Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are Liverpool ( and Rafa ) done? *Haters Gonna Hate

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

ok headshot, so stating the truth is now = thinking your the spokesperson for something.

gotchya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Mr Alan wrote: »
    ok headshot, so stating the truth is now = thinking your the spokesperson for something.

gotchya

stating the truth :D

see you cant get it through your head is that what you believe isnt the same as other liverpool fans
    I know plenty of liverpool fans that aren't happy with rafa because I fear the elements of the outside world and talk to opposing fans.

you seem intent with making this personal headshot? wats with that?

you seem intent with making this personal headshot? wats with that?

:confused:

just a healthy debate/discussion

i dont know why you think im making this personal ?

Headshot wrote: »

just a healthy debate/discussion

You're upsetting Al Headshot. Leave it out :);)

how ignorant are you
    I dont pretend to be a spokeperson for liverpool fans unlike yourself.
    maybe you should leave your computer and go out side and talk to liverpool fans

that make it clear?

You're upsetting Al Headshot. Leave it out :);)

i know, I didnt mean to upset him
    that make it clear?

that's not personal mate at all. :)

nice change of the topic ;):D

maybe just have a tad bit more respect for other users then.

change of topic?

the topic was nonsense, Liverpool fans are still behind Rafa, this is a point that can't be argued against. you may know someone who isn't, and i may know Ronnie Whelan isn't etc, but i also know people who stopped supporting Utd because of Ferguson, doesnt mean that Utd fans aren't behind ferguson.

if a poll was started here, i'd hazard a guess that it'd be 90%+ of Liverpool fans still behind Rafa.

maybe just have a tad bit more respect for other users then.

change of topic?

the topic was nonsense, Liverpool fans are still behind Rafa, this is a point that can't be argued against. you may know someone who isn't, and i may know Ronnie Whelan isn't etc, but i also know people who stopped supporting Utd because of Ferguson, doesnt mean that Utd fans aren't behind ferguson.

if a poll was started here, i'd hazard a guess that it'd be 90%+ of Liverpool fans still behind Rafa.

Alan. glass houses and that.

the topic isnt nonsense, you must think its a serious discussion since your the one who replied to The Muppet's post in the first place.

see now your changing your stance, before it was
    the fans aren't near turning on him
    now it's 90%+, bloody hell how can we have a serious discussion if you keep changing your stance.

• Advertisement

90%+ is not near turning on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

zzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Dave! wrote: »
    zzzzzzzzzzzz

Agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

90%+ is not near turning on him.

wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Jesus ****ing christ Headshot, what are you trying to achieve with this pedantic bull****. As far as Alan knows, the majority of Liverpool fans are behind Rafa. He maybe didn't make that clear enough for your pedantic little self. The greatest irony of all is you claiming that you know what 90% of Liverpool fans want or feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Heatshot is demob happy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I can't believe there's nearly 700 posts in a thread to which the answer always was a very simple 'NO'.

Jesus ****ing christ Headshot, what are you trying to achieve with this pedantic bull****. As far as Alan knows, the majority of Liverpool fans are behind Rafa. He maybe didn't make that clear enough for your pedantic little self. The greatest irony of all is you claiming that you know what 90% of Liverpool fans want or feel.

jebus you like the word pedantic dont ya

but how does Alan know liverpool fans back Rafa, thats what im getting at, he made out like he speaks for all liverpool fans and then back tracks saying 90% backs rafa.

where did I say I know where 90% of liverpool fans want or feel, I just gave a clear example of liverpool fans I know are fed up of rafa

btw take a deep breath and relax, you seem to be very upset

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

You're talking through your hoop Headshot, step away from the computer.....

Probably cos this whole thread has been based on a false pretext. The worst of message board nonsense to be honest. Liverpool are no more done than Utd, just 4 points better off despite everything, Rafa was never a gonner and he still has the backing the majority by some distance, if that was not the case you'd actually know it.

Dave! wrote: »
    You're talking through your hoop Headshot, step away from the computer.....

I think you should mind your own business

im just having a discussion here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Unless the Liverpool fans on this forum, on RAWK and countless other liverpool websites are completely unrepresentative of Liverpool fans then the i'd say 90% supporting him is fairly accurate.

Even Liverpool fans i know who don't like his signings, his tactics or almost anything about him usually concede that there is no one better who could realistically take the job and do better.

mike65 wrote: »
    Probably cos this whole thread has been based on a false pretext. The worst of message board nonsense to be honest. Liverpool are no more done than Utd, just 4 points better off despite everything, Rafa was never a gonner and he still has the backing the majority by some distance, if that was not the case you'd actually know it.

no more done than utd ?

maybe in the league but in europe ye are struggling alot and of course he could be a gonner if he doesnt make the next round of the CL, that's what I think anyway

More nonsense, did you get a bang on the head or are you just really sore after your side forgot to turns their clocks back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Good man Headshot, don't be worried about me though. Just spent a great weekend in London, watched my team beat United yesterday and went to the American Football in the New Wembley Stadium last night. I am current sitting in first class on a train to Canterbury and don't have a worry in the world. If you want to keep arguing complete nonsense, go right ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

A good rule of thumb is to ignore 'down the pub' type fans. The vast majority of the crowd at Anfield, fans of the club in Liverpool itself, and those who invest a few quid following the team about the place each year remain solidly behind his management. Those who really understand the club know that Rafa is far and away from being the most pressing problem it faces at this time. The owners and their lack of finances are who need to be replaced.

This thread, and the noise in the print, television and radio media over the past couple of weeks is very much off the mark. At this stage, Benitez has a position within the club that could not be eroded by any short term run of results. The idea that a defeat yesterday would have consigned him to the sack was / is ridiculous beyond belief.

mike65 wrote: »
    More nonsense, did you get a bang on the head or are you just really sore after your side forgot to turns their clocks back?
    so you honest think if he doesnt make the next round of the CL he'll still have the support of fans and more importantly the owners
    Good man Headshot, don't be worried about me though. Just spent a great weekend in London, watched my team beat United yesterday and went to the American Football in the New Wembley Stadium last night. I am current sitting in first class on a train to Canterbury and don't have a worry in the world. If you want to keep arguing complete nonsense, go right ahead.

that's great to hear jesus, I was worried for ya after your previous outburst
    I thought i upset ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

wat are you talking about young man?

muppet said the Liverpool fans are turning on Rafa, i said they aren't, as evidenced by the general feeling of Liverpool fans on this forum, other forums & at the match.

Jeez AL I wish you'd stop mis intrepereting my posts. I said the booing was a sign of the fans turning which it is imo.Thats not the same as saying they have all turned on him ,which many have not.

I have many good friend who are die hard match attending liverpool fans and some (not all) of them think Rafa has not delivered as much as he should have with the resources he has had at his disposal.

Personally I hope he stays.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

confidence can shake at times, as i myself have exhibited during this past week, and you never know what's going to happen next in football.

but at this moment he has my backing, and I suspect the vast majority of others' too.

the progress sometimes isn't as fast as people would ideally want, such is our impatience, but he still deserves our backing.

the booing the sub was a sign the fans think Voronin is ****e & didnt want Rafa to put him on.

as i said, its happened at least once a season for the last 3 seasons.

presumably it was a sign the fans at OT are turning on Fergie when they booed a sub he made at the end of last season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

the booing the sub was a sign the fans think Voronin is ****e & didnt want Rafa to put him on.

as i said, its happened at least once a season for the last 3 seasons.

presumably it was a sign the fans at OT are turning on Fergie when they booed a sub he made at the end of last season?

i don't think any united fan could/should turn on fergie, the heights he brought them too have assured his place as a legend of the game and the club, he has built many championship winning sides for utd, and they have consistenly challenged for every title since the inception of the P.L.

• Advertisement

Thats true but if you folllow that through it means they are unhappy with the manager decision to buy the player, take him back from loan and play him. That dissent/dissatisfaction will build unless results and performances improve and will give the yanks the encouragement to do what they wanted to do years ago.

I don't expect many livepool fans to agree that their managers days are numbered. It was the very same here when Houlier was replaced, many pool fans defended him to the end, look what many of them say about him now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Well the thinking is if Rafa goes, Torres goes with him. And as was remarked on RTE last night when ever he gets into trouble, Rafa always seems to be able to turn it around
    And you can back this up with a source or it's just emmm thinking.

there is no doubt that Liverpool fans dont want Voronin at the club, but having him is indicative of the situation the club is in financially.

wat you are saying is very different than them starting to turn on Rafa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

The Muppet wrote: »
    Thats true but if you folllow that through it means they are unhappy with the manager decision to buy the player, take him back from loan and play him.

Voronin wasn't bought as such, Benitez took a punt on a good Bundesliga player, and signed him on a free transfer. hasn't worked out but thems the breaks.

I dont know am mistaken here but werent hertha interested in Voronin but liverpool were asking too much ?

they could only afford him if they got CL, which they didnt.

they could only afford a couple of mill for him without the CL football, worth us keeping him if we could only get that amount tbh.

there is no doubt that Liverpool fans dont want Voronin at the club, but having him is indicative of the situation the club is in financially.

wat you are saying is very different than them starting to turn on Rafa.

Al the financial argument is a smokescren to cove Rafa's failings in the transfer market. I know you don't agree with me on that but i think the yanks know that Rafa has been well supported . That's why purslow made the statement he did earlier this season. Remember the yanks felt it necessary to give Rafa the dreaded public vote of confidence yesterday.

ok muppet, the financial thing is a smoke screen :rolleyes: Liverpool are minted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Al the financial argument is a smokescren to cove Rafa's failings in the transfer market. I know you don't agree with me on that but i think the yanks know that Rafa has been well supported . That's why purslow made the statement he did earlier this season. Remember the yanks felt it necessary to give Rafa the dreaded public vote of confidence yesterday.
    :eek: Surely on a fishing trip

• Advertisement

they could only afford him if they got CL, which they didnt.

they could only afford a couple of mill for him without the CL football, worth us keeping him if we could only get that amount tbh.

so a couple of million and have some one off the wage bill, so is it really worth keeping him ?
    like Ngog got a game ahead of Voronin yesterday, what does that say about Voronin ?

it says that Ngog is more suited to playing up top on his own,and has impressed in his limited opportunities this season so far-the later of which Rafa couldnt have known in the summer.

having Voronin is better than having no one at the moment, if Ngog continues maybe we'll get shot of Voronin in Jan. hopefully we'll have some investment at that point and can get better quality back up players than Voro.

it says that Ngog is more suited to playing up top on his own,and has impressed in his limited opportunities this season so far-the later of which Rafa couldnt have known in the summer.

having Voronin is better than having no one at the moment, if Ngog continues maybe we'll get shot of Voronin in Jan. hopefully we'll have some investment at that point and can get better quality back up players than Voro.

couldnt babel do the same job as Voronin.

nah, babel cant play in the hole like voronin can.

nah, babel cant play in the hole like voronin can.

I dont think ye need cover for that type of player Alan

ye have benni and gerrard already

i think we do need cover, tis better to have him than to have no one. you disagree, fair enough, lets agree to disagree.

• Advertisement

ok muppet, the financial thing is a smoke screen :rolleyes: Liverpool are minted.

There's never any middle ground with you Al is there?

No they are not minted in comparison to Man City and Chelsea but they have spent more money on players over the last six years than any other team in the premiership so Rafa has not been financially restrained as you say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

No they are not minted in comparison to Man City and Chelsea but they have spent more money on players over the last six years than any other team in the premiership so Rafa has not been financially restrained as you say.

good grief.

i'm sorry Muppet, but please leave it.

you know what the money situation is. you know what our net spend is. he's not perfect in the transfer market, who is? he's better than most in it, and again, deep down, you know that too.

he is more financially restrained than many clubs in the Premier League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

There's never any middle ground with you Al is there?

Do you not get it that most of those transfers where funded from the sales of other players.

Fromvert wrote: »
    Do you not get it that most of those transfers where funded from the sales of other players.

And how was the initial purchase of the players who were sold funded?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

And how was the initial purchase of the players who were sold funded?

You can go and look yourself if you really want to know. This forum is full of the info. I'm not getting dragged into another transfer debate.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement