Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avian Vet

Options
  • 18-10-2009 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

Just wondering does anyone know of an 'Avian Vet' in the kildare/Carlow/Kilkenny region?

One of my cockatiels has what appears to be an eye infection, and I'd rather take it to an avian vet, nothing against the standard vet, its just that sometimes they are not as experienced with exoctic pets :(.

Hopefully someone will know one in this region

Thanks in advance
    Pablo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭FAYESY

have to say I only take my birds & exotics to Bairbre O'Malley in Bray - only vet I trust with smallies & birds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Theres none that I know of in that area so you might have to take a trip to Bray or you could try Brittas Vets in Thurles.

Eye infections can become serious fairly quickly, so needs to be dealt with straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

Brenda in Leixlip Vets is an avian vet.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

lalee17 wrote: »
    Brenda in Leixlip Vets is an avian vet.

Thanks for the replies everyone,

Cheers lalee, brought her up to Brenda's in Leixlip, very good I have to say

Turned out to be fluid on the sinus that was causing issues with her eye,
    So, Brenda kept her in for a few days and treated with Anti-biotics and washed it out.
    Back home now - still not 100% but on the mend.

Will be bringing the other two cockatiels up there in a few weeks for a check up

Thanks again,
    Cheers
    Paul

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement