Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are Liverpool ( and Rafa ) done? *Haters Gonna Hate

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Indeed. But if it was so obvious why were his comments met with rolleyes all over the place? Some Liverpool fans obvioulsy thought their loss of form was just a blip, when clearly this is a team going nowhere.
    Yeah like all the teams around them who have been going nowhere for last thirty years. We know we have a problem. We dont need bitter fans telling us about it. But we will come through this like we always do. We survived Houllier, Sounness (the latter a great player but nearly sold anfield such was his penchant for offloading players). Pool wont fail because we wont allow Pool to fail. We have a proud tradition and sad history like United. We will come out of this bigger and stronger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,807 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Jazzy wrote: »
    yeah, i find it incredible that they havent been sorted tbh. we have been playing too narrow for years and the one season we didnt (last year) we came 2nd in the league. our biggest injury problem for me this year has been reira, but dont let other ppl hear me say that.

loads of clubs are in tons of debt. nothing new there. in fact there is nothing really new in your list at all. yes the CL exit was extremely disappointing and we went out with a whimper, but c'est la vie. we have to prove we can do it next year by qualifying.
    we havent been able to compete financially with our biggest rivals for years either. (que the accounting wizards at Utd. Inc. to show up with their spreadsheets). we havent been able to buy big players until only recently. our biggest buy ever in 2004 was Cisse at 14m. Utd's was Rio at 29m, chelski had a whole rake of players in the 20m+ debt for the next few years. arsenal were the only ones in the big 4 who proved otherwise and fair play to wenger & co.
    but ya see, the reason fergie was able to pick and choose which 20m+ players he has wanted over the past 10 or so years is because of stability, and if they didnt work (veron) it was no skin off his nose in the long run. there had been no major changes and no looming threat of dismissal. no major squad overhauls and when he doesnt want a player anymore, they are out the door. if liverpool are allowed the same stability they could very well do the same. but thats too long term thinking for this forum to understand so I apologise. its time to go and liverpool football club will be battling for a UEFA cup place and skeletor was recently pictured with an LFC jersey on in downtown he-man land

Comparing United with Liverpool over the past 5 years is not the place to start defending LFC.

Anyway, you're obviously very optimistic about the future for Liverpool football club and despite everything else seem to believe the problems on the pitch are relatively simple to sort out.
    Thats fair enough-however no matter what you believe, the cold hard facts of what has happed so far this season are hard to deny. Should LFC lie outside the top 4 in May, it will be a bit of a hairy situation for Rafa and all the simple problems that lie on his plate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Just a quick check: y'all are aware that Liverpool are five points off the Champions League places with 22 games left right? Not 10 points off. Not with less than 10 games to play.

Right? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

kippy wrote: »
    Comparing United with Liverpool over the past 5 years is not the place to start defending LFC.
    i wasnt. i was trying to explain how utd got in that position and what was needed to get there.
    kippy wrote:
    Anyway, you're obviously very optimistic about the future for Liverpool football club and despite everything else seem to believe the problems on the pitch are relatively simple to sort out.
    Thats fair enough-however no matter what you believe, the cold hard facts of what has happed so far this season are hard to deny. Should LFC lie outside the top 4 in May, it will be a bit of a hairy situation for Rafa and all the simple problems that lie on his plate.

despite what? what newspapers and some ppl the internet say? or a few pundits on RTE who have been saying the exact same thing for years? I watch the matches, i can see why were are playing terrible, but because im not qualified or work in football or have anywhere near the experience of the ppl working in football, am not sure on how to fix it. im not "denying" any of what has happened so far this season and yes, MORE OBVIOUSNESS, it will be a hairy situation should we be outside the top 4. i know you really really want liverpool to 'crumble' and become a monotonous mid table side and all that so you can stay in the free accommodation ivory tower that you chose to stay in and have a merry smug laugh at poor jokes like "all the simple problems that lie on his plate" but ultimately you are just spouting spoon fed delusions from a common biased consensus. the want outweighs the reality and ultimately thats why this thread exists :)

despite what? what newspapers and some ppl the internet say? or a few pundits on RTE who have been saying the exact same thing for years? I watch the matches, i can see why were are playing terrible, but because im not qualified or work in football or have anywhere near the experience of the ppl working in football, am not sure on how to fix it. im not "denying" any of what has happened so far this season and yes, MORE OBVIOUSNESS, it will be a hairy situation should we be outside the top 4. i know you really really want liverpool to 'crumble' and become a monotonous mid table side and all that so you can stay in the free accommodation ivory tower that you chose to stay in and have a merry smug laugh at poor jokes like "all the simple problems that lie on his plate" but ultimately you are just spouting spoon fed delusions from a common biased consensus. the want outweighs the reality and ultimately thats why this thread exists :)

Perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Just a quick check: y'all are aware that Liverpool are five points off the Champions League places with 22 games left right? Not 10 points off. Not with less than 10 games to play.

Yeah but Lucas is as useful an irrelevant object in a random place that forms a humorous comparison.

i wasnt. i was trying to explain how utd got in that position and what was needed to get there.

Nope.
    Despite cold hard fachts as a certain person would say.
    Knocked out in the CL in the group stages.
    3 wins in 15 games

What you ARE denying is that the issues are a lot more than simple.

You've already stated more that once that the issues on the pitch are fairly simple. I stated that yer manager has some fairly simple problems based on your own comment.......whats so hard to fathom in that?

Where is yer year on year inprovements this year? You're hardly going to tell me that theres enough left of the season to improve on last season.
    I admire your honesty and blind faith.

btw the Ivory Tower I currently live in and have done for some time is in Terryland park.
    Theres very few clubs I can "smugly" look down on to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lol @ thread title

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

is that all your concerned with, getting into the CL season after season? i think thats the point of this thread, every season you want to win the league and you dont but thats ok as long as you can defend the team to united fans because youll get 4th. in fairness thats a poor season imo, becasue the top 4 are so far ahead of everyone else thats the least you should expect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

bigstar wrote: »
    becasue the top 4 are so far ahead of everyone else thats the least you should expect.

are they though?

man city, villa and spurs would beg to differ.

it's closer than ever before.

this isn't an excuse for rafa and how bad a season it's been, but the top 4, particularly Liverpool, on paper, are not that far ahead at all.

results this season across the board would support this.

cesc re-iterated it in his post-match interview yesterday too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Anytime i see liverpool play they remind of a better bolton tbh, very workmanlike but not that much quality and reliance on a couple of players for creativity.

Good comparison. Gerrard and Torres are the only two players that can change games and the chances of both of those two being fit regularly are slim.

The rest are stocking fillers who can't cut it at the highest level. And by highest level i mean winning the top trophies. And by top trophies i mean premiership, world cup, euro championship, champs league...

Even then i'd question the greatness of players. Porto for example won the champions league a while back, Greece won the euro's - but not with superstars. Neither are (or were) considered serious contenders.

Good players & teams challenge for top trophies, win them and then fight to retain them. Wenger has done it, Mourinho done it, Ferguson has done it. Benetiz hasn't. Liverpool are thereabouts but not considered as 'serious' contenders for anything really.

this thread needs to die.

it's just a liverpool bashing thread at this stage.

same points being re-hashed again and again and again.

rafa should get to the end of the season at the very least, end of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭mormank

K-9 wrote: »
    Nope, we finished fifth. TNS offered us a play off for their spot.

i know exactly where we finished that year!!! we went into the qualifiers at another teams expense and had to qualify for the group stages from the first qualifying round. i remember stevie scored a bucket load of goals in these matches...now are you going to correct me that he didnt in fact score a bucket load, that he in fact scored x amount!!! jeez!!

SlickRic wrote: »
    this thread needs to die.

it's just a liverpool bashing thread at this stage.

same points being re-hashed again and again and again.

rafa should get to the end of the season at the very least, end of.

Why should it die?
    Because you want it to?

I think its a very real timeline of what people think of LFC and the position they are in.
    I am sure if Liverpool start improving this thread will die a natural death, but they havent done that as of yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Why should it die?
    Because you want it to?

I think its a very real timeline of what people think of LFC and the position they are in.
    I am sure if Liverpool start improving this thread will die a natural death, but they havent done that as of yet.
    Why should they try. It would be like talking to a brick wall. United fans are here to gloat.

Liverpool subforum please.

Why should it die?
    Because you want it to?

it should die because it's a Utd fan gloating thread.

99% of what gets said in here can go in the Liverpool superthread.

you will get the same timeline in there.

event wrote: »
    thats a massive misconception

at the time, they probably considered eto'o worth minus value

they were delighted that they could find a club to take eto'o off them

oh come on...so what you are saying is that barca went to inter and said if ye take eto'o off us we will pay you...my head hurts from reading this drivel. but at the same time some of it is funny..like the posts between chd and his new friend regarding any lessons being learnt from sheva's transfer to chelsea...so basically that guy (who's name eludes me while writing this) is suggesting that as soon as sheva failed that all players 30 or over lost value instantly??? haha, thats a good one. by that logic does this mean that once veron moved to utd that all players from the serieA lost value also?? or all argentinians??...or both???

CHD wrote: »
    Why should they try. It would be like talking to a brick wall. United fans are here to gloat.

Liverpool subforum please.

The thread was started by a Self confessed Villa fan I believe. I'm dont have any allegiances to any team in the premier league.

Getting knocked out of the CL at this stage, after five years of Rafa Benitez, year on year improvements, and of course a far more valuable squad than he started with, is NOTHING short of a major failure. That wont change come May. LFC fans seem to be slow to accept that fact. Whether its denial, I dont know.

Okay without dragging this into "who is the better player" thread (and its still torres), he doesn't go missing half the time, doesn't fall over half the time, doesn't sulk half the time etc. And if you think scoring in the final of the second biggest international tournament is no big deal than all i can say is WOW.

no im sorry but you are wrong here. just like the poster who said he would take benzema over torres earlier. he is wrong, torres is better than benzema right now, but im afraid ronnie is better than torres. i realise this is your opinion and you are entitled to it, but your opinion is wrong!

it should die because it's a Utd fan gloating thread.

99% of what gets said in here can go in the Liverpool superthread.

you will get the same timeline in there.
    Maybe you're right, I just think it could easily ruin the RTG aspect of the current Liverpool thread, and this question warrants its own thread.

Its up to the Mods to decide at this stage what happens this thread.

• Advertisement

The thread was started by a Self confessed Villa fan I believe. I'm dont have any allegiances to any team in the premier league.

meaningless.

the question's been answered a million times.

and just because it was started by a villa fan, probably with good intentions, doesn't mean it is now serving a purpose.

basically after every game you get a fan coming in here going...'so, is he done yet? he's had enough time. when are liverpool fans going to lose patience?'

once again, you can find out what Liverpool fans think after every game in the superthread.

its about 2,000 posts longer than it should be :pac:

this thread really shouldve been two posts long in fairness. post no 1: are rafa and liverpool done? post no 2: NO. then nothing but tumbleweed should appear in this thread after that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Would like to say Im a voice in the wilderness. But others seem to be in agreement with me. The money is there.

http://forums.skysports.com/viewtopic.aspx?s=1&b=2&c=2&f=20&t=99894&p=1

That 'source' has about as much credibility as Liverpool's title challenge this season.

I've only been here a short while, but it's already plain to see a number of posters on this thread seem to have escaped from some mental asylum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Getting knocked out of the CL at this stage, after five years of Rafa Benitez, year on year improvements, and of course a far more valuable squad than he started with, is NOTHING short of a major failure. That wont change come May. LFC fans seem to be slow to accept that fact. Whether its denial, I dont know.
    These things happen. Why isn't Wenger bitched about? Cause he tries to create the worlds best youth team? Ferguson took a while to get United back to winning ways at the start of his career and could/should have been sacked. Chelsea have huge expectations and sack managers for fun, hasn't got us anywhere though has it? Liverpool could be in the top 4 and deep in two cups come march/april. Just because they challenged last year doesn't mean they should sack a manager who has done a hell of alot for them the last few years.

Thread sucks. Passed my day. I'm out.

Just because they challenged last year doesn't mean they should sack a manager who has done a hell of alot for them the last few years.

and this is the answer to the OP's question.

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Indeed. But if it was so obvious why were his comments met with rolleyes all over the place? Some Liverpool fans obvioulsy thought their loss of form was just a blip, when clearly this is a team going nowhere.

oh please, this is a team almost identical in personnel to that which finished second in the league just last season and ran utd pretty close. what i have bolded in your post is just a throw away comment that is very naive imo...

These things happen. Why isn't Wenger bitched about? Cause he tries to create the worlds best youth team? Ferguson took a while to get United back to winning ways at the start of his career and could/should have been sacked. Chelsea have huge expectations and sack managers for fun, hasn't got us anywhere though has it? Liverpool could be in the top 4 and deep in two cups come march/april. Just because they challenged last year doesn't mean they should sack a manager who has done a hell of alot for them the last few years.

DING DING DING!

lol

Start a thread asking is Wengers/Fergusons time with Arsenal/United done if you want to start discussing those aspects, this thread is discussing Rafa and Liverpool.

Rafa has done a hell of a lot for LFC alright, right now however hes in no better a position than some of the guys that went before him, despite his investment in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

and this is the answer to the OP's question.
    So why are you saying his position should be reviewed at the end of the season then? Surely what CHD has said, will still apply then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Just out of curiousity who are the managers in the EPL who have longer left on their current contracts than Rafa?

I would imagine that there are very few with longer left on their contracts.

Rafa has done a hell of a lot for LFC alright, right now however hes in no better a position than some of the guys that went before him, despite his investment in the squad.

then you need a bit of perspective.

spurs sack managers after a bad run of results; what good has it done them?

did sacking mourinho help chelsea?

would sacking ferguson when they had a slump for a year or 2 been a good idea?

sacking wenger over the last 5 years would sure have been smart.

just because we're not winning trophies every year does not mean there's not progress.

but again, end of season, that is when the decision should next be made about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

mormank wrote: »
    i know exactly where we finished that year!!! we went into the qualifiers at another teams expense and had to qualify for the group stages from the first qualifying round. i remember stevie scored a bucket load of goals in these matches...now are you going to correct me that he didnt in fact score a bucket load, that he in fact scored x amount!!! jeez!!

I think you should read my post again. TNS was the team you are thinking about, it wasn't at their expense. They offered a match for their position.

That's the reason Stevie scored so many!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

smemon wrote: »
    Good comparison. Gerrard and Torres are the only two players that can change games and the chances of both of those two being fit regularly are slim.

The rest are stocking fillers who can't cut it at the highest level. And by highest level i mean winning the top trophies. And by top trophies i mean premiership, world cup, euro championship, champs league...

Even then i'd question the greatness of players. Porto for example won the champions league a while back, Greece won the euro's - but not with superstars. Neither are (or were) considered serious contenders.

Good players & teams challenge for top trophies, win them and then fight to retain them. Wenger has done it, Mourinho done it, Ferguson has done it. Benetiz hasn't. Liverpool are thereabouts but not considered as 'serious' contenders for anything really.

even then you would question the greatness of the players?? of course you would. correct me if im wrong here but if bolton won more points this year in the premier league than any other team would they be considered as the best team in the league this year?? or because people like you exist with your questions would it totally be discounted as some sort of unnatural event and that calender year be stricken from history or something??? i mean i dont understand what the problem is with greece winning the euros is? once they have won it i dont think any greeks care that there team isnt as good as brazil's? if anything this makes their achievement even better?

just because we're not winning trophies every year does not mean there's not progress.

but again, end of season, that is when the decision should next be made about him.
    Look at what I said.
    Look at where his team are right now.
    Look at what went before him.
    I am't wrong.

Perspective........ie the big picture.........
    The big picture is Liverpool cant afford to have a "slump" for a year or two, especially if that "slump" involves dropping outside the top 4 for two seasons running.

K-9 wrote: »
    I think you should read my post again. TNS was the team you are thinking about, it wasn't at their expense. They offered a match for their position.

That's the reason Stevie scored so many!

yes i realise this. i was responding to a poster that basically claimed that everton missed out on champions league football because liverpool were granted access..i was merely saying that it was another team who's chances we affected, not everton

• Advertisement

especially if that "slump" involves dropping outside the top 4 for two seasons running.

we haven't dropped out of the top 4 once yet, bar '05, where we jammily got into the Champions League anyway.

this season is only 14 games old.

which is why i said wait until the end of the season, then judge where the team is.

and this is what i'm talking about with no need for the thread. these same points are re-hashed again and again with the same answers.

Look at where his team are right now.
    Look at what went before him.

if you want me to start comparing houllier's squad with rafa's i'll go right ahead, but believe me, it won't help your cause.

if you want me to start comparing houllier's squad with rafa's i'll go right ahead, but believe me, it won't help your cause.

Ah listen lads,
    the only people rehashing stuff here are Liverpool fans trying to justify their managers salary.

Go on ahead and do a comparison of squads.
    While you're at it do a comparision of what both squads have won bearing in mind it was largely Houlliers squad that won the Champions League under Rafa.
    The you can do a comparison of the relative monetary values of both squads and how monetary value is where its at in football these days.

You think I dont know that on paper Rafas squad is better than Houlliers?

we haven't dropped out of the top 4 once yet, bar '05, where we jammily got into the Champions League anyway.

this season is only 14 games old.

which is why i said wait until the end of the season, then judge where the team is.

and this is what i'm talking about with no need for the thread. these same points are re-hashed again and again with the same answers.

The team is out of the CL........is that not a big enough indicator of where the team is?
    The group of death they managed to find themselves in was a big factor alright, but still.......

This thread will die as soon as Liverpool start looking like a team that can justify their place in the top 4.
    Even then, one would have to wonder is this going to be the target of Rafa for the next 5 years of this contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Liverpool fans keep banging on about the progress Benitez has made - what progress? Seriously what progress since Houllier? Benitez has won 2 trophies, one practically with Houlliers team and an FA Cup. Houllier won twice as many trophies with Liverpool (UEFA, FA and 2 Carling's). Houllier has practically the same record as Rafa in the League , finishing second once and a third. In fact the similarities are striking between the 2.

• Advertisement

Warper wrote: »
    Liverpool fans keep banging on about the progress Benitez has made - what progress? Seriously what progress since Houllier? Benitez has won 2 trophies, one practically with Houlliers team and an FA Cup. Houllier won twice as many trophies with Liverpool (UEFA, FA and 2 Carling's). Houllier has practically the same record as Rafa in the League , finishing second once and a third. In fact the similarities are striking between the 2.

I dunno, Champions of Europe and consistently becoming one of the most feared teams in the Champions League + a proper good go at the Premiership last season seems like progress to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

OR maybe they should sack him, hence point of the thread.

the only people rehashing stuff here are Liverpool fans trying to justify their managers salary.

bollix.

this thread is resurrected after every loss.

the thread title's been changed once today, let's do it again. the 'ha, liverpool lost again' thread.

and what business is it of mine what he's paid?

maybe i think he's done a great job for the last 5 years, has had a bad blip this, and deserves until the end of the season at the very least.

i give the same answers to the same questions, and the same questions are asked in hope, i think, that rafa will just be outright condemned.

it's not enough that many fans question his decisions, which we do; or that we think he should have better back up (particularly up front), which we do, or that we admit this season has been sh*t, which we have, but we must go that extra mile and say he should be sacked, otherwise we're just being naive and 'fanboys'.
    You think I dont know that on paper Rafas squad is better than Houlliers?

so he's done a decent job on the squad then. excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

LOL at the pool fans looking for the thread to be closed, If ye don't like it don't read it or contribute.

Back on topic.

I believe Rafa is finished at Liverpool but no one has told him yet.

bollix.

this thread is resurrected after every loss.

the thread title's been changed once today, let's do it again. the 'ha, liverpool lost again' thread.

and what business is it of mine what he's paid?

maybe i think he's done a great job for the last 5 years, has had a bad blip this, and deserves until the end of the season at the very least.

i give the same answers to the same questions, and the same questions are asked in hope, i think, that rafa will just be outright condemned.

it's not enough that many fans question his decisions, which we do; or that we think he should have better back up (particularly up front), which we do, or that we admit this season has been sh*t, which we have, but we must go that extra mile and say he should be sacked, otherwise we're just being naive and 'fanboys'.

so he's done a decent job on the squad then. excellent.
    Yeah, hes done a decent job on the squad but apparently they are sloppy on the ball, lack width and havent concentrated enough (not my words, previous points made by Liverpool fan a few posts back).

Its of great business to you what he is paid............I would have thought that a club that harps on about not being able to compete financially with others around then should be careful about where every penny goes.
    I dont think ye're getting value for money in that department, not have ye been getting value for money since his first season.

The thread is resurrected after every loss.......I would have thought that the reason for that was pretty obvious?

Why should it die?
    Because you want it to?

Thing is it wasn't started by a liverpool fan. and that whats bugs me. Its not objective. and thing is the OP who set up thread hasnt posted in ages. says it all for me.

Yeah, hes done a decent job on the squad but apparently they are sloppy on the ball, lack width and havent concentrated enough (not my words, previous points made by Liverpool fan a few posts back).

i agree, the likes of kuyt are far too sloppy on the ball, especially this season.

still not a sackable offence considering the progress over the last few years.
    Its of great business to you what he is paid............I would have thought that a club that harps on about not being able to compete financially with others around then should be careful about where every penny goes.
    I dont think ye're getting value for money in that department, not have ye been getting value for money since his first season.

he gets paid the standard amount for any top manager in the English league; less then the very, very top tier.
    The thread is resurrected after every loss.......I would have thought that the reason for that was pretty obvious?

of course it's obvious.

just a bit redundant. especially when the reply is always 'end of season', and yet the next time a bad result comes in, it's expected that that will change to 'sack him'.

if we don't get champions league, i'll decide if i think he should be sacked.

but unless Hiddink is available for cheap, then it is never advisable to swicth managers mid-season.

Thing is it wasn't started by a liverpool fan. and that whats bugs me. Its not objective. and thing is the OP who set up thread hasnt posted in ages. says it all for me.

Its not objective? You can sing that. Theres not many threads in this forum that are to be fair.

The OP has probably been out celebrating their big win over united and their temporary (at least) position in the top four.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Spurs are actually ahead of Liverpool in the league so it could be argued it has done them some good and while sacking Mourinho might not have helped Chelsea, sacking Scolari certainly did.

People bang on about this European Cup Benitez won. Scolari won the World Cup but it didn't mean he was cut out to win the Premiership. Same story with Benitez in my view.

As for Ferguson and Wenger, they have won league titles so they know what it takes in that regard and both have also got their teams to Champions League finals.

I really don't see how anyone can think Liverpool have progressed when a season that began with talk of the title has resulted in talk of missing out on the top four, and we're only in December. He couldn't even keep his team in the hunt until the halfway stage. It's back to the old days of Liverpool being out of contention before the New Year.

Its not objective? You can sing that. Theres not many threads in this forum that are to be fair.

The OP has probably been out celebrating their big win over united and their temporary (at least) position in the top four.
    OP has not posted here in ages. I wouldnt mind if he occassionally contributed to a thread he created. like I said it bugs me.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement