Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single Song Challenges!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭xbox gamer

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Are you sure you've got it unlocked? If not, do the guitar challenges in career mode, that should unlock it I think or you could check all the venues in career mode that might have it as a single song. If you find it, play it to unlock it.

Thats the problem, I didn't finish the career mode. :rolleyes: I'll try and get a score up soon enough. Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Time for a new song?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Give it 'til tomorrow. You can choose if you want Bobalicious. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Phew! Just in time!
    Only got 3 run ups at this and I've not heard the song before this morning but I managed
    Give It All (Hard)
    116243 96%
    before the baby woke up and started singing along...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Banjo wrote: »
    Phew! Just in time!
    Only got 3 run ups at this and I've not heard the song before this morning but I managed
    Give It All (Hard)
    116243 96%
    before the baby woke up and started singing along...

Baby has good taste one of my favourite bands ;)

Good job

• Advertisement

Round 2, 'Give It All' on Guitar.
    SCORES:

D4RK ONION: 215,746 (Expert, 100%FC, 5G*, 854NS)

Cedomination: 211,846 (Expert, 100%, 5G*, 854NS)

Bobalicious93: 187,346 (Expert, 98%, 5G*, 425NS)

Calex71: 165,081 (Expert, 97%, 5*, 331NS)

Banjo: 116,243 (Hard, 96*, 5*)

Xbox Gamer: Hard 81% 44,174 64NS

OK then, let's go for something nostalgic. We all love Green Grass and High Tides right? Of course. But, many of you might not have gone past the obvious guitar solos, and realised there's a pretty epic bassline in there.

So, the next challenge is going to be:

The Outlaws - Green Grass and High Tides - BASS

This'll be fun :pac:

My score will be up in a while.

Enjoy ;)

Don't forget to read the rules!

Interesting choice, never played it on bass, so looking forward to this one! And thanks for the score compiling Bobalicious, makes my life easier ;)

Not terribly hard song, well not panic attack hard, has a tricky ending.
    This a near 10 minute long song , made a total dogs dinner of it @ 7 minutes or so when some one came in to tell me the bon fire was going :mad:

Ill give it another go tomorrow when I feel more patient

Gold star cut off on this is
    428,000ish
    :

Edit: dont have my rock band one discto hand , I'm playing it exported in RB2 but I dont think you can play this solo on bass unless you pay and export the songs to rb2 ????? Edit Edit : Just checked i was thinking of the solo tour mode that didnt have a bass option in RB1

Went rather well this.

Expert:
    5G*
    99%
    1223NS

Only really messed up once or twice, bar a fast strumming bit that I was never going to hit all of.

Sorry for the late post for Give it All. Had to unlock it through the tour as it wouldn't show up with the cheat :confused:.

Give it all:
    Hard 81% 44,174 64NS

I'll have a go of the new song during the week.

• Advertisement

Will have to sit this one out unless I can figure out RawkSD to unofficially import RB1 stuff into RB2 on the wii... BTW I'm new to RockBand - What's the "NS" number you've listed after the scores?

Is there an updated banner link for the new challenge?

Hey Banjo! Sorry, NS stands for note streak, as in your highest one. It should show you at the end of a song if you're not playing it as part of a set list or if it's the last song in your setlist.

The new banner will be up today, I do those, but I don't boot into windows too often so photoshop is usually off limits. Should be up by about 6 O'Clock ;)

[QUOTE=D4RK ONION;62808654
    The new banner will be up today, I do those, but I don't boot into windows too often so photoshop is usually off limits. Should be up by about 6 O'Clock ;)[/QUOTE]

The Gimp / Gimpshop is linux should do the same job for you. It's not ps but as close as you'll get.

My score for Green Grass and High Tides
    Expert 4* 198,361 92% 239ns

Exhaustion on the fret had and missing later overdrive because of it is the killer on this song

Are you kidding me? I should make comparing the GIMP to PS a bannable offence, it's a pile of crap!

Right here ye are, all people putting it in their sigs, thank you in advance :)

[PHP]39168167069208203554.jpg[/PHP]

*sees in sig for first time* Ooooh that came out nice!

Are you kidding me? I should make comparing the GIMP to PS a bannable offence, it's a pile of crap!

:D ha ha i know , why don't you just run ps in wine then :confused:

Green Grass and High Tides:
    Medium 4* 128,938 91% 150NS

I found it tough on the second guitar solo in hard that i failed every time, even with deploying overdrive to keep me alive. Still trying to make the step up to hard from medium and not succeeding very well at the moment.

xbox gamer wrote: »
    Still trying to make the step up to hard from medium and not succeeding very well at the moment.

Keep at it , that orange button needs some exercise ;)

For me playing bass on the harder settings got me used to the orange button as there are very few chords on bass, and you have more time to move your hand. Bass is also great for learning to alt. strum (up + down)

Alt strumming on bass? That's not allowed! Up strumming for the win! Also, Calex, use the sig!

Do you not find that trying to up-pluck the bar with your fingers results in and up and a down strum (when it bounces back) that drops your combo? Also, it doesn't recover fast enough for you to use the classic two-finger "I can't play the bass but I saw a guy doing it on TV" method. Having said that, it looks a whole lot cooler :D

Xbox-Gamer : I made the jump to hard last saturday and it's a pain in the arse but you get used to it very quickly. What worked for me was playing a few tracks on medium using 3 fingers to fret and moving my hand between Green / red / yellow with my index finger anchored on green and Red / Yellow / Blue with index anchored on red. Medium moves slower than Hard obviously so you have more time to get your head around moving your hand and letting your brain decide which finger is going to push the colour based on where it is without you having to consciously decide which finger to use. Then play something that's far to fast for you on Hard (in my case it was Spoonman) and after an initial shock from the torrent of notes hurtling towards you your little finger just falls into line. Hopefully :)

Thanks for the advice. I'll try those tips and hopefully i'll be on expert soon enough :D. As they say 'Practice makes perfect'.

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    Do you not find that trying to up-pluck the bar with your fingers results in and up and a down strum (when it bounces back) that drops your combo? Also, it doesn't recover fast enough for you to use the classic two-finger "I can't play the bass but I saw a guy doing it on TV" method. Having said that, it looks a whole lot cooler :D

Xbox-Gamer : I made the jump to hard last saturday and it's a pain in the arse but you get used to it very quickly. What worked for me was playing a few tracks on medium using 3 fingers to fret and moving my hand between Green / red / yellow with my index finger anchored on green and Red / Yellow / Blue with index anchored on red. Medium moves slower than Hard obviously so you have more time to get your head around moving your hand and letting your brain decide which finger is going to push the colour based on where it is without you having to consciously decide which finger to use. Then play something that's far to fast for you on Hard (in my case it was Spoonman) and after an initial shock from the torrent of notes hurtling towards you your little finger just falls into line. Hopefully :)

That's some good advicing there Banjo :)

I use the "the classic two-finger "I can't play the bass but I saw a guy doing it on TV" method.". Never get a drop on the RB guitar. Score will be up Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭RHRN

Ahh, not RB1, just when I found this thread, the one game I dont have.

Any chance for RB2 next week, pretty please? XD

RHRN wrote: »
    Ahh, not RB1, just when I found this thread, the one game I dont have.

Any chance for RB2 next week, pretty please? XD

It is Saturday and time for a new song, why not pick one before someone else does ;)

calex71 wrote: »
    It is Saturday and time for a new song, why not pick one before someone else does ;)

I can do that? :P

Alright then, from RB2, its the song thats about as hard to FC as it is to pronounce :P...

Bodhisattva - Guitar

I'll have my score up later.

Scores from last week:
    Bobalicious93 - 455,867, GS, 99%, 1223 NS. (X)
    Calex71 - 198,361, 4*, 92%, 239 NS. (H)
    Xbox Gamer - 128,938, 91%, 150 NS (M)

RHRN wrote: »
    I can do that? :P

Yes, you haven't had a go at choosing yet so no problem you picking this weeks as far as I'm concerned.

Fine choice too, it's a song I haven't played so much myself so this will be a good excuse to do so.

Sorry about the non-participation last week lads, I'm swamped with college work here... swamped. I'll get this out though. Good choice, love Steely Dan. And it's pronounced bow-di-sawt-va :)

Been a while since I played this and now I remember why.
    It exposes a serious weakness in my game...... zig-zags :mad: I get about 3 or 4 notes then end up trying to strum enough notes here and there to keep me out of the red.

after attempt #6 down to hard at this stage , it's the timing that getting me on this i think , /goes to cool down and ponder help everyone calex stop sucking at solo's and zig zags thread :(

Still horribly inconsistent at this song, I have an excuse now to get better...

Finally get consistent on 1E, 2D, and the Break.

And maybe, just maybe, nail the chords!

EDIT:
    So if I post a score now, can I edit it throughout the week if I get higher?

What difficulty are you playing on?

• Advertisement

What difficulty are you playing on?

Expert

Advertisement