Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting out in Balbriggan, tips?

Options
  • 17-10-2009 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I am hoping to move into Balbriggan in the next few weeks. The house is an empty shell though and just wanted to see if people had tips or good or bad experiences about where to go for getting the things you need to get started e.g. fridge, washing machine, microwave, paint, shower, floors (wooden and carpet), wardrobes, bed etc. I imagine ill be seeing a lot of Ikea, although I haven't been in it yet!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

DID or Harvey Normans are great for doing deals if you're buying several things!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

The EEC Arro store in Balbriggan is a good local DIY store. You'll get paint, shower, floor, etc there. Also good for general household stuff. Usually good bargains also.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Your not too far from Newry here so it is probably worth a drive up.
    Powercity have good deals on electrical items,not sure where the nearest one is though.
    Airside is swords has diy shops,DID, and homestore and more.
    Hope you enjoy Balbriggan!

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

If your looking for furniture without bursting the bank balance, no harm checking Hodgin's shop down Convent Lane by the Rail Station - they deliver too!

Gets the thumbs up from the 'Nod'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

Welcome to Balbriggan!! I'm only here since Sept 1st, so have had the same queries! I found Michael Briscoe Electrix in Drogheda (there's one in Ashbourne too) great. I got an oven and gas hob pack for €329, but they do a pack with an electric hob for €299.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Thanks Lilly!

I will need a lot of the same stuff so ill take a look alright around Drogheda! Hope to be in in a few weeks :) The border is so close though it is tempting, even if it isnt in the nations interests

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ditzydee

Hi, you should also try Hodgins(they're near the train station in Balbriggan) They tend to do good deals if you pay in cash. They're quite reasonable anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

Great to see noobies to Balbriggan posting for info on boards.ie

Re: Briscoe Electrix - remember they've an local office on Quay Street [down the side of the Golden Emperor], I don't drive a car :p, so it handy when ordering from the Drogheda shop as they've dropped off at the shop for collection, thus no delivery charges!

Advertisement