Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are Liverpool ( and Rafa ) done? *Haters Gonna Hate

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Boggles wrote: »
    Seriously mate, I just had a quick read of you posts in the Liverpool thread, you have 7. 6 of them are giving out about the thread.

How the fúck is that contributing to anything?

thats some good stalking you've done right there, mate. :rolleyes:

i am merely stating you'd imagine people would be sick of arguing bout the same things all the fucking time. im sorry i'm repeating myself but im sure if i went back through your last hundred posts in the thread i'd find some repetition. whats the point in contributing anything to a thread dominated by the same crap all the time. My posts merely reflected that opinion.

@bvc: I seen Pacheco against bohs and he was very very good. looks like rafa picked up a very good player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

DrumSteve wrote: »
    thats some good stalking you've done right there, mate. :rolleyes:

i am merely stating you'd imagine people would be sick of arguing bout the same things all the fucking time. im sorry i'm repeating myself but im sure if i went back through your last hundred posts in the thread i'd find some repetition. whats the point in contributing anything to a thread dominated by the same crap all the time. My posts merely reflected that opinion.

No stalking, I pulled your 7 posts up in 3 seconds.

I have never seen you on the thread, thats why I did it.

You offer nothing to the thread but yet you give out about it.

Very Strange. :confused:

To be fair Boggles he was just asking for a bit more quality in the posting. a valid post I would think

All his 7 posts offer apart from 1 is giving out about the thread, no valid point, no right to complain.

His posts offer nothing, what gives him the right to have a go at others.

All his 7 posts offer apart from 1 is giving out about the thread, no valid point, no right to complain.

His posts offer nothing, what gives him the right to have a go at others.

did i mention anyones names?

The only person having a go at anyone here is you.

My point was that the way the thread is it gives no one else an opportunity to discuss anything as the thread is always on the same old ****. Just because you posted in there a bit more how does that give you the right to say anything about me?

did i mention anyones names?

The only person having a go at anyone here is you.

My point was that the way the thread is it gives no one else an opportunity to discuss anything as the thread is always on the same old ****. Just because posted in there a bit more how does that give you the right to say anything about me?

By the way i'll run it by you the next time i want to make a point since your the one making up the rules around here....:pac:

Right I'll mention this again. You have 7 posts on the thread, I will list them if you like.

6 of them are giving out about the thread in the thread, you maybe have 3 more giving out about the thread in this thread.

Pattern???

Why not form an opinion about the club you support and express it, instead of giving out about what everyone else says. See, it is very simple.

• Advertisement

Right I'll mention this again. You have 7 posts on the thread, I will list them if you like.

6 of them are giving out about the thread in the thread, you maybe have 3 more giving out about the thread in this thread.

Pattern???

Why not form an opinion about the club you support and express it, instead of giving out about what everyone else says. See, it is very simple.

why do you keep posting about how many posts i have on the thread? Thats completely irrelevant. as i have said previously what im trying to say is that the nature of the thread as it currently prevents me (or posters like me) from posting in there as anything remotely not looking for a fight is caught up in a tidal wave of ****e.

Its all well and good having a go at me because I dont contribute to the thread as often as others. I would be at the point of posting but usually reading the previous 5 or so pages would put me off. I know im not the only one who thinks like this.

why do you keep posting about how many posts i have on the thread? Thats completely irrelevant. as i have said previously what im trying to say is that the nature of the thread as it currently prevents me (or posters like me) from posting in there as anything remotely not looking for a fight is caught up in a tidal wave of ****e.

Its all well and good having a go at me because I dont contribute to the thread as often as others. I would be at the point of posting but usually reading the previous 5 or so pages would put me off. I know im not the only one who thinks like this.

You don't contribute at all, Nada, Nil, Zilch, Nothing.

Form an opinion of your club, post it up, debate it.

I'll leave it there.

Don't know if this lil' fella is the reason for the name of the thread but sure anyway....

tumblr_ktdeql6IHq1qz6f9yo1_500.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Anyway to get this debate back on track this hopefully will give some posters what constraints Rafa is working under at the moment. thanks to whatawhaster for this by the way. Taken from our main thread.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle6977050.ece

Quote:
    Rafael Benítez is unlikely to be given any of the proceeds from player sales during the January transfer window to reinvest in new signings this month once the arrival of Maxi Rodríguez is confirmed.

The Atlético Madrid and Argentina winger is expected to cost £1.5 million and join on an 18-month deal. Benítez is also looking for a loan recruit in defence after Glen Johnson, the right back, was ruled out for at least a month with a knee injury.

Four fringe members of the Liverpool squad could leave the club in the coming weeks: Andrea Dossena, Philipp Degen and Andriy Voronin have been earmarked for the exit door and Ryan Babel is the subject of serious interest from Birmingham City. The money recouped from their potential sales could total in excess of £15 million.

Napoli have agreed a £4.4 million fee for Dossena, the defender, who is set to complete the move back to his native Italy once personal terms have been agreed; Voronin, the forward, is on the brink of signing for Dynamo Moscow in a deal worth about £2 million; and Degen is the subject of interest from several clubs in Germany, with Stuttgart leading the race for the defender’s services.

Birmingham have offered £9 million for Babel but that bid is likely to be rebuffed because the Holland forward is keen to hold out for a move to the Continent. Galatasaray, who are coached by Frank Rijkaard, Babel’s countryman, are one of a number of clubs ready to enter the race for his services.

Although the Liverpool manager is working without a transfer war chest, club insiders insist that that policy has not been forced on him by Liverpool’s estimated £250 million debts and resultant interest payments, believed to be in the region of £30 million a year.

However, critics of George Gillett Jr and Tom Hicks, the co-owners, may dispute that assessment. And should Liverpool not make any significant investment in their playing squad it will serve only to reinforce Benítez’s recent assertion that the club’s priority has shifted from trophy gathering to debt reduction.

In August, Benítez broke even on incomings and outgoings in August and in the previous transfer window, last January, the sale of Robbie Keane to Tottenham Hotspur for a fee in the region of £15 million was the only significant activity involving Liverpool.

Should Liverpool go a third transfer window without making any significant investment in their squad it will serve only to reinforce Benítez’s recent assertion that the club’s priority has shifted from trophy gathering to debt reduction.

Speaking last month, the Spaniard conceded that Liverpool’s hopes of challenging for the title this season were undermined by the need for the club to reduce their outstanding debts. Well off the pace set by Chelsea, the Premier League leaders, Liverpool’s main aim for the campaign is to qualify for next season’s Champions League, but even that aspiration is far from being a foregone conclusion because they languish in seventh place behind Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester City and Aston Villa, their fellow contenders to finish in the top four.

Any hopes that the purse strings would be loosened in an attempt to fund a drive to guarantee their top-four status have been dashed and Benítez will be faced with the prospect of improving the fortunes of a squad that has struggled desperately at times this season without recourse to even a limited spending spree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I'll leave it there.

Serious question, why do you have 430 odd posts in the Pool thread and 358 or so in the United one?

Why such a fascination with Pool? It is obvious to anybody it an obsession when it gets to that level.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

K-9 wrote: »
    Serious question, why do you have 430 odd posts in the Pool thread and 358 or so in the United one?

Why such a fascination with Pool? It is obvious to anybody it an obsession when it gets to that level.

jebus K-9 this is an open forum like

boggles or anyone can post where they like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i slipped and fell on the ice on monday night. Still very sore, hope i didn't do any damage. Also have a poxy cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

A. he can post where he likes without having to justify himself to any other poster here

B. If you think about it for a second you may come to the conclusion that when he posts in the pool thread he tends to draw criticism which leads to lots of tit for tat short posts between him and various other posters on the thread meaning his post count goes up quickly

C. The obvious conclusion is actually what i said in point B rather then an obsession with Liverpool.....he enjoys the wind up and he gets bites every single time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Mr Alan wrote: »
    i slipped and fell on the ice on monday night. Still very sore, hope i didn't do any damage. Also have a poxy cold.

Ah jaysus, sorry to hear!

how did it happen then?? was it a drink related slip?:D

nope. just walking into my estate, outside a friends house. proper comedy fall, right up in the air, cigarette went flying, left lying on the ice for a minute. which may explain my cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

nope. just walking into my estate, outside a friends house. proper comedy fall, right up in the air, cigarette went flying, left lying on the ice for a minute. which may explain my cold.

Why didn't you get up more quickly?

cause i was sore.

cause i was sore.

If a United player stayed down that long you'd be fit to lynch him. :pac:

I saw a bird absolutely burst herself this morning, she tried to do that thing where she hopped straight back up as if it wasn't really that sore but she must've been in bits the slap she took off the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

On the plus side the ice makes walking home a lot more fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Headshot wrote: »

Problem is: He asked another poster to justify themselves.

I'm sure Boggles will answer.

More important things here than LFC at the moment, so it'll be a few days before I'll be back.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Jaffa cakes FTW

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I am sorry but I think I took the best slap of the lot

was leaving my gf's, I had several drinks one me, by that I mean I had drank 6 or 7 beers but I also had a 6 pack of bottles of something in hand - walking down a hill it got a bit ropey, I fell pretty hard, glass shattered everywhere, a few little gashes here and there, the major casulties were the beer or so I though,
    As I continued down the road, pretty mangled in all honestly I find 4 of the bottles had survived and rolled down to the end of the hill, happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

You're completely right, Headshot. But i went into this thread the other morning after Utd lost to Leeds and it was ridicoulsy full of Man U fans. In the Man U thread, i know that Mr Alan and SlickRic are the main Liverpool contributors.

In the Liverpool one, you have yourself, Boggles Muppet, Flavajai or whatever his name is amongst others and it's ridiculous. I'm beginning to realise from reading posts that there is something going on because at times, you's seem to come in at the same time thanking each other.

It's not on and nothing is being done about it. It's a farce!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I'll leave it there.

I really hope that this is a joke and that you did actually get the point he was making. If you haven't, you are a lost cause.

Posters can post where they like but not what they like. Will say this for Boggles. He has improved in last day or two. What we have politely asked is that posters who visit this thread and our main forum due so objectively

Right.........
    More important things here than LFC at the moment, so it'll be a few days before I'll be back.

Oh....:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

I really hope that this is a joke and that you did actually get the point he was making. If you haven't, you are a lost cause.

Not at all young man. I made my point and the poster who I made it with as it turns out is actually quite a nice chap. He took on board what I said and started posting in the Liverpool forum. So everybody happy really.
    Posters can post where they like but not what they like. Will say this for Boggles. He has improved in last day or two. What we have politely asked is that posters who visit this thread and our main forum due so objectively

Until you figure out your use of the words I have highlighted for you, your never going to get it.

Also havn't I asked you nicely to leave me alone and stop following me around the place? :(

IF you fell on your head, you'll be grand. ;)

• Advertisement

ziggy wrote: »
    Normally we are on what is our thread. I certainly dont go on to rival threads and telling them how it is constantly. Contructive criticism is okay.

Normally we are on what is our thread. I certainly dont go on to rival threads and telling them how it is constantly. Contructive criticism is okay.

There you go you did it again. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

ziggy wrote: »
    You know what i mean. Liverpools main thread is primarily for pool supporters. Just as United's main thread is primarily for their supporters. Not the only one to be bringing this up. Again just asking that other non pool supporting posters post with due consideration to supporters of the host thread. Not asking much really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

thats a load of boll!x - people can post whatever they want - its up to the mods not you what people post

kida wrote: »
    thats a load of boll!x - people can post whatever they want - its up to the mods not you what people post
    Just take on board what is being said by not just me but other pool posters here. Take a trawl back over other last few pages. Thats all I have to say now. Happy posting ;)

• Advertisement

You know what i mean. Liverpools main thread is primarily for pool supporters. Just as United's main thread is primarily for their supporters. Not the only one to be bringing this up. Again just asking that other non pool supporting posters post with due consideration to supporters of the host thread. Not asking much really.

THERE ARE THREADs TO POST ABOUT CERTAINS TEAMS :eek:

when you understand this you may enjoy the forum more

Just take on board what is being said by not just me but other pool posters here. Take a trawl back over other last few pages. Thats all I have to say now. Happy posting ;)

so pool posters override the mods :eek:

seriously - take a long hard look at what you are actually saying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

You know what i mean. Liverpools main thread is primarily for pool supporters. Just as United's main thread is primarily for their supporters.

No it's not and no the United thread is not primarily for their supporters.

The clue is in the title, it's primarily for discussion of the Teamtalk/Gossip/Rumours associated with that team. There may be an expectation that that kind of information is of more interest to supporters of that club and therefore will be more likely to attract said supporters, but that doesn't mean it's primarily for one set of supporters over another.

Now if there's any further debate wanted on this point please take it to PM and get back on-topic in this thread.

my bruised bum is a bit better today.

I have already apologised how many times about that Al???? Let it go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The reason for that may very well be posted earlier in the thread but I'm gonna draw my own conclusions.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    The reason for that may very well be posted earlier in the thread but I'm gonna draw my own conclusions.
    All that bad karma coming back to haunt you Mr Alan. Just kidding :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Bit cold int it.

CHD wrote: »
    Bit cold int it.

aye.

could be worse i suppose.

aye.

could be worse i suppose.
    Fairly crisp underfoot to be honest.

monkey9 wrote: »
    You're completely right, Headshot. But i went into this thread the other morning after Utd lost to Leeds and it was ridicoulsy full of Man U fans. In the Man U thread, i know that Mr Alan and SlickRic are the main Liverpool contributors.

In the Liverpool one, you have yourself, Boggles Muppet, Flavajai or whatever his name is amongst others and it's ridiculous. I'm beginning to realise from reading posts that there is something going on because at times, you's seem to come in at the same time thanking each other.

It's not on and nothing is being done about it. It's a farce!!!!
    Spotted mods have intervened nevermind.

Xavi6 wrote: »

I was going to come in anad ask Alan how his arse was, now I'm glad I didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

"thanking each other" :confused:

im hardly ever in the liverpool these days even thou iv a high post count in there (strange) but i more or less say stuff like "hard luck on glen" etc

nice guy stuff

"thanking each other" :confused:

im hardly ever in the liverpool these days even thou iv a high post count in there (strange) but i more or less say stuff like "hard luck on glen" etc

nice guy stuff

We've both had our characters greviously slandered Headshot bai, you try to be nice and this is how they repay us.:(

Headshot you forgot to put a thank you at bottom of Flahajavs post. :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement