Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters Network Engineering

• 17-10-2009 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Im a 4th year Computer Science student I was just looking to into masters courses in network engineering but I am only able to find two in the hole of Ireland.

Computer Science (Networks and Distributed Systems) in TCD

and

Applied Science (Software Development for Computer Networks) in UCC

I have seen a few in the UK as well but if I stay in Ireland my fees would be funded by the government.

Anyone know of any more?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 261 ✭✭blucey

take the best course you can wherever it is. If its a good course, its worth the money. If its not, then being free is irrelevant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

What area of networking are you interested in ? would you consider doing a msc by research?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭dazzday

The telecommunications engineering masters in DCU offers a wide variety of modules on server development etc, no harm looking into it.
    Starts in Febuary too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

I'm in the NDS course in TCD, and there's very little on the "Network Engineering" side of things: there's a networks course and a management of networks (snmp etc) course, but nothing practical, which is what I suspect you're after.

Advertisement