Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are Liverpool ( and Rafa ) done? *Haters Gonna Hate

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Liverpool were rubbish yet again, never really played with any confidence until Wolves went down to 10 men. It was good to see aquilani get a start, I wasn't impressed by what I saw, a few good passes , a lot of bread an butter ones and a couple of bad ones, nothing exceptional but he's not macth fit so he may well improve.

The next two games will tell all about Liverpools seasons, they need maximum points for them to have a realistic chance of finishing top 4 IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

mayordenis wrote: »
    Luca Toni would be great, or RVN.

Just saw this. Luca Toni would be a trap signing. He is one of the higher paid players in the world, will turn 33 in May, has demonstrated a regression in his abilities over the past 12 months - and is likely to see very limited playing time until he leaves Bayern. I think it is unlikely that he regains past form and, as such, despite the fact that there will be no transfer fee he will probably represent poor value relative to the signing on fee and wages he will command.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

The Muppet wrote: »
    Liverpool were rubbish yet again, never really played with any confidence until Wolves went down to 10 men. It was good to see aquilani get a start, I wasn't impressed by what I saw, a few good passes , a lot of bread an butter ones and a couple of bad ones, nothing exceptional but he's not macth fit so he may well improve.

The next two games will tell all about Liverpools seasons, they need maximum points for them to have a realistic chance of finishing top 4 IMO.
    Yes to be fair to aquilani he is improving with every game. Good result for us today. A win tomorrow and we are right back in business.

Ardent wrote: »
    6 seasons without a title. Not sure why some Liverpool fans believe this guy is capable of delivering an English league title.

If he does get pushed, I'd be happy with either Hiddink or Capello as replacements.
    Capello for the Liverpool job? You are aware the world cup finals are taking place this summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

What ?? Rafa, done... erm no there not... lets move on.. villa in trouble ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

yeah-baby.gif

mike65 wrote: »
    yeah-baby.gif
    Lads show a bit of restraint. Go go fernando

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

thatl shut all you haters up!

well done to torres breaking yet another liverpool record <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

one thing that baffles me is who are the haters ?

• Advertisement

LOL @ Villa fans starting threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Just saw this. Luca Toni would be a trap signing. He is one of the higher paid players in the world, will turn 33 in May, has demonstrated a regression in his abilities over the past 12 months - and is likely to see very limited playing time until he leaves Bayern. I think it is unlikely that he regains past form and, as such, despite the fact that there will be no transfer fee he will probably represent poor value relative to the signing on fee and wages he will command.

That and he's basically signed for Roma.

Ush1 wrote: »
    That and he's basically signed for Roma.
    stay on topic. We are trying to enjoy our moment here

hmm I think Rafa is on for manager of the month for December..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Liverpool 4 wins in 18.

Got lucky tonight with a 90th minute goal.

Still rubbish.

Rafa still the wrong man.

/thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Yup, those who claim an interest in 'discussion' and talk about how 'the Rafa issue is genuinely fascinating' lose all credibility when they don't come in here to review the wins; but can post for hours straight in the aftermath of a draw or defeat. Ho hum, HatersGonnaHate.jpg

Well lads does this mean the season has turned around? Can see ye beating Spurs handy enough next time out as well.

I think ye're a shoe in for fourth, always were. But is that worthy of gloating over in all honesty?

Patchy at best performance tonight, its hard to pick out a liverpool player who was more than 6/10.

Villa fan here, not looking at opening a Man U / Liverpool debate. But - whats your opinions on Liverpool's current situation? I personally believe 1) they ARE a 2 man team 2) they have overperformed the past 2 seasons 3 ) Rafa is too stubborn and is a key reason they are where they are now and 4) they will be 6th this year. So far already Villa, Spurs, Chelsea and Sunderland have beat them, and the challengers to the big 4 already have points and arguably the more difficult games behind them. What dya reckon?
    think again.

Hope he was joking about the 50 euro bet major LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

Headshot wrote: »
    one thing that baffles me is who are the haters ?

all the people slagging our awful season maby?...united are gona finish 2/3 with fcuk all while liverpool can possibly finish with a nice little double:D

marko91 wrote: »
    all the people slagging our awful season maby?...united are gona finish 2/3 with fcuk all while liverpool can possibly finish with a nice little double:D

do you not think they were right to slag ?

out of the CL, outside the 4

• Advertisement

do you not think they were right to slag ?

out of the CL, outside the 4
    Not that early in the season

Not that early in the season

its christmas now and im pretty sure people are still slagging, so they were right

its christmas now and im pretty sure people are still slagging, so they were right
    What will it take to put this thread to bed. A siliver bullet. A stake through the heart. We are now just two points off Villa. All is changed, changed utterly, a terrible beauty is born

What will it take to put this thread to bed. A siliver bullet. A stake through the heart. We are now just two points of fourth spot. All is changed, changed utterly, a terrible beauty is born

tell that to the liverpool fan that bumped this

this thread was created because liverpool are having a very bad season, last season ye became close to winning the league but now a 4th place finish is looked upon as a success

What will it take to put this thread to bed. A siliver bullet. A stake through the heart. We are now just two points off Villa. All is changed, changed utterly, a terrible beauty is born

Look who bumped it.:confused:

tell that to the liverpool fan that bumped this

this thread was created because liverpool are having a very bad season, last season ye became close to winning the league but now a 4th place finish is looked upon as a success
    And im sure if villa finished fourth it would be considered a success. OP asked are we done. claiming fourth spot would imply we are not. are we at least agreed on that criteria?

The re-evaluation of what constitutes success on the part of Liverpool fans from the start of the season to 4 short months later is an complete and utter justification for the existence of this thread to be perfectly honest.:)

flahavaj wrote: »
    The re-evaluation of what constitutes success on the part of Liverpool fans from the start of the season to 4 short months later is an complete and utter justification for the existence of this thread to be perfectly honest.:)
    Okay we have secured a champions league spot for the past five or six seasons. Under Houllier we were nowhere near that. Im asking again what is the criteria for Liverpool being done. I would think for me it would mean
    a. Failing to secure a champions league spot.
    b. Failing to hold unto Torres

They are the two essentials for me

Look who bumped it.:confused:

Thread wasnt bumped! was in CP

z o m b i e thread.. according to Man U supporters.. thanks.

• Advertisement

And im sure if villa finished fourth it would be considered a success. OP asked are we done. claiming fourth spot would imply we are not. are we at least agreed on that criteria?

im pretty sure the criteria at he start of the season was CL success and leading in the PL like ye were last season iirc

now look where ye are 7th in the league and in the europa league

personally I think the op was right to create this thread and has been vindicated since

im pretty sure the criteria at he start of the season was CL success and leading in the PL like ye were last season iirc

personally I think the op was right to create this thread and has been vindicated since
    Question was are we done. Answer not yet.

Question was are we done. Answer not yet.

wow

Headshot how has the op been vindicated, come end of season if we are out of the running in all comp then the question will be answered, but please grow up and stop trolling.

wow

Troll..

wow
    Really you can not win here. Think there has to be some sort of middle ground here. We just beat a team that most are challenging for a top four place. The lack of balance is unreal sometimes. anyway let us enjoy our victory.

• Advertisement

Headshot how has the op been vindicated, come end of season if we are out of the running in all comp then the question will be answered, but please grow up and stop trolling.

he has been vindicated because of many variables
    no CL soccer
    no carling cup
    7th in the league

and he was right ye overperformed last season

Okay we have secured a champions league spot for the past five or six seasons. Under Houllier we were nowhere near that. Im asking again what is the criteria for Liverpool being done. I would think for me it would mean
    a. Failing to secure a champions league spot.
    b. Failing to hold unto Torres

They are the two essentials for me

My point is in September the criteria for success was a good run at the title. The goalposts have moved a long way.

If merely getting to the CL and holding onto Nando is the now the height of liverpool's ambition, then achieving such a thing is something that should be celebrated quietly (if at all) as the minor success that it really is for a club of liverpool's calibre.

Really you can not win here. Think there has to be some sort of middle ground here. We just beat a team that most are challenging for a top four place. The lack of balance is unreal sometimes. anyway let us enjoy our victory.

that's the thing bay you dont get it

you shouldnt need to challenge for 4th place, ye should be challenging for 1st

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Look everyone right now, we're showing some signs that we may be over the worst of it realistically we would need to win 10 or so of our next 12 prem games before we can will look out of the woods,
    people keep saying we're only 2 points behind Villa, that's great or whatever but now we need to look at Spurs who we're 4 points behind, and Man City who we could be 5 points behind if they win their game in hand.

Lukily for us it's Spurs up next, if we win that, we'll have taken 9 points from 3 games in a row for the first time this season, and more importantly I think dealt a significant and timely blow to Villa and Spurs - who I mean no disrespect to.

If we can win that game I think we'll be looking at keeping the momentum going and we could put a serious push on.

Are Liverpool done? nobody knows.
    Should this thread be done? I sure ****in hope so.

Bay dont feed the trolls. !! dont do it!

• Advertisement

Look everyone right now, we're showing some signs that we may be over the worst of it realistically we would need to win 10 or so of our next 12 prem games before we can will look out of the woods,
    people keep saying we're only 2 points behind Villa, that's great or whatever but now we need to look at Spurs who we're 4 points behind, and Man City who we could be 5 points behind if they win their game in hand.

Lukily for us it's Spurs up next, if we win that, we'll have taken 9 points from 3 games in a row for the first time this season, and more importantly I think dealt a significant and timely blow to Villa and Spurs - who I mean no disrespect to.

If we can win that game I think we'll be looking at keeping the momentum going and we could put a serious push on.

Are Liverpool done? nobody knows.
    Should this thread be done? I sure ****in hope so.
    good post denis

that's the thing bay you dont get it

you shouldnt need to challenge for 4th place, ye should be challenging for 1st
    I get it alright. We have had a bad start of the season. And yet still we are only two points off Villa. Getting knocked out of champions league was very bad. But tonights win was absolutely massive.

I get it alright. We have had a bad start of the season. And yet still we are only two points off Villa. Getting knocked out of champions league was very bad. But tonights win was absolutely massive.

it was massive alright and ye seem to getting back slowly to peak performance but far rosy compared to last season

fair play bay at least you can have a discussion with, pity about some posters

If I'd sais to you in the summer you'd be two points off Villa at the turm of the year you'd have laughed in my face.

As I said, if I was a Liverpool fan, I'd be fairly muted in my celebration of this latest victory.

Fourth is assured, more to do with the ineptitude of the opposition than anything else.

I sure ****in hope so.

So when does the thread baiting stop, when we beat spurs? or at the end of the season.

So when does "wow" consummate discussion headshot..

Well Babel had a good chance with the header and thought Villa were always playing for draw despite what O'Neill said. Yes they had a bit of spell near the end but overall liverpool did a lot of the pressing tonight.

Troll..
    Bay dont feed the trolls. !! dont do it!
    So when does the thread baiting stop, when we beat spurs? or at the end of the season.

This is the shít that gives other pool fans a bad name.

We won tonight btw, enjoy the victory.

I dont know where your getting this baiting from

you bump the thread so i presume you wanted a serious discussion ?

my wow was explained in post 3189

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Hell no, we aren't happy with this season.

Hopefully it will be similar to Arsenal last season and we can kick on and look back at this as a blip.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    This is the shít that gives other pool fans a bad name.

Good work with the quotes, we were doing fine till the haters came along thanks for the concern.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement