myself

anyone got any recomendations about what broadband is available in the area and whats providing good service at the mo?
    How ya gettin on? The best one to get is Chorus UPC. They have a good student deal on with broadband link here: http://www.upc.ie/broadband/student/ What part of Briarfield are you moving into? It depends on the area of Briarfield you are in. In certain parts of The Cedars you can't get broadband from Chorus. You would need some cable or something. Ring 1908 and they'll tell you instantly though. If that doesn't work just get 02 broadband. That is a plug in modem like a USB. There is a student deal with them aswell. We cant get Chorus but 1 of the lads has that and it is fast. I hope that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

If Chorus doesn't work out I'd recommend (if there isn't a phone line) Digiweb Metro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

i am assuming there is a phone line as i was told they had broadband there before i need quite fast internet access and alot of download allowance as i run an online business so i need fast flexible and reliable thats why i dont think the o2 mobile broadband is for me

ill have a look at upc and digiweb thanks lads

oh and its the conifers

edit; wow 20mb available from upc wasnt expecting that just gotta persuade my new housemates they need the best of the best :p

Advertisement