Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are Liverpool ( and Rafa ) done? *Haters Gonna Hate

Comments

bob paisley summing up raffa in one word?

'perfect.'

stick to the day job ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Kirby wrote: »
    Person predicts disappointing season. Person gives reasons. Person abused by several people. Person proven right. People post "haters gonna hate" mantra.

Just thought I would outline the series of events for people not familiar. And yeh rarnes, I feel a bit vindicated tbh. You would too.
    Is that what this is all about. who is right and who isn't. very sad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

bob paisley summing up raffa in one word?

'perfect.'

You seem a little confused, like in most of your previous posts.
    Just to clear up something for you.

Bob Paisley

Managerial Honours with Liverpool 1974-1983

* Winner
    o 1975-76 League Championship
    o 1975-76 UEFA Cup
    o 1976-77 FA Community Shield
    o 1976-77 League Championship
    o 1976-77 European Cup
    o 1977-78 UEFA Super Cup
    o 1977-78 FA Community Shield
    o 1977-78 European Cup
    o 1978-79 League Championship
    o 1979-80 FA Community Shield
    o 1979-80 League Championship
    o 1980-81 FA Community Shield
    o 1980-81 Football League Cup
    o 1980-81 European Cup
    o 1981-82 Football League Cup
    o 1981-82 League Championship
    o 1982-83 FA Community Shield
    o 1982-83 Football League Cup
    o 1982-83 League Championship
    * Runner-up
    o 1974-75 League Championship
    o 1976-77 FA Cup
    o 1977-78 Football League Cup
    o 1977-78 League Championship
    o 1978-79 UEFA Super Cup
    o 1980-81 Intercontinental Cup
    * Doubles
    o 1975-76 League Championship & UEFA Cup
    o 1976-77 League Championship & European Cup
    o 1980-81 Football League Cup & European Cup
    o 1981-82 League Championship & Football League Cup
    o 1982-83 League Championship & Football League Cup

Individual Honours

* 1975/76 Manager of the Year award
    * 1976/77 Manager of the Year award
    * 1978/79 Manager of the Year award
    * 1979/80 Manager of the Year award
    * 1981/82 Manager of the Year award
    * 1982/83 Manager of the Year award
    * 2002 Inductee of the English Football Hall of Fame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

somthing like
    • rafa has to stay
    • im beginning to grow tired of rafa
    • he has to go
    • i blame the owners
    • other and explain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

LOL at the quotes:

• "Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second."[10]
    • "The sort of lad I'm looking for here is a kid who'll try to nutmeg Kevin Keegan in a training match... but then step aside for him in the corridor."
    • "One of the things I keep reminding players is that when you're lost in a fog, you must stick together. Then you don't get lost. If there's a secret about Liverpool, that's it."
    • "This is the second time I've beaten the Germans here... the first time was in 1944. I drove into Rome on a tank when the city was liberated." - Paisley after Liverpool won the European Cup in Rome in 1977.[9]
    • "I tell you something, they shot the wrong Kennedy." - Commenting on Alan Kennedy's debut as a Liverpool player.[11]
    • "If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."[12]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Paisley

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

The Muppet wrote: »
    I would imagine we shall indeed be reminissing on his achievements when he packs it in.
    And talking about them for 20 years while winning sweet feck all :)

The European CUP.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Shall the soccer forum have an official period of mourning should rafa go?
    I know I'll miss him.;)
    Mourn not Rafa but for the haters. Who will they hate once he goes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

what are you on about

Im not on about bob paisleys record, more like raffas

erm, record.

ease up will you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

CHD wrote: »
    And talking about them for 20 years while winning sweet feck all :)

I'm sure Fergie will be remembered long after 20 years my friend.

As for winning nothing, i'm willing to wait and see. A few seasons without trophies wouldn't bother me to be honest. Winning all the time gets a little boring, take my word for it ,it's not all it's cracked up to be.

• Advertisement

your next manager

and the cycle continues

(you see I got my teeth done too)

Headshot wrote: »
    your next manager

and the cycle continues

(you see I got my teeth done too)

I quite liked Houlier.

After he'd been sacked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

what are you on about

Im not on about bob paisleys record, more like raffas

erm, record.

ease up will you

If you're gonna troll and attempt to get digs in, the least you can do is be articulate so the rest of us know what the fk you're on about.

The next manager.

I dont hate raffa, If he goes I will miss him tomfoolery as he is unique in that he would make a good go of a modern day edward lear

K-9 wrote: »
    The next manager.
    but what if he comes from one of the haters clubs?

If you're gonna troll and attempt to get digs in, the least you can do is be articulate so the rest of us know what the fk you're on about.

as confused as raffas post match interviews even?

like who ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

liverpool arnt gone but rafa is...im a liverpol fan and will have a big smile when rafa gets the sack!...this is HS squad he built it he bought every player but gerrard and carragher...its not good enough.

torres, ngog, voronin...

who in their right mind thinks that 1 striker thats good enough can make a season a success?no matter how good torres is you still need back up

hes had his chance and he fcuked up!..i hope hiddink or kenny dalglish will take over...imagine king kenny managing liverpool:)?

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    like who ?
    O'Neill for a start.

O'Neill for a start.

I didnt think of that

would you like him as next pool manager ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

O'Neill for a start.
    Hands off

To be fair he has a solid enough record. Could be Villa get the champions league spot but i say he is itching to manage at a really big club.

To be fair he has a solid enough record. Could be Villa get the champions league spot but i say he is itching to manage at a really big club.

I love the way rose tinted pool fans have a swipe at 'lesser' clubs like that.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Ah **** it, give Rafa til the end of the season. I mean, what's the worst that could happen?

14a2ae416f2dccc6117b2cebde161fc660c9ca4e_m.jpg

• Advertisement

CCCP^ wrote: »
    Ah **** it, give Rafa til the end of the season. I mean, what's the worst that could happen?

14a2ae416f2dccc6117b2cebde161fc660c9ca4e_m.jpg

something like that lol

Your god self mentioned Rednapp, others mentioned MON, McCleish, Hodgson etc.

Do you not know, once they become pool managers they are crap.

Its punishment for Paisley, Shankley, Fagan and Dalglish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Gee thanks, there is no way O'Neill would join Liverpool.

I hear George Graham is job hunting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Your god self mentioned Rednapp, others mentioned MON, McCleish, Hodgson etc.

Do you not know, once they become pool managers they are crap.

Its punishment for Paisley, Shankley, Fagan and Dalglish.

It would be a daunting task for any manager taking over Pool right now with the money situation. Best situation for Pool as far as I can see would be an announcement tomorrow of a takeover and some rich arabs coming in, tossing out Rafa and bringing in someone like Hiddink and handing him a chequebook and a guarentee of at least 3 years in charge.

Carlsberg don't do press conferences......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I hear George Graham is job hunting.

nah, he could never win a game at Anfield by two clear goals.

mmmmm

they could bring dario gradi down?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

mmmmm

they could bring dario gradi down?!

Is your Username any reference to the Gentleman's club of the same name in Liverpool mate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

When was the last time liverpool where at 8th around Christmas and where did they end up at the end of that season? just wondering personaly I think liverpool still have a good chance of making the top 4 because teams seem to be loosing more this year and it's still very tight in 3-8

Is your Username any reference to the Gentleman's club of the same name in Liverpool mate?

possibly....

lolz

it was an introduction to life on L4...:)

And, no i didnt avail of services. I had enough offers in nearby chippers, possibly due to my cute hoor accent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Actually O'Neill or Hodgson would be realistic possibilities.
    What they dont need is Scolari or Sven.

possibly....

lolz

And, no i didnt avail of services. I had enough offers in nearby chippers, possibly due to my cute hoor accent

The cute hoor accent served me well in the past also. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

possibly....

lolz

Haha :D

I was over there for a game with a few lads (Liverpool 3-0 Sunderland :() a couple of seasons back and we ended up there.

Yeah the Irish accent works an absolute charm on lasses, anywhere in The UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Warper wrote: »
    Actually O'Neill or Hodgson would be realistic possibilities.

i dont rate mon all that highly, but why would he move from running the entire show with a chairman who'll back him with whatever he wants to liverpool?

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    i dont rate mon all that highly, but why would he move from running the entire show with a chairman who'll back him with whatever he wants to liverpool?

TBH I was the same about MON but this year hats off. Throughout his managerial career his teams have all progessed. He has bought wisely and has cover for nearly all positions. If someone gets injured it doesnt affect the overall effectiveness of the team. He knows how to build a team and I think he has deserved his chance to manage a Top 4 club.

I think he has deserved his chance to manage a Top 4 club.

hes currently managing one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

TBH I was the same about MON but this year hats off. Throughout his managerial career his teams have all progessed. He has bought wisely and has cover for nearly all positions. If someone gets injured it doesnt affect the overall effectiveness of the team. He knows how to build a team and I think he has deserved his chance to manage a Top 4 club.

but will Villa stay in the top 4 and can they really expect to compete for the premiership in the next few years?

ill put it like this. lets say villa and liverpool finish in 5th and 6th(doesnt matter who is in which position). starting a fresh season with the same players who would you prefer to manage? villa or the pool?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

hes currently managing one

he was last season aswell but he never lasted the pace. can he this time? i dont think they can last the season. villa can go out and beat united or arsenal or any real top 4 team and lose to burnley the following week. they wont last all year

Paulegend wrote: »
    he was last season aswell but he never lasted the pace. can he this time? i dont think they can last the season. villa can go out and beat united or arsenal or any real top 4 team and lose to burnley the following week. they wont last all year

thats not a given

we're better equipped for it this year

only city have lost less than us

well actually thats pretty much what pool do.lol

but will Villa stay in the top 4 and can they really expect to compete for the premiership in the next few years?

ill put it like this. lets say villa and liverpool finish in 5th and 6th(doesnt matter who is in which position). starting a fresh season with the same players who would you prefer to manage? villa or the pool?

A damning indictment of Rafa is there is very little between the current Liverpool and Villa team. Granted there is no Gerrard or Torres in the current Villa side but thats about it. Liverpool could do with a Dunne, Ashley young or Milner in their side as they have a poor squad. The reality is not what players you want to manage but what club. Liverpool are traditionally a Top 4 side (I know not currently) and a bigger club than Villa (no disrespect intended) so the question is would he prefer to manage Villa or Liverpool, I dont know his answer.

This year Villa are much better prepared to finish in the Top 4 as they have no European committments and they have successfully replaced Laursen with Dunne. Villa do struggle at home especially as they are a counter-attacking side but Spurs are dodgy, Liverpool are finished so really it is between Villa and City for fourth place.

thats not a given

we're better equipped for it this year

only city have lost less than us

Your dead right. And Spurs have a much better chance of lasting longer this season too. Everythings going to be hard fought this season and will be more pleasing than ever for whoever wins or gets a top four spot.

When was the last time liverpool where at 8th around Christmas and where did they end up at the end of that season? just wondering personaly I think liverpool still have a good chance of making the top 4 because teams seem to be loosing more this year and it's still very tight in 3-8

Guessing here, Souness?

Bad and all as he was, not as bad as SAF.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Guessing here, Souness?

Bad and all as he was, not as bad as SAF.

I think he is referring to 1981/82 when we were 8th at christmas and won it.

Slightly more than fanciful though for this season as we'd need to win our last 20 games really which is about as likely as losing our last 20 games. It was a different league, and we ahd a couple of games in hand I think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement