Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are Liverpool ( and Rafa ) done? *Haters Gonna Hate

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭mormank

Des wrote: »
    I like the new thread title, gives all the Liverpool fans a nice little out when anyone questions anything Rafa/The Players/The Club does.

Say or question something bad about any of those things and the accusations of "Hater" gets levelled.

Also, the person who changed the thread title is a Liverpool fan.

How very convenient.

Just lock the fúcking thread. The new thread title has stifled discussion.

Big Fat LOL!! discussion in this thread was stifled long before the thread title change!! i mean come on, have you read the whole lot? you will see the exact same arguments from start to finish of this thread!

Since liverpool are doing badly some have even started claiming that it was obvious we were gonna fail this season! give me a break, no one couldve predicted a fall from grace of this magnitude but apparently it was obvious! This thread is a joke. I will agree with you on one thing, this thread should be locked!

I mean, come on, this thread was started after week 7 or 8 i think, what a ridiculous time to start such a thread as we all knew rafa was going nowhere at the time, however some guy decided starting this thread would be a good idea. Oh and for what its worth I think if this thread had been started in the last month or so it would have more credibility, however the fact that it was started so soon tells me it was just a wind up tool, which is why it grew so fast, as we all know that wind up merchants get their best buzz from winding up pool fans!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Des wrote: »
    The thing is though, that if anyone comes and mentions anything in a negative light it becomes open season, because of the mod-inspired thread title, for them to be dismissed as "haters".

Things aren't going well for Liverpool at the moment, and that is a huge subject for discussion. It's not people having a go, it's people discussing a pretty big football topic at the moment.

Liverpool in 7th or 8th place at Xmas is a topic that people should be allowed to be discuss without fear of being labelled as a "hater".

It's a nice little escape from actual discussion, provided by our friendly mod.
    There you go again with the mod. I have absolutely no problem discussing the current crisis. But its when posters get vindictive by stating the obvious in terms of the league table i get a bit put out. Yeah we saw the table. tell us something we dont know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

ziggy wrote: »
    Did you read the article. as opposed to the extract i posted. Some good stuff in there. Particulary about the Bayern Munich model of running club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

But its when posters get vindictive by stating the obvious in terms of the league table i get a bit put out. Yeah we saw the table. tell us something we dont know.

Right one word answer to this question please. Are you accusing me of being vindictive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    He has had more to spend than Ferguson in the last five years. That's a fact, it's not arguable.

The problem is he wasted on players that didn't suit the team or are just rubbish. Over his last two years of transfer activity only Riera has made our first XI better, and even then it was marginally.

The other £70 million was misspent.

What you said about Liverpool spending more that all teams bar City and Chelsea is factually correct. Some people don't do facts.

Villain wrote: »
    Right one word answer to this question please. Are you accusing me of being vindictive?
    I said posters. And no im no more accusing you of being vindictive than Des is accusing mod of being bias. lets move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

To be Done you have to get going first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

• Advertisement

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    To be Done you have to get going first
    Great i declare this thread null and void

. But its when posters get vindictive by stating the obvious in terms of the league table i get a bit put out. Yeah we saw the table. tell us something we dont know.

Actaully I didn't see the league table since yesterday morning and wasn't aware of the points made by Villian. That's the beauty of the forum, theres always some nugget you miss that somone else picks up on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Ush1 wrote: »

That's it Lineker, you show him how to do it with all that managerial success you've had. Oh wait...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Headshot wrote: »
    that's harsh

A BBC pundit? lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

That's it Lineker, you show him how to do it with all that managerial success you've had. Oh wait...

Who is I guess would be the question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

mormank wrote: »
    give me a break, no one couldve predicted a fall from grace of this magnitude but apparently it was obvious!

Speak for yourself.

I saw this coming an absolute mile away. I posted as much last season and in the summer and was told by numerous people that I was "wrong". I'm being kind here as they were far more vociferous. While some eejits were spouting this is our year, I was saying they would do well to hang on to 4th.

Kirby wrote: »
    Speak for yourself.

I saw this coming an absolute mile away. I posted as much last season and in the summer and was told by numerous people that I was "wrong". I'm being kind here as they were far more vociferous. While some eejits were spouting this is our year, I was saying they would do well to hang on to 4th.

You must be feeling good so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Shouldn't that be:
    Ush1 wrote: »
    A crisp pundit? lol

Maybe give him a bit more time to judge him.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Some sites are reporting a press conference for tomorrow morrning.

• Advertisement

Dub13 wrote: »
    Link?

krap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Speak for yourself.

Yeah, people where posting last year saying we'd finish 4th last season too.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

What sites?

I'd say the writing is on the wall for Rafa after yesterday.

I'd be shocked if he was still our manager by the new year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

K-9 wrote: »
    Yeah, people where posting last year saying we'd finish 4th last season too.

There was a thread started December 2008 / January 2009 arguing that Liverpool would miss out on a Champions League spot. HatersGonnaHate.jpg

rarnes1 wrote: »
    What sites?

I'd say the writing is on the wall for Rafa after yesterday.

I'd be shocked if he was still our manager by the new year.

I think a lot of people who would have been supportive have changed their opinion over the last few matches. At this stage I'm mostly indifferent.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    There was a thread started December 2008 / January 2009 arguing that Liverpool would miss out on a Champions League spot. HatersGonnaHate.jpg

Might do a search on that, see who posted on it! :cool:

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    HatersGonnaHate.jpg

Person predicts disappointing season. Person gives reasons. Person abused by several people. Person proven right. People post "haters gonna hate" mantra.

Just thought I would outline the series of events for people not familiar. And yeh rarnes, I feel a bit vindicated tbh. You would too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Person predicts disappointing season. Person gives reasons. Person abused by several people. Person proven right. People post "haters gonna hate" mantra.

Just thought I would outline the series of events for people not familiar. And yeh rarnes, I feel a bit vindicated tbh. You would too.

Yeah you're,brilliant we know you predicted it 20 years ago, get over it.

Congrats

• Advertisement

Up there with nostradamus, is me! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

I hope he is the manager in the new year, and I really hope he see's out the end of his conract.

I'm a United Fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    I hope he is the manager in the new year, and I really hope he see's out the end of his conract.

I'm a United Fan

course you are why else would you be in a liverpool thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Paulegend wrote: »

This isn't a Liverpool only thread, its a discussion about Liverpool and their manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

so, who reckons fumbling raffa will be gone by january.?

he clearly has lost the plot, blaming the pompey disaster to a 'perfect' ref...

ummmm, ooooo kkkkkkkkk..

if they sack him they will have to pay off his contract... smart man raffa... :)

so, who reckons fumbling raffa will be gone by january.?

he clearly has lost the plot, blaming the pompey disaster to a 'perfect' ref...

ummmm, ooooo kkkkkkkkk..

if they sack him they will have to pay off his contract... smart man raffa... :)

Rafa has obviously lost the plot, he is embaressing himself and the club with post match interviews like yesterday
    Benitez then gave a bizarre performance in the post-match press conference, appearing to blame the referee, Lee Mason, for the defeat by repeatedly labelling the official's performance "perfect" – the word enunciated with a heavy dose of sarcasm.

Benítez claimed that Javier Mascherano should not have been sent off – a decision that, he felt, turned the game.

Benítez: "I have seen the replay and for me it is not a sending-off, but anyway the referee was perfect. He didn't make any mistakes. Now Javier is injured, and I will say again the referee didn't make any mistake."

Press: "We don't understand? You say the referee didn't make a mistake?"

Benítez: "No he was perfect. Perfect. He was perfect."

Press: "So why was it not a sending-off?"

Benítez: "I have seen the replay, for me it's not a sending-off, but anyway. Perfect."

Press: "Was there any particular reason why players like Gerrard or Torres couldn't get it together and perform?"

Benítez: "No, the referee was perfect so Torres, he didn't have any problems."

Press: "You were a goal down before the sending-off, the average observer wouldn't say you were controlling the game at half-time. Why do you say it turned the game when you were a goal down already?"

Benítez: "If you see we created a couple of chances and we have plenty of possession in the first half I was convinced we could change the game."

Press: "Can you just explain what you said about the referee?"

Benítez: "Perfect. No mistakes."

Press: "But you say he made a mistake with the sending-off."

Benítez: "Perfect."

Press: "Don't you think Torres was fortunate to escape being penalised for that elbow?"

Benítez: "The referee was perfect."

I believe he's done, I'm not too sure on the timing though. If pushed I would say before january but the finances muddy the water somewhat, they may wait until the end of the season.

Rafa isnt going anywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Liverpool need an injection from somewhere, anywhere at this stage. It is not only the results but the manner of their defeats. They look heartless and lack fighting spirit. Rafa looks clueless. Aquliani has been fit for the past month and what has he played - a half hour of Premiership football. This was his biggest summer signing and he didnt even make the bench yesterday? He no longer has the excuse of injuries so there is nowhere to hide for him now.

Worst scenario - they fail to make the Top 4 and Torres says good luck in the summer. Even worse again would be if Rafa stays on next year too. Really the owners have to take a large portion of the blame here. To give him a lucrative 5 year contract was madness. They need to get rid of him now otherwise they are on the path to oblivion. Who, I dont know, even get a temporary manager until the summer. Whoever it is, he cant do any worse.

Shall the soccer forum have an official period of mourning should rafa go?
    I know I'll miss him.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

The Muppet wrote: »
    Shall the soccer forum have an official period of mourning should rafa go?
    I know I'll miss him.;)

And eventually ill miss Torres, Reina and Riera.

Surely would be a tragedy should Benitez go :P

rarnes1 wrote: »
    What sites?

I think it started on the Rattle,but if true it could be anything new investment,something about the ground.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

I hope all yous United fans don't post here when Fergie packs it in.

CHD wrote: »

why would we post here :confused:

they'll be a separate thread called the "greatest of all time retires"

Headshot wrote: »
    they'll be a separate thread called the "greatest of all time retires"

But Bob Paisley is retired a long time.

CHD wrote: »

I would imagine we shall indeed be reminissing on his achievements when he packs it in.

• Advertisement

Paulegend wrote: »

Somebody mentioned it earlier in this thread. Look at SAF in 89/90.

Maybe win the UEFA Cup this year? Sure a Cup Winners Cup saved SAF.

Should SAF go would have been a great net thread then.

But Bob Paisley is retired a long time.

Indeed, THE best, if going on the criticisms of Rafa.

bob paisley summing up raffa in one word?

'perfect.'

hey Dub we'll see who wins with the amount of thanks we get :D

jokes a side
    I would love to see a poll added to the thread, just to see what's the general feeling about rafa
    think it could be very interesting

poll options

1) good

2) bad

3) ugly

4) perfect.

?

:pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement