Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are Liverpool ( and Rafa ) done? *Haters Gonna Hate

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

5starpool wrote: »
    I think he is referring to 1981/82 when we were 8th at christmas and won it.

Slightly more than fanciful though for this season as we'd need to win our last 20 games really which is about as likely as losing our last 20 games. It was a different league, and we ahd a couple of games in hand I think.

Yep, remember that.

Where was Arsenal last year?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Martin O'Neill. No thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

My choice would be Rikjaard. Has managed a top european team and has a bit of spirit to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

My choice would be Rikjaard. Has managed a top european team and has a bit of spirit to him.

Rijkaard is over rated. He just happened to have Ronaldinho at his peak.

Ush1 wrote: »
    Rijkaard is over rated. He just happened to have Ronaldinho at his peak.
    One player doesnt make a team!

• Advertisement

If the worst were to happen an Rafa got the bullet Id say Kenny would be a cert to take over. Id be reluctant to take a punt on someone like Rikjaard in the English League. Klinsman would be a disaster altogether. God know what may happen with those yanks.

One player doesnt make a team!

No, he had other good players also, but Ronaldinho dragged them through alot of games alone, particularly in Europe.

If the worst were to happen an Rafa got the bullet Id say Kenny would be a cert to take over. Id be reluctant to take a punt on someone like Rikjaard in the English League. Klinsman would be a disaster altogether. God know what may happen with those yanks.
    I wouldnt think Kenny would be a long term choice especially given what happened with Keegan second time round at Newcastle. Also I dont think he would be up for full time pressures of job. I mentioned Harry Redknapp yesterday just as a manager to bring the feel good factor back but hear his finances are under scrutiny

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1237287/Farcical-tax-inquiry-Harry-Redknapp-impact-job-Tottenham.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Dalglish – No
    Rijkaard – No
    Klinsmann – No
    O’Neill – No
    Redknapp – No

Dalglish – No
    Rijkaard – No
    Klinsmann – No
    O’Neill – No
    Redknapp – No

Rafa - YES!

Im in agreement there anyway. End of the season to turn it around.

• Advertisement

Dalglish – No
    Rijkaard – No
    Klinsmann – No
    O’Neill – No
    Redknapp – No
    So who WOULD you pick?

Hiddink - unlikely
    Mourinho – don’t really want him, but he’s quality
    Laurent Blanc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Hiddink - unlikely
    Mourinho dont really want him, but hes quality
    Laurent Blanc?
    Keep ye're hands off blanc

What about slavan Bilic. He was touted as one of the best managers around a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

Avram Grant - a safe pair of hands until the summer, then get Martin O'Neill.

I also quite like Roy Hodgson, and he has big club experience from Inter Milan.

David Moyes must surely be a target also.

Need a change to stop this fiasco!

no

You are joking. David Moyes. Manager of Everton. Sure that will go down well in Goodison Park.

Fergie.

Cue the meltdown of boards.ie

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Fergie.

Cue the meltdown of boards.ie
    Rarnes1 it was nice knowing you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Ush1 wrote: »
    No, he had other good players also, but Ronaldinho dragged them through alot of games alone, particularly in Europe.

So. He would have Torres at his peak. And that Gerrard player ain't too bad either.

• Advertisement

You are joking. David Moyes. Manager of Everton. Sure that will go down well in Goodison Park.

Moyes isn't a scouser, he never played for Everton. We have more cash than them and he's a quality manager, so why not! I'd rather MO'N or Hodgson, though.

Avram Grant till the summer and MO'N/Hodgson after.

Hiddink and Lippi have both said they're not interested in club management again.

PHB wrote: »
    So. He would have Torres at his peak. And that Gerrard player ain't too bad either.

Erm, yeah, but Ronaldinho of 04-06 was a million miles away from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Sven

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Sven
    god forget about him. And to be fair he would have a good relationship with Stevie G from time with England

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Yeah, just get him. Sure he'd be dying to leave Villa :rolleyes:

God I hope Rafa gets sacked and whoever takes over instructs security to prevent Lucas from entering Anfield/Melwood, cancel his swipe card etc and tell him (via text message) that his contract has been terminated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Has to be Hughes.

Boggles wrote: »
    Has to be Hughes.

Please God NO.....NOOOOOOOOOOO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

God I hope Rafa gets sacked and whoever takes over instructs security to prevent Lucas from entering Anfield/Melwood, cancel his swipe card etc and tell him (via text message) that his contract has been terminated.

Lol these sort of posts are pathetic. I think it has just become 'cool' to hate Lucas.

Funny that he's been the team's best midfielder regularly this season, unlike that real red Stevie G.

• Advertisement

Please God NO.....NOOOOOOOOOOO

Why not, got Blackburn to 6th, 4 points off 4th.

Players always seem to like him and respond to him, and would prob take Bellamy with him.

no to Sven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Lol these sort of posts are pathetic. I think it has just become 'cool' to hate Lucas.

Funny that he's been the team's best midfielder regularly this season, unlike that real red Stevie G.

thank you that a non-Liverpool fan has said this.

lucas, while not ever brilliant, has been easily our most solid and reliable midfielder over the course of the first half of the season.

masch has only got going recently.

Players always seem to like him and respond to him, and would prob take Bellamy with him.

Not a bad record admittedly, but I'd prefer Bruce/MO'N/Hodgson/Moyes...even Avram Grant (just till the summer).

Personally I just don't like Hughes and Bellamy is a toe-rag.

That doesn't make him an upgrade on Benitez. You and i both know he isn't.
    I don't want Bellamy back at Anfield, good player though he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i don't really want Hughes.

but if Rafa were to be gone tomorrow, he'd be near enough the top of the available ones.

but he can't seem to sort out a defence, which would be any prospective manager's first job.

i mean ffs, that's what rafa should be doing.

but i'd rather keep Rafa thanks.

• Advertisement

That doesn't make him an upgrade on Benitez. You and i both know he isn't.

This does amuse me.

If Rafa has lost the lot.

You'd be an upgrade.

This does amuse me.

If Rafa has lost the lot.

You'd be an upgrade.

what?

what?

What is needed is freshness.

A new manager alone would bring this, whatever about past achievements.

Hughes?? :pac::pac:

Good one Boggles.

Ye can have him when Fergie finishes up.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Hughes?? :pac::pac:

Good one Boggles.

Ye can have him when Fergie finishes up.

Whats wrong with Hughes?

Prob the best young manager in the league.

Has proven he can work within a club with no money, has an eye for a bargain, Santa Cruz.

Gets the best out of players the irk of Bellamy.

And most importantly he has just finished up managing a club that has been constantly ahead of Liverpool in the league this season.

• Advertisement

Whats wrong with Hughes?

Has proven he can work within a club with no money, has an eye for a bargain, Santa Cruz.

And most importantly he has just finished up managing a club that has been constantly ahead of Liverpool in the league this season.

having spent 200m and during Liverpool's worst ever period under Rafa

Santa Cruz is hugely over-rated by the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Laurent Blanc?

Guaranteed to be the next France manager after the World Cup though, can see him having a crack at that before considering another club job.

He's doing a tremendous job at Bordeaux though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Mark Hughes :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

MON has said No Thanks? Sweet, always knew he'd stick with a decent club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

God i hope this post is a pisstake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Whats wrong with Hughes?

Funniest post i've seen in ages. Thanks for the giggles.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Bandit12 wrote: »
    God i hope this post is a pisstake.

Dont mean to go OT here, and i'm not having a go however while Lucas hasn't been playing too bad he hasn't exactly been steller either. Middle of the road at Best. What i mean is he hasn't done anything wrong mistake wise etc but he hasn't exactly been doing anything great.....

The fact that he is one of Liverpools top performers this season worries me no end.....

I think he's an ok Squad player though.....(middle of the road :p)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

SlickRic wrote: »
    thank you that a non-Liverpool fan has said this.

lucas, while not ever brilliant, has been easily our most solid and reliable midfielder over the course of the first half of the season.

masch has only got going recently.
    I don't watch Liverpool play that often, but when I do I always watch Lucas closely because I hear so many bad things about him... yet he usually impresses me. Does the same role that Denilson does and does it well. Good all-round link player who puts in a good shift and contributes both defensively and offensively. Good in most areas if exceptional in few. Important role in the 4-2-3-1 formation that gets used so much these days but isn't properly appreciated yet.

I imagine in a couple of years someone will make the role his own and then we'll have it swing the other way, where everyone starts going on about how you absolutely must have the Lucas role.

'Ok so you've got your Makelele, who where is your Lucas? That team is waaay unbalanced!'

I don't watch Liverpool play that often, but when I do I always watch Lucas closely because I hear so many bad things about him... yet he usually impresses me. Does the same role that Denilson does and does it well. Good all-round link player who puts in a good shift and contributes both defensively and offensively. Good in most areas if exceptional in few. Important role in the 4-2-3-1 formation that gets used so much these days but isn't properly appreciated yet.

I imagine in a couple of years someone will make the role his own and then we'll have it swing the other way, where everyone starts going on about how you absolutely must have the Lucas role.

'Ok so you've got your Makelele, who where is your Lucas? That team is waaay unbalanced!'
    Will say it again. Two holding midfielders makes it very easy for opposition defences. I dont see Lucas spraying the ball about like Alonso and Masch only does it occassionally. But with Masch out for four games we may see a style of play in next few weeks. watch this space

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

He will be gone when the fans turn, by the sounds of what is being said here some who were behind him have. Whats the word on the ground from the locals, are they starting to turn?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement