Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are Liverpool ( and Rafa ) done? *Haters Gonna Hate

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Warper wrote: »
    OMG - not a week ago Liverpool fans were on here defending Rafa tooth and nail. Anyone criticising Rafa were labelled "haters" as the thread title was so interestingly changed (probably by a Liverpool mod). Now, a few days later they want him gone:rolleyes:

Its football,opinions change with every gameweek. It is a results business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

OMG - not a week ago Liverpool fans were on here defending Rafa tooth and nail. Anyone criticising Rafa were labelled "haters" as the thread title was so interestingly changed (probably by a Liverpool mod). Now, a few days later they want him gone:rolleyes:

There will still be some people supporting him. I've no doubt about that.

But they're the nutty ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

all i can say is that there are watershed moments in life, and today was one in terms of football.

i think it enlightened a lot of supporters to just how bad things are.

personally, i've been on the brink for a while now.

the inflexibility is absolutely killing us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Rafa has taken this team as far as he can in my opinion. Tis a shame, i like the man. I just dont think some of his players want to play for him. Either that or he has brought in the wrong players.

In all seriousness, and upon reflection, bringing on spearing when you are desperate for a goal is bordering on 'suicide'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

as thread starter, that title change really p!ssed me off actually. it changes the whole context of my thread, more or less saying it's done to wind people up.

thanks for seeing that's not what was intended.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

I think a huge amount of Liverpool fans still genuinely respect and love him for all that he has done for the team. It's tough thinking now that we would be better off without him, but it's the best thing at this stage. Fresh start and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

They're not playing for him, he'll have to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

He cant be kept on for what he did in the past.Clearly something isnt right this season..Has to go IMO..Was i rightly told you have never (recently anyway) sacked a manager mid season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

daithijjj wrote: »

In all seriousness, and upon reflection, bringing on spearing when you are desperate for a goal is bordering on 'suicide'.

We are down to ten men and need two goals in five minutes just to try and get a point. I think Rafa was resigned to the result at that stage and was more thinking about giving a youth player a run out for a few minutes.

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Then why not bring on Babel or N'gog at half time, when youre only one goal down and theres 45 minutes remaining. Or even in the 60th minute?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Archimedes wrote: »
    Then why not bring on Babel or N'gog at half time, when youre only one goal down and theres 45 minutes remaining. Or even in the 60th minute?

Eh, I don't see how that relates to my point ? Maybe he should have done those things but he can't turn back time going into the last five minutes?

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

SlickRic wrote: »
    all i can say is that there are watershed moments in life, and today was one in terms of football.

i think it enlightened a lot of supporters to just how bad things are.

personally, i've been on the brink for a while now.

the inflexibility is absolutely killing us.

Have to agree. Today was my tipping point for the man.

I have said many times before that he should be given until the summer to turn things around, but now my mindset is that he should be gone come the summer, and if he wishes to step down beforehand, then so be it. Kenny and Sammy Lee could stand in until the summer.

He has done a lot of good for the club and deserves respect for that. But today he lost my trust and my confidence in him as the manager of Liverpool Football Club, and for a supporter who spent many saturdays of his childhood walking from his home to the games with his dad, that is a horrible moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

horrible result, i think its time for a change of management:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Yes, he's done.

The press conference after the game was embarassing, repeating the same aul tripe to every single question asked. he came across as a dead man walking.

8 points off 4th place which he guarnteed.

curtains.

/thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

It I think its time a new thread was started entitled who is going to be the next LFC manager. This argument is a dead horse now we should stop flogging it. To defend the indefensible like some are doing is incredible. A bad team going backwards, after 6 years. It's gonna take years to recover from the mess which Senor Benetiz has made of our beloved club. Are Liverpool and Rafa done? A quite categorical JESS.

ntlbell wrote: »
    The press conference after the game was embarassing, repeating the same aul tripe to every single question asked. he came across as a dead man walking.

agree with this 100%.

part of his job is to adapt to different situations.

it's become painfully obvious that he cannot do it; testament to this is the fact that he always blames the same things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

SlickRic wrote: »
    agree with this 100%.

part of his job is to adapt to different situations.

it's become painfully obvious that he cannot do it; testament to this is the fact that he always blames the same things.
    Rafa is done. Like scolari last year. His race is run. But let us remember the good things he did for us and leave it at that.

ntlbell wrote: »
    Yes, he's done.

8 points off 4th place which he guarnteed.

curtains.

/thread

6 points off 4th not 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

will somebody please turn the lights off on the way out, i think his goose is cooked, this could be the end of an era

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

6 points off 4th not 8.

till 7.30 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Christ that interview after the game, Rafa looks like a beaten man this time. I feel sorry for him....got to be some woeful bullshít going on behind the scenes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

rafa looked a beaten man on sky there

opr wrote: »
    We are down to ten men and need two goals in five minutes just to try and get a point. I think Rafa was resigned to the result at that stage and was more thinking about giving a youth player a run out for a few minutes.

Opr

I see your point and i dont disagree. The problem is that when the manager 'gives up' i, and anyone else, is entitled to give up on him. What must the players be thinking?

Im not buying his excuses anymore and i do like rafa the man, he is tactically inept once a game has started. Why give dossena 7 mins in the second half?.......his tactics are the same all the time, win the ball back, it doesnt matter if you lose it.

Dossena and kuyt created nothing between them. He doesnt have it in him to make us attacking..........even his wide players are defensive against a team at the bottom of the league? This game was crying out for us to throw everything at pompey from the start. No support for gerrard and torres from midfield or out wide.......would have made no difference if he took off kuyt/lucas and tried babel/ngog. At least give it a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭Ardent

I've been calling for his head for sometime. Liverpool will never win the league with Benitez and Kuyt. But today's result - which crystalizes a shockingly poor season - must surely seal his fate?

It was complete madness giving him a 5 year contract. But who do you blame for that? The owners or the match-going fans? I feel the owners were pressured into appeasing Benitez by idiot, blind-faith, match-going fans.

A misguided loyalty to under-performing managers and bizarre tolerance of mediocrity is par for the course at Anfield and, until this mindset changes, Liverpool will remain perennial also-rans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Have to agree with that, who ever changed the title over stepped the mark, Bad form and the thin end of the wedge'. I havn't seen that happen very often here tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    There will still be some people supporting him. I've no doubt about that.

But they're the nutty ones.

;) Had to laugh at that , some sense in all the madness :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Its a real shame it come to this for rafa, great manager imo.

The boardroom fighting has effected his ability to manage his team properly.

Very sad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

:)

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Its a real shame it come to this for rafa, great manager imo.

The boardroom fighting has effected his ability to manage his team properly.

Very sad

the board gave him more control in his new contrat, if anthing he should have been able to manage them more effectivly, but its seemed to have got worse

The owners are the problem, not Rafa.

Football these days is about money. It's what bought Chelsea titles. It's what's made Man City be involved in more conversations.

So the owners should back him or sack him. None of this middle of the ground stuff where Rafa has to sell to buy. That's ridiculous for what's expected of Liverpool. We're gonna nowhere but down under that regime!!

Either p!ss off or back him or sack him!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Who changed thread title and why was it changed?

Ardent wrote: »
    I've been calling for his head for sometime. Liverpool will never win the league with Benitez and Kuyt. But today's result - which crystalizes a shockingly poor season - must surely seal his fate?

It was complete madness giving him a 5 year contract. But who do you blame for that? The owners or the match-going fans? I feel the owners were pressured into appeasing Benitez by idiot, blind-faith, match-going fans.

A misguided loyalty to under-performing managers and bizarre tolerance of mediocrity is par for the course at Anfield and, until this mindset changes, Liverpool will remain perennial also-rans.

Yep, they're the problem with this club. They haven't a f*cking iota!! I just don't understand why people talking sh!te on the internet, the real fans, aren't listened to!!

quarryman wrote: »
    Who changed thread title and why was it changed?

Luckylloyd i think. It was changed because it turned out to be a wind up thread for Man U fans. How come you're only asking now?????

Rafa Benitez is one of the top managers in Europe who will go on to much success at a well run club.

Having him at Liverpool under the control of the cowboys is like having Jimi Hendrix in your band. He wants to, and knows how to play Foxy Lady, but nobody will give him a f*cking guitar!!!

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    Luckylloyd i think. It was changed because it turned out to be a wind up thread for Man U fans. How come you're only asking now?????

i only just seen it.

why are mods messing with the thread titles?

this "Mod warning" title edit is unecessary too.

:confused:

The owners are the problem, not Rafa.

sorry man, but that's too simplistic for me.
    Football these days is about money. It's what bought Chelsea titles. It's what's made Man City be involved in more conversations.

agreed 100%.
    So the owners should back him or sack him. None of this middle of the ground stuff where Rafa has to sell to buy. That's ridiculous for what's expected of Liverpool. We're gonna nowhere but down under that regime!!

the regime is sh*t, but Rafa should be doing better with what he's got. it's just not good enough. we need flexibility, which he will not give us. we need fight, which looked to be lacking today, being replaced with petulance.

as i said earlier, today was a watershed moment for me.
    Either p!ss off or back him or sack him!!

agreed 100%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

i only just seen it.

If you have a problem with the modding then go about complaining the right way, i.e. not on thread.

Rafa Benitez is one of the top managers in Europe who will go on to much success at a well run club.

Having him at Liverpool under the control of the cowboys is like having Jimi Hendrix in your band. He wants to, and knows how to play Foxy Lady, but nobody will give him a f*cking guitar!!!

Its the same squad as last year with a better right back, nobody forced jimmy to spend 20mil on a broken italian guitar.

Its the same squad as last year with a better right back, nobody forced jimmy to spend 20mil on a broken italian guitar.

Minus a Midfielder, The better right back is debatable , but that's not for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭Ardent

Or ~22 million on two Dutch turkeys.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    If you have a problem with the modding then go about complaining the right way, i.e. not on thread.

ok so. done.

jesus, its getting like 1984 around here, don't ever speak ill of the mods...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

ok so. done.

jesus, its getting like 1984 around here, don't ever speak ill of the mods...

:rolleyes:

Speak ill all you want, just do it in a way that doesn't spoil a thread. Pretty simple.

i only just seen it.

You only just saw it. Not seen it!

The Muppet wrote: »
    Minus a Midfielder, The better right back is debatable , but that's not for now.

Well you would be the first man ive spoken to that thinks arbeloa is the same level as johnson. But i think you agree with me though? right? Im fairly sure the owners are not to blame for the signing of the 'new' harry kewell.

Well you would be the first man ive spoken to that thinks arbeloa is the same level as johnson. But i think you agree with me though? right? Im fairly sure the owners are not to blame for the signing of the 'new' harry kewell.
    god its a crazy month. Top four teams dropping points left right and centre.

I would .

:rolleyes:

Speak ill all you want, just do it in a way that doesn't spoil a thread. Pretty simple.

nice ninja edit. your actual patronizing reply:
    Well done

You only just saw it. Not seen it!

ah, i saw'd what you did there :)

ok, i'll get out of the way. This is a good thread, worth further discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

irish-stew wrote: »
    the board gave him more control in his new contrat, if anthing he should have been able to manage them more effectivly, but its seemed to have got worse

I cant see what difference a new contract did for him. The Spetic Tanks are the powerbrokers at the club. Problem is they dont understand football and they tried to be too hands on when it came to transfers. I could be very wrong with that opinion though so feel free to correct me. You are right though things have gotten worse. IMO the club is weaker now than it was two years ago

nice ninja edit. your actual patronizing reply:

ah, i saw'd what you did there :)

ok, i'll get out of the way. This is a good thread, worth further discussion.
    You don't miss much. Apart from the changing of the thread title

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement