Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash machine Supavalu Loughboy

Options
  • 17-10-2009 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

The is a small notice on this saying it will be closed down mid November, 19th if I remember correctly. It was out of order for ages, but has been working again the last couple of days. Have they changed their minds I wonder.
    It is the only really handy cash machine this side of the CITY. 24hrs as well.
    Hope they don't close it.
    Anyone know anything?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I work in that area and the nearest one I can think of is the parade, I think the Topaz has one but I think it's always empty (I have no recolection of ever taking money out). TBH though, the only time having no cash is a problem is on the sauce as everywhere takes laser.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭jiggajt

One of my mates who worked in the bank said at one stage a couple of years ago that machine was the most ripped off in the country. ( i.e. card readers and the like)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭LINDA08

Are you talking about the one outside or inside, the store stays open till 9 most nights (if not all) so you could still use the inside one, unless they are getting rid of both..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

The one outside is the one being closed. It's not a surprise to be honest, it's wide open for one of those digger type thefts.

There was indeed plenty of fraud associated with that machine a few years back, I know someone who was using the machine, had trouble with getting the card out and a whole 'false' front come off in his hands. As far as I know Gardai caught a gang of Romanians who had done it.

The one inside the store is broken half the time, and the one outside was out of service for 3 or 4 days there a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

yeah I know someone who's card was skimmed on the false front there two years ago. about E800 taken but got it all back from the bank. I'd always be weary of using that one. there is a machine an ATM at the Topaz station on the Waterford road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

One in Mr Angry's Esso on the Callan road as well.

Advertisement