Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are Liverpool ( and Rafa ) done? *Haters Gonna Hate

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Ush1 wrote: »
    Haha, that's the fact as you said it in a thread dominated by Liverpool fans?:rolleyes:

This transcends fandom. Nobody would in world football would prefer Benzema in their team over Torres unless they are Karim's friends or something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Archimedes wrote: »
    So, you believe that Liverpool and Rafa are done then?
    You know what I meant, but your reply proves that your just here to talk crap and point and laugh at Liverpool too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

noodler wrote: »
    This transcends fandom. Nobody would in world football would prefer Benzema in their team over Torres unless they are Karim's friends or something.

What are you talking about? You have proof of this do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

CHD wrote: »
    You know what I meant, but your reply proves that your just here to talk crap and point and laugh at Liverpool too.

you're the one avoiding the thread topic and attacking people because you dont like who they support.

Fuhrer wrote: »
    you're the one avoiding the thread topic and attacking people because you dont like who they support.
    I'm not bothered going into the thread topic because it is pointless. Liverpool are not done. Rafa is not going to be sacked. There is no better manager out there for Liverpool. Liverpool put a title charge together last year but before that they were just making up the top 4. Their season this year could very well end up as just that and they could pick up a cup on the way. Why isn't Wenger done? Been a while for them. Don't say he has no money to spend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

No, I dont know what you mean. You can save your "oh pedantics" BS and make yourself clearer in future if you want to avoid such questioning.

Im not here to point and laugh at Liverpool. Yes, as a Man Utd fan there is a part of me that is taking some enjoyment out of their current situation, but I agree with their views on their owner and how the majority of the blame lies at their feet. Its a position United might find ourselves in not too far away. But I disagree with the blinkered defence of Benitez. His transfer market activity has its fair share of faults.

There were plenty of United fans who were accepting of the fact that Fergie f*cked up in the transfer market plenty of times in the mid 2000's (Kleberson, Miller, Djemba Djemba, Veron, Taibi etc.) and more than willing to admit it and criticize him for it, even given what he has achieved at the club but because Benitez has come in and won a Champions League and a few half decent league finishes with the club, Liverpool fans think its blasphemous to speak ill of him.

"In Rafa We Trust" is all well and good as a show of loyalty but a bit of common sense goes a long way when you look at instances of his transfers, man management and tactical decisions.

But all that aside, if you dont like whats going on this thread, well then you know where Im going to tell you to go already ;)

The thread title need updating I think.

"Are Liverpool (And Rafa) done?" is Ann and Barry english.

What are you talking about? You have proof of this do you?

Jesus.

What is the point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

"In Rafa We Trust" is all well and good as a show of loyalty but a bit of common sense goes a long way when you look at instances of his transfers, man management and tactical decisions.

Find me ONE Liverpool fan who doesn’t think Rafa’s made plenty of bad buys, bad tactical decisions etc.
    Common sense is the very f*cking basis of our arguments for keeping him here.
    There are a handful of managers in Europe with a better pedigree than Benitez. Almost NONE of them are realistic appointments.
    So for me anyway, common sense dictates that we continue to trust in Benitez rather than gamble the future of the club on an up and coming manager or someone who’s never won the biggest leagues and cups. Because they are the type of managers we’d be appointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

No, I dont know what you mean. You can save your "oh pedantics" BS and make yourself clearer in future if you want to avoid such questioning.

Im not here to point and laugh at Liverpool. Yes, as a Man Utd fan there is a part of me that is taking some enjoyment out of their current situation, but I agree with their views on their owner and how the majority of the blame lies at their feet. Its a position United might find ourselves in not too far away. But I disagree with the blinkered defence of Benitez. His transfer market activity has its fair share of faults.

There were plenty of United fans who were accepting of the fact that Fergie f*cked up in the transfer market plenty of times in the mid 2000's (Kleberson, Miller, Djemba Djemba, Veron, Taibi etc.) and more than willing to admit it and criticize him for it, even given what he has achieved at the club but because Benitez has come in and won a Champions League and a few half decent league finishes with the club, Liverpool fans think its blasphemous to speak ill of him.

But all that aside, if you dont like whats going on this thread, well then you know where Im going to tell you to go already ;)

Some people have a blinkered view of Liverpool fans.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

So basically your saying your enjoying this, Rafa has made a few mistakes like Ferguson has in the past so your just here because Liverpool fans back Rafa and you want to lol at them.

You know where you should go ;)

Common sense is the very f*cking basis of our arguments for keeping him here.

I agree. If I were a Liverpool fan, I would keep Benitez at the club, but for the very fact that there are no better realistic options out there. In my opinion I think Rafa and Liverpool are "done" because he has taken Liverpool as far as he can, but there is no one available who could take them further. But like I said, I have never said he should be sacked or asked to quit. However, I would also say that those who are argueing that he should be sacked, while entitled to their opinion, should not be entertained. The same way Liverpool fans blindly defending Benitez should not be entertained. And there are plenty of both.

So basically your saying your enjoying this, Rafa has made a few mistakes like Ferguson has in the past so your just here because Liverpool fans back Rafa and you want to lol at them.

You know where you should go ;)

Im not lol'ing at Liverpool fans backing Rafa. The only point Ive made about Liverpool fans backing of Rafa in this thread is the silly valuations they have put on some of their players to gloss over his purchases. That's all I have pointed out. What have you contributed apart from thanks whoring?

It would be the same at any other of the top clubs if they were on a bad run of form, nothing special bout Liverpool. Everyone gets criticized.

Im not lol'ing at Liverpool fans backing Rafa. The only point Ive made about Liverpool fans backing of Rafa in this thread is the silly valuations they have put on some of their players to gloss over his purchases. That's all I have pointed out. What have you contributed apart from thanks whoring?
    I havn't thanks whored at all, just because 1 or 2 Liverpool fans agree with my slagging of United fans they thanked me. Why do you care? Does it hurt you?

United fans are guilty of the exact same thing. So is any fan. I agree with your valuations but do you really expect most pool fans to come out and agree with you. You won't change their minds either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

It would be the same at any other of the top clubs if they were on a bad run of form, nothing special bout Liverpool. Everyone gets criticized.

Look at Liverpool last season. They came very close to winning the league last year. High expectations were had for this season but have since diminished.

With high expectations comes a great deal of pressure. It was always gonna be hard for Liverpool to emulate last seasons form because of the players that were so instrumental for them last season that they let go and the early injuries to key players.

I think Rafa is still the man for Liverpool. I can't think of anyone else who Liverpool could afford to take the reigns.

I think it was Jamie Redknapp who said yesterday
    If Rafa was the right man at the end of last season then why isn't he the right man now?

I don't really agree with Jamie Redknapp a lot of the time but I thought this was a fair point.

United fans are guilty of the exact same thing. So is any fan. I agree with your valuations but do you really expect most pool fans to come out and agree with you. You won't change their minds either!

I know I wont change their minds, buts thats the beauty of a discussion forum - you both express your opinion, and if you dont like the other one, you disagree with it profusely, which is what I did with Mr. Alan and whatawaster's valuation.

For example, Alan's valuation of Dirk Kuyt. He came to Liverpool with a reputation as a clinical goalscorer - he had a high goals to games ratio at Feyenoord - and although he has had to change his style of play, he doesnt get anywhere near the amount of goals he was expected to get, he gets an average amount of assists and will never trouble a wing back with his pace or trickery. He does a good performance for where he is played given what abilities he has available, but nowhere near enough to double his price tag.

Glen Johnson - has done nothing to add to what was already generally agreed to be an inflated price tag. it would be fair to draw comparisons with Antonio Valencia - an infalted price tag and has done nothing to add to it, but whatawaster has decided Johnson ahs somehow added an extra few million to his value. I doubt you'd find many United fans arguing the same for Valencia.

I wont go into detail on all of the valuations I disagree with, but you accused me of coming in here just to poke fun at Liverpools recent failures, which I did not. I poked fun at certain fans' distorted valuations of their players to defend Benitez.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Look at Liverpool last season. They came very close to winning the league last year. High expectations were had for this season but have since diminished.

With high expectations comes a great deal of pressure. It was always gonna be hard for Liverpool to emulate last seasons form because of the players that were so instrumental for them last season that they let go and the early injuries to key players.

I think Rafa is still the man for Liverpool. I can't think of anyone else who Liverpool could afford to take the reigns.

I think it was Jamie Redknapp who said yesterday

I don't really agree with Jamie Redknapp a lot of the time but I thought this was a fair point.

Possibly is a fair point but football is a now game. I'm assuming Liverpools fans where optimistic about finishing 2nd last season with a view to winning the thing this year?

Rafa's gone backwards and sold in my opinion what was Liverpools best player in Alonso.

Possibly is a fair point but football is a now game. I'm assuming Liverpools fans where optimistic about finishing 2nd last season with a view to winning the thing this year?

Rafa's gone backwards and sold in my opinion what was Liverpools best player in Alonso.

Of course. Football is a results business and unfortunately for Rafa and Liverpool fans, results haven't really come this season.

Rafa will be given plenty of time. Sure he only signed a new contract a little while ago.

If the amount of money that Liverpool are in debt is to be believed then maybe Rafa had no choice but to sell Alonso to get some sort of transfer funds?
    I don't know much about Liverpool finances nor do I keep track of them so I'm open to correction there.

Aquilani, I'm assuming is Alonso's replacement. I've not seen enough of him to make a fair judgement but I've seen a few youtube clips of him and he looks decent. He may not emulate Alonso but I think, given time he will prove his worth.
    A lot of pressure on him because he now has to fulfill the role of Alonso.

Rafa needs to start him in the next game though I think. Keeping him on the bench and only bringing him on for the last 15 mins won't work imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Say for instance come next May and Liverpool dont win anything this season and finish outside of the top 4 would Liverpool fans want Rafa out then?

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    Of course. Football is a results business and unfortunately for Rafa and Liverpool fans, results haven't really come this season.

Rafa will be given plenty of time. Sure he only signed a new contract a little while ago.

If the amount of money that Liverpool are in debt is to be believed then maybe Rafa had no choice but to sell Alonso to get some sort of transfer funds?
    I don't know much about Liverpool finances nor do I keep track of them so I'm open to correction there.

Aquilani, I'm assuming is Alonso's replacement. I've not seen enough of him to make a fair judgement but I've seen a few youtube clips of him and he looks decent. He may not emulate Alonso but I think, given time he will prove his worth.
    A lot of pressure on him because he now has to fulfill the role of Alonso.

Rafa needs to start him in the next game though I think. Keeping him on the bench and only bringing him on for the last 15 mins won't work imo.

Well Alonso was hardly going to say no to Madrid especially after Rafa tried his best to sell him to Juventus the previous year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Benitez is the false dawn at anfield...

He looked good in earlier years (2004-2006) but it was basically gerrard houllier's side who won the champions league - benitez has bought but failed to deliver with 'his' squad.

Liverpool can keep him as long as they want - i don't think Chelsea, Utd or Arsenal will be fearing liverpool as a threat now, or in the near future.

Liverpool have one thing going for them and it's work rate. That's why they typically do well against the big glamour sides - because they break up play and run for 90 minutes.

When they meet sides who use the same tactics against them (men behind the ball, squeezing play, packing midfield), that's where they struggle as they're forced in to being creative to break teams down and they just can't do it.

When they do go in front, it's almost as if the players are wondering 'what do we do now?' - because they're not a side that copes well being under pressure and being favourites to win matches.

I know I wont change their minds, buts thats the beauty of a discussion forum - you both express your opinion, and if you dont like the other one, you disagree with it profusely, which is what I did with Mr. Alan and whatawaster's valuation.

For example, Alan's valuation of Dirk Kuyt. He came to Liverpool with a reputation as a clinical goalscorer - he had a high goals to games ratio at Feyenoord - and although he has had to change his style of play, he doesnt get anywhere near the amount of goals he was expected to get, he gets an average amount of assists and will never trouble a wing back with his pace or trickery. He does a good performance for where he is played given what abilities he has available, but nowhere near enough to double his price tag.

Glen Johnson - has done nothing to add to what was already generally agreed to be an inflated price tag. it would be fair to draw comparisons with Antonio Valencia - an infalted price tag and has done nothing to add to it, but whatawaster has decided Johnson ahs somehow added an extra few million to his value. I doubt you'd find many United fans arguing the same for Valencia.

I wont go into detail on all of the valuations I disagree with, but you accused me of coming in here just to poke fun at Liverpools recent failures, which I did not. I poked fun at certain fans' distorted valuations of their players to defend Benitez.
    Yeah, you weren't the worst. Which is why you quoted my first post probably. The rest in here are clueless and here to lol at Liverpool.

One thing though, I think Kuyt was signed to do what he is doing now and he is doing an excellent job. The amount of strikers that score zillions of goals in Holland then move to a better league and completely fail is unreal. Kuyt is quality and one of the hardest workers around. They could make a profit on him easily. Johnson is English and always going to cost more than he is worth, Chelsea probably would have paid around the same to have him back.

Liverpool could easily end up 3rd/4th and deep in the FA Cup and Europa League. They are not done, Rafa is going nowhere, they have had unreal bad luck with injuries and late goals (which I do enjoy as they took 2nd of us with their late goal shenanigans last season) and this thread is pointless.

Yeah, you weren't the worst. Which is why you quoted my first post probably. The rest in here are clueless and here to lol at Liverpool.

One thing though, I think Kuyt was signed to do what he is doing now and he is doing an excellent job. The amount of strikers that score zillions of goals in Holland then move to a better league and completely fail is unreal. Kuyt is quality and one of the hardest workers around. They could make a profit on him easily. Johnson is English and always going to cost more than he is worth, Chelsea probably would have paid around the same to have him back.

Liverpool could easily end up 3rd/4th and deep in the FA Cup and Europa League. They are not done, Rafa is going nowhere, they have had unreal bad luck with injuries and late goals (which I do enjoy as they took 2nd of us with their late goal shenanigans last season) and this thread is pointless.

This is exactly it though - that is all they have left and the season isn't even half over - simply not good enough and going backwards.
    Really the Liverpool board were foolish to give him a 5 year contract last summer and I'm sure they are sorry now.

Warper wrote: »
    This is exactly it though - that is all they have left and the season isn't even half over - simply not good enough and going backwards.
    Really the Liverpool board were foolish to give him a 5 year contract last summer and I'm sure they are sorry now.
    I don't think anyone will disagree that it isn't good enough. It can happen though and he should be allowed see out the season and more than likely will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Johnson has come in and despite the poor form of almost all around him has transformed the way we can attack teams. He’s scored and created goals, despite being in and out of the team with injuries. His value has definitely gone up. There aren’t many attacking full-backs around as good as Johnson.

Warper wrote: »
    Say for instance come next May and Liverpool dont win anything this season and finish outside of the top 4 would Liverpool fans want Rafa out then?

I don’t know.

The thing about Kuyt is, while I think he is doing a great job having adapted to the wing position given the fact that he does not posses what most wingers do - quick feet, pace, trickery etc. I think Liverpool would be much better suited with an actual winger. Fair enough, what was around at the time and what they were linked with and available probably wasnt great (Simao, a glorified Nani imo) so fair play and all that for bringing in Kuyt and realising he could do that job, but imo his value is about the same as what they signed him for - the £10 million mark at most.

As for Johnson, yes, most of that price tag was probably due to the fact that he was English, already adjusted to the Premier League and a good right back is hard to find. And yes, they needed a genuine wide attacking threat, and getting that from right back is all fine and dandy but he's not the best defensively (the likes of Cole, Maicon, Evra etc. balance great attacking sense with defensive abilties perfectly imo - but I know, they are hard to find). What Liverpool paid for him aside, I found it laughable that he had already added to his price tag in the short space of time he's been at the club.

Sure, apologies for jumping on it straight away.

Lets hug it out.

32218777.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'd stick with him, providing he still had the dressing room.

If Rafa finishes 5th, it will because the four teams above him had access to more resources than he did. He's being outspent by all the teams around him, so, depressingly, fourth would be an achievement in itself.

And, hey, if we finish 5th, with no CL money, and we pay Rafa off, who do we get in? And will they be able to get the most out of a squad that is incredibly loyal to Rafa, and a team that has been assembled and coached to play Rafa's system?

5 years ago, we were linked with Curbishley and McLaren.

Johnson has come in and despite the poor form of almost all around him has transformed the way we can attack teams. He’s scored and created goals, despite being in and out of the team with injuries. His value has definitely gone up. There aren’t many attacking full-backs around as good as Johnson.

Well thats where we disagree then. Whereas you think he has added to his price tag, I would say he has at best (and at a stretch) justified it.

If Rafa finishes 5th, it will because the four teams above him had access to more resources than he did. He's being outspent by all the teams around him, so, depressingly, fourth would be an achievement in itself.

And, hey, if we finish 5th, with no CL money, and we pay Rafa off, who do we get in? And will they be able to get the most out of a squad that is incredibly loyal to Rafa, and a team that has been assembled and coached to play Rafa's system?

This

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

this old nugget again - who chose to spend best part of 40M on a FB that can't defend or a midfielder thats won't be a regular until 2nd hlaf of the season? Maybe he didn't have as much to spend this summer as others but boy did he fvckup with what he did spend? He is ultimately to blame for Alonso going also.

kida wrote: »
    this old nugget again - who chose to spend best part of 40M on a FB that can't defend or a midfielder thats won't be a regular until 2nd hlaf of the season? Maybe he didn't have as much to spend this summer as others but boy did he fvckup with what he did spend? He is ultimately to blame for Alonso going also.

40 million? Really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

kida wrote:

This old nugget again.

Glen Johnson has proved himself to be an excellent addition to the team. A solid defender, and a revelation going forward. He's also English, which is increasingly important.

The jury is still out on Aquilani, but he has the potential to be world class. Fully fit, he would have cost a lot more than what we paid. There are a few Italians in my office - one of which is a Roma fan - and they all rave about him. The Roma fan puts him ahead of Danielle De Rossi. It's anecdotal of course, but it's silly to write Aquilani off at this stage.

The suggestion is also that Rafa made the above signings on the understanding there would be money available in addition to what he had raised through Alonso and Arbeloa. This situation changed during the transfer window due to the increased demands of the banks for the refinancing. But hey, I suppose Rafa's to blame for that too, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭mormank

Yeah they made it in, but because England were given 3 automatic spots for the Champions League that year, they weren't seeded for the playoff draw. They got Villareal, who ended up narrowly missing out on the final that year. Fairly unlucky.

england had 2 automatic spots. liverpool were in the qualifiers. so much fail in this thread. people are literally making up things and trying to pass it as fact. muppet and the warper really showing the extent of their football knowledge here also...

Mr Alan wrote: »
    him telling athletico he wouldnt go anywhere else kind of forced their hand.

Reina-6m, wat would he be worth now? 30?

Mascherano-17m, worth 30m plus now.

Agger-worth at least twice wat we paid for him.

Kuyt-again, twice wat we paid

Benayoun-maybe 4 times wat we paid?

Insua-at least 5 times wat we paid? probably more.

i could go on.

alan please dont go on..you are embarrassing yourself here!

do you honeslty thin any club would offer us over 20 mill for kuyt?? he cost us 11 iirc(again im not using google to pretend i have fantastic footie knowlege here) and benni ws 6mill i believe so we would not get anything close to 24mill for him. are you kidding??? wrong wrong wrong...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

for me:

Reina – 16m
    Cavalieri – 4m
    Johnson – 18m
    Degen – 1m
    Insua – 5m
    Aurelio – 3.5m
    Carragher – 3.5m
    Skrtel – 8m
    Agger – 10m
    Kyriakos – 1m
    Dossena – 5m
    Mascherano – 30m
    Aquilani – 17m
    Lucas – 8m
    Plessis – 1m
    Gerrard – 25m
    Kuyt – 12m
    El Zhar – 1m
    Benayoun – 8m
    Babel – 8m
    Riera – 8m
    N’Gog – 4.5m
    Voronin – 2m
    Torres – 55m

Overall – 251m

People saying nobody would pay 60ish million for Torres cos of his recent injuries are wrong imo. As much as i wish fees in football would reflect the economic climate they dont really and im sure if City could sign Torres for 55m on January first they would.

Benayoun is the one that has surprised me the most in the values ive seen suggested, 15 & 20m seriously? I mean i late and rate Benny but cant see any club paying over 10m for him.

However i can see people getting more money than some expect from fringe players should they be sold to the continent, for instance Lucas, Insua, Dossena etc

jank wrote: »
    Maybe too much time, its 19 years and ticking.... maybe thats the problem!

Well anyone remembers the now infamous press conference by rafa last year and blew his title hopes? Managers sometimes do stupid things.

ok so here you are attributing all blame on us not winning the league last year to rafa's speach that day??/ what another load of rubbish!! we didnt win the title because of numerous different things that happened during the course of the whole season, not as a result of one press conference!! jeez!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

for me:

Reina – 16m
    Cavalieri – 4m
    Johnson – 18m
    Degen – 1m
    Insua – 5m
    Aurelio – 3.5m
    Carragher – 3.5m
    Skrtel – 8m
    Agger – 10m
    Kyriakos – 1m
    Dossena – 5m
    Mascherano – 30m
    Aquilani – 17m
    Lucas – 8m
    Plessis – 1m
    Gerrard – 25m
    Kuyt – 12m
    El Zhar – 1m
    Benayoun – 8m
    Babel – 8m
    Riera – 8m
    N’Gog – 4.5m
    Voronin – 2m
    Torres – 55m

I think you are over valuing the players in bold
    I think age comes into play for these players

Headshot wrote: »

I actually didnt think of age with regards Kuyt so yes maybe shave a few million off but tbh again to use the Man City example despite Gerrards age id say they would sign him January 1st for up to 25m if given the option and Carragher may not be what he once was but to get a few years out of carragher for a relegation battling side would be well worth 3ish million tbh that isnt that expensive

• Advertisement

I actually didnt think of age with regards Kuyt so yes maybe shave a few million off but tbh again to use the Man City example despite Gerrards age id say they would sign him January 1st for up to 25m if given the option and Carragher may not be what he once was but to get a few years out of carragher for a relegation battling side would be well worth 3ish million tbh that isnt that expensive

I didnt think of city but excluding city would anyone pay 25m for Gerrard
    im not sure

id value him around 18m

im not sure

id value him around 18m

well yeah my list is more kinda resale price and from city i could see them getting that but his value aswell as that of a number of the other players on the list for myself personally would be lower due to his age and maybe near the 18m mark also.

Some might disagree and say that if you can get a certain amount for a player thats their value but then there would be no such a thing as a bargain. In the same way id elaborate on what i said about Benayoun earlier I think his value to pool might be a lot more than his resale price if he were ever sold hense the diffence in values hes been listed as by myself and the pool fans (20m - less than 10).

im not sure

id value him around 18m
    Chelsea, Barca and Madrid would all pay 25M for him if they were interested. United would too if he wasn't scouse. Don't tell me yous don't spend big on over 26's or something cause that line is BS and and excuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

considering Shevchenko was 30 when chelsea signed him for £30m in 2006

Ibrahimović is 28 and barca valued him at 55million+

18m for a 29 year old gerrard??

We can't assume every player on our list will be bought by Chelsea or Man City in fairness.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    considering Shevchenko was 30 when chelsea signed him for £30m in 2006

Ibrahimović is 28 and barca valued him at 55million+

18m for a 29 year old gerrard??

the two worse teams in the europe for transfers

im not saying its impossible im just saying it would be very silly money to spend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

im not saying its impossible im just saying it would be very silly money to spend

just out of interest what in your opinion are drogba and lampard worth (both 2 years older than gerrard)

the two worse teams in the europe for transfers

Which is what happens with every top club. You's spent 30M on Berbatov FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Are you having a giraffe or what? You think you'd get 8m for Lucas? 60m for Torres???
    100 million for Torres. Easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,807 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Which is what happens with every top club. You's spent 30M on Berbatov FFS

Again, why are we still taking about squad value?

The far cheaper and inferior squad Rafa "inherited" was far more successful than this current crop.
    Squad value is not what supporters demand.

100 million for Torres. Easily.

I think I like talking to Liverpool fans the most from now on.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement