Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone any idea what this is worth?

Options
  • 18-10-2009 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭

It's a JVC GY-X3 camera works with VHS cassette tapes and has all the bells & whistles on it even a 3CCD chip.
    I know it was used for broadcasting and recording matches.
    To buy new it would've cost an arm and maybe half a leg.
    It has great image & sound quality and it is one heavy beast to carry.

I wonder what it's worth these days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

The_Joker wrote: »

I wonder what it's worth these days?

Not much, maybe a couple of hundred euro if you're lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭The_Joker

I was thinking as much, Cheers Keefg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Thats pretty bang on! The last one on ebay sold for $320/€215. ;)
    Link

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

If you are not that desperate for the money, stick it up in the loft for a couple of decades then flog it as a 20th century "antique".

I'm serious by the way ;) some really old cameras from the 20's right up to some rare models from the 60's can fetch a good few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭The_Joker

keefg wrote: »
    If you are not that desperate for the money, stick it up in the loft for a couple of decades then flog it as a 20th century "antique".

I'm serious by the way ;) some really old cameras from the 20's right up to some rare models from the 60's can fetch a good few quid.

Now I'm starting to wish this camera was from the 30s or 40s :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

if you would like to donate it and be a pal, I work in a charity making videos and such. A disabilty service to be specific.......just chancing my arm....and half my leg.

Brian.

Advertisement