Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are Liverpool ( and Rafa ) done? *Haters Gonna Hate

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

kida wrote: »
    at this stage
    What would a succesful season for pool be?
    What would need to happen for Rafa to be sacked? Talk of 3 more games.

In my eyes a successful season at this point would be to get back into the title race and stay in it until May. Some silverware would be a nice extra onto that.

An adequate one would be getting the fourth place spot and getting some silverware.

As for what it would take for him to be sacked? Well unless the current trend of having lost 50% of games played continues or an even worse collapse happens, I cannot see his position being under threat until the final league placings are known in May.

If the team finish fifth or worse and no cups get won, then I think that will be the tipping point. Having said that, I don't think that will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭Ardent

6 seasons without a title. Not sure why some Liverpool fans believe this guy is capable of delivering an English league title.

If he does get pushed, I'd be happy with either Hiddink or Capello as replacements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Ardent wrote: »
    6 seasons without a title. Not sure why some Liverpool fans believe this guy is capable of delivering an English league title.

If he does get pushed, I'd be happy with either Hiddink or Capello as replacements.

Or Rijkaard??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Hiddink couldn't be convinced to stay at Chelsea by his mate Roman. He'll not come to Liverpool.
    Why would Capello leave England to manage Liverpool?

Give me some realism

Or Rijkaard??

No.
    He’ll not have Messi, Xavi, Ronaldinho, Iniesta and Eto’o when he comes here.
    I don’t rate him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Why would Capello leave England to manage Liverpool?

plus he's said England's his last job.

Rijkaard is as ridiculous a wish as the Klinsmann one was for Hicks and Gillett.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

where the fcuk would the club get money for them??? two of the most expensive managers in world football.:rolleyes:

If he goes we will get klinsman or someone of that level.

WE HAVE NO MONEY.

I asked this on the other thread. Could you answer them Ardent?
    Bearing in mind that Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho, Capello and Hiddink are all disqualifieddue to this being the real world.

"
    1. Who would you have manage us instead?
    2. What track-record do they have of assembling better squads than we have, on the budget we have?
    3. What track record do they have of winning major competitions?
    4. Are they a realistic appointment? Both from a footballing and financial perspective.
    5. Can you see them winning the PL with us given that we have probably the 4th/5th highest spending power in the league and the 5th highest wage bill
    That’s something I rarely hear put forward.
    Because you can dissent all you like, but you have to have a viable alternative"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

What I took from Eamon Dunphy's column today;

• We're going to end up like Leeds.
    • That if you take the top two players out of Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U they go from being magnificent to good teams. But if you take the top two out of Liverpool, they go from being a decent team to being distinctly ordinary.
    The man never fails to out do himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

LZ5by5 wrote: »

• That if you take the top two players out of Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U they go from being magnificent to good teams. But if you take the top two out of Liverpool, they go from being a decent team to being distinctly ordinary.

him and whelan are my hero's atm

three weeks ago he wrote United out of the title race and said it was between Arsenal and Chelsea. Suddenly United are magnificent again. Even without Rooney and Vidic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭Ardent

But if you take the top two out of Liverpool, they go from being a decent team to being distinctly ordinary.

He's right about this though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Is he? How good are Arsenal without Fabregas and Van Persie ?

Liverpool could do with another top class striker, but I think below is far from an 'ordinary' team. Also, everyone seems to forget that Liverpool have done better than Arsenal over the past five years and done better than Arsenal and Chelsea last year. They arent suddenly an awful team because they are going through a bad patch. Lets not forget, they currently have 12 injuries.

Reina

Johnson---Carra--Agger----Aurelio

Masch--Aquilani

----Kuyt
    Yossi
    Riera

N'Gog

Tusky wrote: »
    Is he? How good are Arsenal without Fabregas and Van Persie ?

Liverpool could do with another top class striker, but I think below is far from an 'ordinary' team.

Reina

Johnson---Carra--Agger----Aurelio

Masch--Aquilani

----Kuyt
    Yossi
    Riera

N'Gog

Tusky you have no idea about Aquilani so I think it's not right putting him in that team to justify your point

Headshot wrote: »
    Tusky you have no idea about Aquilani so I think it's not right putting him in that team to justify your point

you can't assume nobody has seen the lad play even if you haven't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

86points without both players for long stretches last year.

Dont I ? The lad is 25, I have seen him play plenty of times for Roma. He is a top class player and definitely part of our best 11. People talk about him like hes some sort of unknown teenager.

The only thing we dont know about him, is how he will settle to English football. But that doesnt change the fact that hes a great player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

you can't assume nobody has seen the lad play even if you haven't

We don't have to assume anything, he hasn't played in the Premiership which will be totally different to the style of football anyone has seen him play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

The Muppet wrote: »
    We don't have to assume anything, he hasn't played in the Premiership which will be totally different to the style of football anyone has seen him play.

Correct.

exactly mate

prime example is veron

• Advertisement

Kaka has never played in the premier league, would you assume he is no good until he proved himself ? Im not saying Aquilani is as good as Kaka, just using him to prove a point.

Most top class players manage to settle in just fine. Its rare enough for someone of genuine quality to fail to adapt.

Anyway, all I was saying is that he will be in our starting 11. Im pretty damn confident he will be better than Lucas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Tusky wrote: »

The only thing we dont know about him, is how he will settle to English football. But that doesnt change the fact that hes a great player.

The only thing?

isn't this like the ONLY IMPORTANT thing that matters???

crikey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    86points without both players for long stretches last year.

In a league season like no other, Chelsea and Arsnenal were out of the race by February and United's only real competition were the 'pool. this made it Uniteds easiest league win of all their EPL wins.

Same again please, I would take that EVERY season thank you very much.

In a league season like no other, Chelsea and Arsnenal were out of the race by February and United's only real competition were the 'pool. this made it Uniteds easiest league win of all their EPL wins.

Same again please, I would take that EVERY season thank you very much.

How were Chelsea out of the race by Febuary? They were ahead of Liverpool in the table in Febuary, the same Liverpool you said was United's only threat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

in fairness, i don't think Daveyboys post was meant as anything other than childish nonsense.

reading it as more than that was your first mistake! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

So the Pool are out of contention for the league, struggling in the Champions League, and we're only into November. Looks like my original analysis was correct, yet I received a ban for it... :confused:

So the Pool are out of contention for the league, struggling in the Champions League, and we're only into November. Looks like my original analysis was correct, yet I received a ban for it... :confused:

You were banned for shoddy work Agent Johnny Utah. The Ex-Presidents were not brought to justice. Bodhi was let go into the water in Australia when you finally did catch up with him, and you never got Rosie at all, so the money was never recovered.

Plus your superior, Ben Harp, had to change his name to Doctor Cox, and go work in a hospital.

You are a disgrace to the FBI, UTAH. :mad:

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Just thought I'd bump this thread for ease of reference for the haters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

You don't have to hate Pool or Rafa to say they are done this season, what is 6 losses and 1 draw and 1 win in 8 games. The loss of Revenue if they don't qualify from the Champions league could be a real issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

LOL I was about to kick off that it had been bumped but you're right. This is playground for the haters at these stage. Leave them to it. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

.o>

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Villain wrote: »
    You don't have to hate Pool or Rafa to say they are done this season, what is 6 losses and 1 draw and 1 win in 8 games. The loss of Revenue if they don't qualify from the Champions league could be a real issue

Big time it could hit them hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

mike65 wrote: »
    LOL I was about to kick off that it had been bumped but you're right. This is playground for the haters at these stage. Leave them to it. ;)
    Thats bull Mike, Rafa and the Pool look very much like they are not going to compete for anything this season. Branding ppl saying they are done as haters is like saying anyone who thinks they are not are blinded fans. Its a fair discussion and with every game they drop points it becomes even more topical

worse run for 50yrs bloody hell

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Not surprise to be honest, always felt they would find it tough this season.

But, but, who's better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Massive month now for Liverpool.

Monday, 9 November 2009
    Barclays Premier League
    Liverpool v Birmingham, 20:00

Saturday, 21 November 2009
    Barclays Premier League
    Liverpool v Man City, 12:45

Tuesday, 24 November 2009
    Uefa Champions League
    Debrecen v Liverpool, Gp E, 19:45

Sunday, 29 November 2009
    Barclays Premier League
    Everton v Liverpool, 13:30

If Liverpool fail to beat Birmingham will Rafa be packing his bags?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

If Liverpool fail to beat Birmingham will Rafa be packing his bags?

It seems the same question is asked before every game they play lately.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Well a non victory against Birmingham on monday night would be hard to explain......especially with me in the stadium.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

What the heck does Rafa be writing in his notebook? I have a feeling he's doing a Jack Nicholson job ala "The Shining"...

"I hate Mr.Ferguson, I hate Mr.Ferguson,I hate Mr.Ferguson, I hate Mr.Ferguson, I hate Mr.Ferguson, I hate Mr.Ferguson".

I'm not sure he should go, but he should at least get someone in to help him with his transfers... too many mediocre purchases over the years & a serious amount of money down the pan. Either that, or seriously improve the youth academy - how many players have come through from it in the last 5 years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

lol @ this thread being bumped after every Liverpool match !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Dave! wrote: »

I'd say the tone was a wee bit different though after they duped United!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I hope Rafa stays, he will NEVER win the premiership with Liverpool with always having his eyes on the Champions league. With Man Utd stuttering in the prem so far i believe their in a bit of a false position there and its gotta be down to ourselves (Arsenal) and Chelsea.

You cant depend on the same 2 or 3 players every week, it will never work with injuries and suspensious and whatnot. Arsenal did it for a long time wit Henry and the minute he was crocked we were all over the place.

Vorinin, N'Gog - Useless! The rest need to try harder, Gerrard, Torres and Benayoun are absolutely class players would love any of them in my team but at what point are they going to look at themselves and see they wont win leagues with Rafa and move on, especially Torres, theres a constant lure for him to go back to Spain, he might just go at the end of the season if he thinks he is wasting his time in Liverpool.

Liverpool are 99% sure of going out of the Champions league now, its a possibility they mightnt make it next year, thats spells real trouble.

Delighted, hope Rafa has many more years at Liverpool.

Dave! wrote: »

But sure if they keep having **** results...?! What one good result in 7 now is it? Of course its gonna be bumped.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

FearDark wrote: »
    I hope Rafa stays, he will NEVER win the premiership with Liverpool with always having his eyes on the Champions league. With Man Utd stuttering in the prem so far i believe their in a bit of a false position there and its gotta be down to ourselves (Arsenal) and Chelsea.

You cant depend on the same 2 or 3 players every week, it will never work with injuries and suspensious and whatnot. Arsenal did it for a long time wit Henry and the minute he was crocked we were all over the place.

Vorinin, N'Gog - Useless! The rest need to try harder, Gerrard, Torres and Benayoun are absolutely class players would love any of them in my team but at what point are they going to look at themselves and see they wont win leagues with Rafa and move on, especially Torres, theres a constant lure for him to go back to Spain, he might just go at the end of the season if he thinks he is wasting his time in Liverpool.

Liverpool are 99% sure of going out of the Champions league now, its a possibility they mightnt make it next year, thats spells real trouble.

Delighted, hope Rafa has many more years at Liverpool.

99% you think it's a 99% certainty that Lyon will lose, that's a fairly strong some would say ridiculous opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Crisis time at the pool....:pac:

Without CL football Pool are fubared, they have been living off that for years.

Leeching off it even....

I cant for the life of me understand why raffa is held in such high esteem by reds fans. Pool are way off the pace of winning a league, and their squad is as bad as it ever was.

But whatever floats your boat....

mayordenis wrote: »
    99% you think it's a 99% certainty that Lyon will lose, that's a fairly strong some would say ridiculous opinion.

Oh I'm sorry, do you want me to work out the actual percentage for you, Im not paddy ****ing power work it out for yourself heres the table
    http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/standings/index.html
    and im sure youve got a ****ing calculator.

Crisis time at the pool....:pac:

Without CL football Pool are fubared, they have been living off that for years.

Leeching off it even....

I cant for the life of me understand why raffa is held in such high esteem by reds fans. Pool are way off the pace of winning a league, and their squad is as bad as it ever was.

But whatever floats your boat....

cl 5 years ago and a few back to back united wins.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

ntlbell wrote: »
    cl 5 years ago and a few back to back united wins.

According to what Liverpool fans? A laughable summary! But I expect no less, good man :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I'd say Liverpool will be fine because they are insanely lucky in Europe but if they do get knocked out it has to be curtains for Rafa IMO. He's not going to win them the league this year and he risks getting them out of the CL next year what with increased competition from City

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement