Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are Liverpool ( and Rafa ) done? *Haters Gonna Hate

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Wayne Bridge, a chelsea back up player, cost 14m, again Johnson is a far superior player.

Watched Wayne Bridge much this season out of curiosity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i've probably seen about 4or 5 City games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

i've probably seen about 4or 5 City games.

And you still think Johnson is far superior? Fair enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ill settle this

Bridge from what iv seen is equal with Glen

Headshot wrote: »
    ill settle this

Bridge from what iv seen is equal with Glen

6 years older too. slightly better defensively perhaps (just to humour the people who like to say glen has been poor defensively this term), but not in the same galaxy attacking wise (which like it or lump it, is vital for a modern fullback)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

bridge is 4 years older Alan,
    from what I've seen of both and it's plenty Johnson is the better footballer both are good, Johnson would edge it for me.

Going forward it's quite stark in 274 league games Bridge has scored 3 goals, in 156 league gamesJohnson has scored 9. Neither exactly profilic or anything but they're very different and johnson offers more going forward.

apologies about the age thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

So...

Yeah, Rafa definitely has to go. What about Telly Venables?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

So...

Yeah, Rafa definitely has to go. What about Telly Venables?

SAF?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

LOL, lock please.

• Advertisement

Are United (and Fergie) done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Are United (and Fergie) done?

No, please direct your attention to exhibit A:

94367.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

K-9 wrote: »
    SAF?

:D

Dave! wrote: »
    No, please direct your attention to exhibit A:

94367.jpg

Computer says no...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Fergie should go - what was he doing picking scholes? and putting Owen on? was only done to irate scousers

bad decison making - Fergie to go, he's losing the plot

john47832 wrote: »
    Fergie should go - what was he doing picking scholes? and putting Owen on? was only done to irate scousers

Hahahahaha. I was obviously joking with my jibe but are you being serious? If so brilliant. Let the games begin (in a thread about Liverpool and Rafa as well)

Hahahahaha. I was obviously joking with my jibe but are you being serious? If so brilliant. Let the games begin (in a thread about Liverpool and Rafa)

I'm, deadly serious - Ive a grandad with alzheimers and he could have picked a better team for the occasion - this was never gonna be a game for the likes of Berbatov and Scholes - Giggs is only good for crossing a ball these days, and Utd have no height in attack!!

Thanks Alex - you made Rafa look far superior, and even your midfield made Lucas look half decent!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

I'm, deadly serious - Ive a grandad with alzheimers and he could have picked a better team for the occasion - this was never gonna be a game for the likes of Berbatov and Scholes - Giggs is only good for crossing a ball these days, and Utd have no height in attack!!

Thanks Alex - you made Rafa look far superior, and even your midfield made Lucas look half decent!!
    Out. Seriously.

Theres the door ->

Ferguson should go???

Are you mentally retarded?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I'm, deadly serious - Ive a grandad with alzheimers and he could have picked a better team for the occasion -

I suppose he'd have picked Best Charlton and Law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

and even your midfield made Lucas look half decent!!

i vote no more lucas bashing. especially today, ffs.

and fergie leaving?

that's hilarious, if you're serious. which i suspect you're not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

The Muppet wrote: »
    I suppose he'd have picked Best Charlton and Law.

LOUL, brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

you have either had too much to drink or else you are a Liverpool fan, the only change I might have made to the team would be to start Anderson instead of Scholes

as for Rafa, I dont think he will win the Premiership for Liverpool, the squad he has put together isnt good enough

no alcohol consumed today and all faculties are functioning at full spec - now can ferguson claim the same? I doubt it very much

first sign of downhill run - when utd lose he wont do interview, he sends out that dude with the sunbed tan

second sign - the whiskey nose is getting bigger and redder by the month

third sign - losing ronaldo and getting rid of tevez

i could go on... im just trying to point out that this is the start of the end

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

no alcohol consumed today and all faculties are functioning at full spec - now can ferguson claim the same? I doubt it very much

first sign of downhill run - when utd lose he wont do interview, he sends out that dude with the sunbed tan

Ferguson did do the interview today and as for losing Ronaldo he obviously tried to keep him but Ronaldo was going and that was that so there wasnt much he could do and Tevez isnt worth the money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Best kneejerk reaction ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Fergie for the sack?

As a Liverpool fan I'm counting down the days to his retirement. He will be harder to replace then any player United have ever had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thats certainly true, who will fill that void? It'll be a soap opera in itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭cantgetright

in rafa we trust..
    just get rid of masch in jan and start building for nxt season. i think utd was poor today and fergie wont go till he wins the league again..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Villa fan here, not looking at opening a Man U / Liverpool debate. But - whats your opinions on Liverpool's current situation? I personally believe 1) they ARE a 2 man team 2) they have overperformed the past 2 seasons 3 ) Rafa is too stubborn and is a key reason they are where they are now and 4) they will be 6th this year. So far already Villa, Spurs, Chelsea and Sunderland have beat them, and the challengers to the big 4 already have points and arguably the more difficult games behind them. What dya reckon?
    I think after todays win, Rafa is safe for another season. Not many teams have beaten United in three consecutive league games. And I reckon Pool will finish top four no problem. But obviously we want to win the league!

• Advertisement

I think after todays win, Rafa is safe for another season. Not many teams have beaten United in three consecutive league games. And I reckon Pool will finish top four no problem. But obviously we want to win the league!

I think the yanks would place more importance on staying in Europe than beating united 3 times in a row. Rafa's job didin't hinge on todays performance good or bad.

If Liverpools form doesn't improve and if they don't go through to the next round in the CL Rafa will be on a very sticky wicket particulaly if the fans turn as we saw signs of in the last european game. The only remaining question then will be can they afford to offload him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

in rafa we trust..
    just get rid of masch in jan and start building for nxt season. i think utd was poor today and fergie wont go till he wins the league again..

yeah, he was rubbish yesterday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

Masch wants to leave, so he will leave. Not in Jan, but maybe in the summer. We will get a price for him, but it will be hard to find a replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

mike65 wrote: »
    Thats certainly true, who will fill that void? It'll be a soap opera in itself.

My vote would be for Gary Neville.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I think the yanks would place more importance on staying in Europe than beating united 3 times in a row. Rafa's job didin't hinge on todays performance good or bad.

If Liverpools form doesn't improve and if they don't go through to the next round in the CL Rafa will be on a very sticky wicket particulaly if the fans turn as we saw signs of in the last european game. The only remaining question then will be can they afford to offload him.

if the yanks listened to the liverpool fans they themselves would be gone 2 years ago ;)

rossie1977 wrote: »
    if the yanks listened to the liverpool fans they themselves would be gone 2 years ago ;)

if the yanks did not listened to the liverpool fans Rafa would be gone 2 years ago and klinsman would have taken his job;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Well the thinking is if Rafa goes, Torres goes with him. And as was remarked on RTE last night when ever he gets into trouble, Rafa always seems to be able to turn it around

Rafa will be on a very sticky wicket particulaly if the fans turn as we saw signs of in the last european game.

the fans aren't near turning on him.

they boo'd a substitution he made in the last game against Lyon because Yossi is a very popular player & Voronin is not. It wasn't a new thing, its happened a few times in the last number of years, doesn't mean the fans have turned on Rafa.

:confused:

do you speak for all liverpool fans ?

no, but i am far more familiar with what Liverpool fans are feeling towards Rafa than yourself or Muppet :rolleyes:

as evidenced by the fact that wat, 2 Liverpool fans on this forum have turned on him? the rest are still behind him.

no, but i am far more familiar with what Liverpool fans are feeling towards Rafa than yourself or Muppet :rolleyes:

as evidenced by the fact that wat, 2 Liverpool fans on this forum have turned on him? the rest are still behind him.

pttf

maybe you should leave your computer and go out side and talk to liverpool fans

• Advertisement

lol, the irony is delicious.

Rafas name was sung long & loud the other night against Lyon & yesterday at the match.

you're obviously a little angry after yesterdays result, so i'll cut you some slack.

lol, the irony is delicious.

Rafas name was sung long & loud the other night against Lyon & yesterday at the match.

you're obviously a little angry after yesterdays result, so i'll cut you some slack.

lol @ you

you honestly think your a spokes person for liverpool fans

got to love that

get off your high horse alan

wat are you talking about young man?

muppet said the Liverpool fans are turning on Rafa, i said they aren't, as evidenced by the general feeling of Liverpool fans on this forum, other forums & at the match.

you said i can't say that cause i'm not a spokesperson for the Liverpool fans around here, as if ****ing you & Muppet are?!

the main people pissing & moaning about Rafa in all these anti Rafa threads is Utd fans. says it all really.

wat are you talking about young man?

muppet said the Liverpool fans are turning on Rafa, i said they aren't, as evidenced by the general feeling of Liverpool fans on this forum, other forums & at the match.

you said i can't say that cause i'm not a spokesperson for the Liverpool fans around here, as if ****ing you & Muppet are?!

the main people pissing & moaning about Rafa in all these anti Rafa threads is Utd fans. says it all really.

lol

why would utd fans be moaning about Rafa, we ****ing love that man.
    krap an all

so you honestly think that booing the other night wasnt directed at rafa
    how ignorant are you, anything to defend rafa ehh
    I didnt make the sweeping statement
    I dont pretend to be a spokeperson for liverpool fans unlike yourself.

Only Ronnie Wheelan thinks Liverpool fans are, en masse, turning agin the Rafanator. We are not, we might get teed off now and again but there is a big difference between that and wanting him out.

mike65 wrote: »
    Only Ronnie Wheelan thinks Liverpool fans are, en masse, turning agin the Rafanator. We are not, we might get teed off now and again but there is a big difference between that and wanting him out.

"we are not"

mike you may not be turning against rafa but some are

Some never wanted him, some "turned" on him about 3 years ago. Some hate him for always playing Kuyt. So what? A managers popularity (God help us) ebbs and flows the "casuals" being those who change their minds the most. Its irrelevant really.

so you honestly think that booing the other night wasnt directed at rafa
    how ignorant are you, anything to defend rafa ehh

did you not read what i said?! it was directed at Rafa, for the sub he made. that does not mean the fans are turning against him. there was a couple of times over the last couple of years when substitutions have been boo'd by the crowd, means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

i seem to remember Fergie having a sub boo'd at OT last year when it involved Tevez, have the fans turned on Fergie?
    I dont pretend to be a spokeperson for liverpool fans unlike yourself.

show me one instance where i claimed to, or pretended to be that. or stfu.

did you not read what i said?! it was directed at Rafa, for the sub he made. that does not mean the fans are turning against him. there was a couple of times over the last couple of years when substitutions have been boo'd by the crowd, means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

i seem to remember Fergie having a sub boo'd at OT last year when it involved Tevez, have the fans turned on Fergie?

they were right to boo saf, because he made a mistake, last time i looked this was a liverpool and rafa thread btw and why would they turn on saf :D

show me one instance where i claimed to, or pretended to be that. or stfu.
    the fans aren't near turning on him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

All my mates that are Utd fans always say "Rafa is a joke" "He has to go" etc etc. So assuming he is a terrible manager, and is holding Liverpool back year on year, then why would Utd fans want us to sack him? Surely by this logic we would just kick on and win the league with another manager at your expense?

Simply put I think that under Benitez despite his shortcomings, of which he has a few I will admit, we are hard to beat and we always look likely to turn over a top side like Utd even when we are supposedly in a bad way. I think we have one of the best managers in Europe and I think we would be royally screwed without him tbh.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement