Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are Liverpool ( and Rafa ) done? *Haters Gonna Hate

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

ah remember this joke..must be about babel...

Rafael Benitez: "Our new Winger cost five million. I call him our wonder player"
    Sir Alex Ferguson: "Why's that?"
    Rafael Benitez: "Everytime he plays I wonder why I bothered to buy him!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

mink_man wrote: »

Rafael Benitez: "Our new Winger cost five million. I call him our wonder player"

my god that is brutal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

Headshot wrote: »
    my god that is brutal

im not takin credit for it anyways...haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

mink_man wrote: »

comeback jimmy tarbuck all is forgiven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

lets all have a whip round for rafa and sort this aguero to chelsea situation, i've got a tenner

Lets just buy Emile for 50 million to make this season the most embarrassing season we've ever had. Sure lets get ****ing relegated aswell. Such a fúcking joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Johner wrote: »
    Why would you cry if he went to Chelsea? :)

Chelsea have been linked/after Aguero since 2005 when he was playing for Independiente.

i think you will find that liverpool where the first european team linked with Aguero before he left south America

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Paulegend wrote: »
    i think you will find that liverpool where the first european team linked with Aguero before he left south America

Fair play to them :rolleyes:

keane2097 wrote: »
    Fair play to them :rolleyes:

now thats just annoying:cool:

now thats just annoying:cool:

Why, do you consider it an achievement or something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

worst thing that can happen lads is Torres goes back to spain and heskey and fowler return to their rightful place they call home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

yis are welcome to heskey, can yis afford him tho?

Helix wrote: »
    yis are welcome to heskey, can yis afford him tho?
    what do you mean can we afford him. as we speak we are slaughtering the fatted calf to welcome back our prodigal son

we'd probably give yis him plus £4m for babel if yis asked nicely tbh

Helix wrote: »
    we'd probably give yis him plus £4m for babel if yis asked nicely tbh
    you can whistle for it and you still wont get a cent for him. Two words for you. Free transfer.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Why, do you consider it an achievement or something?

i was making a statement but guessing who you support i shouldnt be suprised youd find a reason to say something stupid

i was making a statement but guessing who you support i shouldnt be suprised youd find a reason to say something stupid
    word of advice for all our pool posters for next year. Dont react. I.G.N.O.R.E.

you can whistle for it and you still wont get a cent for him. Two words for you. Free transfer.

why would we give heskey away when brum and wigan are reportedly ready to offer in the region of £4m for the donkey?

Luca toni will be leaving bayern in jan
    Thats a free transfer for liverpool right there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Luca toni will be leaving bayern in jan
    Thats a free transfer for liverpool right there

Luca Toni would be great, or RVN.

Usually statements have a point to them. Yours didn't.

Never mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Toni, a headless chicken not work the 100k or so a week he gets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

as we speak we are slaughtering the fatted calf to welcome back our prodigal son

:eek: Who's going to manage you's then?:D

Toni, a headless chicken not work the 100k or so a week he gets.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Ofc2tPper1Q/SMAmGjZ8yTI/AAAAAAAAAeU/MYJTKLkUQkc/s320/MikeTheHeadlessChicken.jpg Shíte on crosses I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

mayordenis wrote: »

What would you say to Pandev, he is available on a free and a great player when his heads in the game but a bit temperamental.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Bump.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

spockety wrote: »
    Bump.

Damn you spockety let it die.:)
    It would have been bumped pretty quick if we Hadn't beaten Wolves I'm sure.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Bump.

why is it being bumped this time?

Liverpool beat Wolves only after they went down to ten men. Its not like that was an emphatic statement that everthing is better nor is it obviously a sign that rafa and they are finsihed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Bump.

Aren't you the guy who whinges constantly about Man Utd fans teasing you? Why bump this thread now? You're only asking for trouble next time Liverpool lose.

Bump.

Spockety you should of let it die

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Liverpool were far from convincing to be fair and needed a sending off to really turn the game in their favour.

Aquilani wasn't anything spectacular either (yes I know it was his first league start).

Jury's still out really and nothing's changed.

Seeing as Spockety was so good as to bring this thread back to the top of the page:

www.football365.com

TORRES LOSING HEART AT LIVERPOOL?
    In terms of interest, one of the biggest stories of the day has to be the News of the World's declaration that 'Fernando Torres' long- term loyalty for Liverpool is being stretched to its limit with the club battling to keep him beyond this season.'

But how much is there to the story? Well, to be truthful, it's not exactly convincing.

The extracts that matter are these: 'The Spaniard has become troubled by the shambolic events on and off the pitch in recent months and is seeking assurances the club will sort themselves out before the start of next season', 'Both City and the Blues are preparing renewed offers', and 'Liverpool's alarming slump is leading him to a similar situation where his heart is at his current club but he may be forced to move on.'

As Transfer Gossip often mutters in such situations: Hmmm.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Liverpool were far from convincing to be fair and needed a sending off to really turn the game in their favour.

Aquilani wasn't anything spectacular either (yes I know it was his first league start).

Jury's still out really and nothing's changed.
    villa will be crunch game. Will be watching out for them tonight to see how they fare against the gunners. I think people are underplaying win a bit. Yes we were against ten men but united played against their reserves. Quality of crossing has improved i feel in last few games. Have noticed a big change there.

villa will be crunch game. Will be watching out for them tonight to see how they fare against the gunners. I think people are underplaying win a bit. Yes we were against ten men but united played against their reserves. Quality of crossing has improved i feel in last few games. Have noticed a big change there.

Irrelevant to Liverpool's currrent form to be fair.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Spockety you should of let it die

The only way this thread dies is if Liverpool do not drop a single point before the end of the season. It will always sit there somewhere deep (or not so deep) in the Soccer pages, to be used as the vehicle it has become whenever a point is lost. That was the point of my bump. This thread would have appeared at the top of the forum at 7.25pm yesterday if a single point had been dropped. It does not exist to promote reasoned debate, it exists as a point of focused fury.

The only way this thread dies is if Liverpool do not drop a single point before the end of the season. It will always sit there somewhere deep (or not so deep) in the Soccer pages, to be used as the vehicle it has become whenever a point is lost. That was the point of my bump. This thread would have appeared at the top of the forum at 7.25pm yesterday if a single point had been dropped. It does not exist to promote reasoned debate, it exists as a point of focused fury.

By posting in and contributing to the thread you become part of the problem, not the solution.:)

The thread serves a purpose - to keep all the debate in one place and stop threads popping up every few weeks (or weekly). Ideally it should all just be in the Pool discussion thread tbh, but then there would be moaning about thread spoiling and what not.

There was nothing stopping a gloating Pool fan from bumping it at 7.25pm yesterday.

or maybe even Robinho. taken off in last two games now. Think Mancini is a man we can do business with!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

The result flattered a little bit, You could argue wolves were unlucky with their chances and that gerrard shouldn't have even been on the pitch for his goal. Not to mention lucas losing most of his body weight and going down like a train hit him for the sending off.

People are quick to jump on liverpool when the worst happens, but it's been the same all season. Quick to say chelsea have it wrapped up, that arsenal are out of the title race ( the loss at chelsea ). It's just been a very exciting season and normally when you can call these things in december / jan. You can't this season because of the unpredictability (sp)

or maybe even Robinho. taken off in last two games now. Think Mancini is a man we can do business with!

Lol you can have him.

Definitely not the solution to Liverpool's problems, or City's for that matter. He was awful again yesterday in a game where he should have stepped up in front of the new manager.

He has been great for us in spells but is becoming too much of a luxury player unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

This thread would have appeared at the top of the forum at 7.25pm yesterday if a single point had been dropped. It does not exist to promote reasoned debate, it exists as a point of focused fury.

It's Christmas, Focused Fury has been put on hold.

Lol you can have him.

Definitely not the solution to Liverpool's problems, or City's for that matter. He was awful again yesterday in a game where he should have stepped up in front of the new manager.

He has been great for us in spells but is becoming too much of a luxury player unfortunately.
    Yes he looked a bit out of sorts from highlights i saw. A new club might revive his career ahead of world cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Yes he looked a bit out of sorts from highlights i saw. A new club might revive his career ahead of world cup

Robinho, in my opinion has been so so dissapointing... its a shame, he is really talented but just never seems up for it....

I'd love him at Liverpool though :pac:

Robinho, in my opinion has been so so dissapointing... its a shame, he is really talented but just never seems up for it....

I'd love him at Liverpool though :pac:
    Yes interesting footage of him on MOTD last night. First clip when he was taken off in previous match he went straight to the dressingroom. This time round he saw sense. But yeah think he could play in a John Barnes type free role for us with Lucas playing behind him on occassions when he gives possession away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Yup, those who claim an interest in 'discussion' and talk about how 'the Rafa issue is genuinely fascinating' lose all credibility when they don't come in here to review the wins; but can post for hours straight in the aftermath of a draw or defeat. Ho hum, HatersGonnaHate.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Robinho:

political-pictures-do-not-want-surprised-guy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

now that we conquered wolves. In rafa i trust again ha

Our former keeper keeping in Villa game in the game. Listening to game on radio. Looking forward to watching game later

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

There was nothing stopping a gloating Pool fan from bumping it at 7.25pm yesterday.

a bit of decency puts a stop to it.
    We shouldn't really be encouraging bumpbing threads for a bit of gloating and what not.

• Advertisement

a bit of decency puts a stop to it.
    We shouldn't really be encouraging bumpbing threads for a bit of gloating and what not.
    Agreed. Nothing stopping us at all. Except we dont need to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement