Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single Song Challenges!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭xbox gamer

Not a great score at all. Eventually got to finish it, the second guitar solo got me the whole time.
    74% Hard 3* 41,349 48NS

Compared to this. Guess the step up will take a bit longer than expected:rolleyes:.
    98% Medium 5* 110,096 299NS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Bodhisattva - Guitar , very tiring song and impossible for me on expert :D
    Hard 118,993 5* 90% 227ns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭RHRN

This score may be updated, I'm looking to get another 14k before the end of the day:
    Expert, GS, 268957, 97%, 379 Streak

Scratch that, make it final, sick of playing this song XD one time I hit the break in a real run and all of solo 1, I mess up in F (of all places!) Still hit most of 2, including all trips and trill.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'm tired, sick and snowed under with work, so this'll have to do. Personal best isn't much better though. Oh, by the way, I call picking next weeks one. :p
    Expert 163,492- 5* 91% 287 ns

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Might get another run up at this later tonight but in case the song changes this afternoon :
    Hard : 81409 / ****. / 83% / 109NS
    Strangely, my first attempt was 15K better than my second. Proof that the song is evil.

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    Proof that the song is evil.

The main issue I had with it was when i dropped from expert to hard, massive difference in difficulty levels, and playing on hard just felt unnatural for me in terms of timing etc. evil evil song.

Oh yeah, there's this forum I moderate, right :P

Round 4-Guitar!
    Bodhisattva:
    1. RHRN- Expert/ 5G*/ 268957/ 97%/ 379 NS
    2. Bobalicious93 - Expert/ 5*/ 168,388/ 89%/ 417NS
    3. D4RK ONION- Expert/ 5*/ 163,492/ 91%/ 287 NS
    4. Calex71- Hard/ 5*/ 118,993/ 90%/ 227 NS
    5. Banjo- Hard/ 4*/ 81409/ 83%/ 109NS
    6. Xbox Gamer- Medium/ 5*/ 110,096/ 98%/ 299NS

Good scores everyone and thanks to everyone for participating. Bobalicious93, where the hell are you? :confused: Anywho, a few notes before we start.

--Once you have posted a score, that's it, you can't come back and edit it, neither can you look at the scores of others til you've posted your own. This is to stop people aiming to beat a specific score :)
    --Could you please post your score in the following format? It makes it easier for the compiler of scores at the end of the week.
    D4RK ONION- Expert/ 5*/ 163,492/ 91%/ 287 NS

Right moving on... time to get white, angry and loud because

This week, Rock Band 2-
    System Of A Down - "Chop Suey" -on Vocals!

Rules

Remember any USB mic will work, so make the effort, score will be in soon enough. Enjoy!

EDIT: wear your sig with pride!
    [PHP]66249444251321438866.jpg[/PHP]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Bobalicious93, where the hell are you?

Sorry for the lateness guys. Other games took precedence I'm afraid :o

Anyway, a bit late, but here's my Bodhisattva score:
    Bobalicious93 - Expert/ 5*/ 168,388/ 89%/ 417NS

Another fine job on the sig, just to add you don't need a usb mic the standard headset will do the trick just fine.

Now to wait until the house is empty before attempting this weeks challenge :o

Nah, gather all your fellow house people around and scream at them! And yes, I do like this sig :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭RHRN

Take another look at the leaderboard there D4RK (specifically 2nd and 3rd)

tut tut ;)

Hmmm, vocals, an excuse for me to start playing them XD

I'm so tempted to edit your message into something like "I LIKEZ PONIES OLOLOLOL" but I like the cut of your jib kid, so I'll let you go :p

I'm looking forward to seeing these scores now, no one here ever really talks about vox!

=D4RK ONION;63024167
    no one here ever really talks about vox!

this gives me an interesting idea for next weeks challenge ............. VOXTAR!!!!!! could be a GH:RB forum 1st ?

Feel free, I wont be able to play though. For now, let's concentrate on this one :)

Ah nuts - I tried that earlier this morning for the Unpronouncable battle (scored 6th on the hard leaderboard too - not bad considering I didn't know the air of 2 of the songs and the volume of the telly was lower than the volume of the baby's talking whack-a-toolbench thingy. This is a nasty song though, they stick with Serj's vocal all the way, even when he's harmonising and the guitarist is singing.... threw me every time

Why'd you think I picked it ;) It's tough to be sure, but damn it, I have faith in ye! Well most of ye, I think Cedom may be dead, or eaten by a whale :(

As a suggestion for a future challenge, you could make people sing Tangled Up In Blue and post a recording of them doing their best Bob Dylan nasal whine along with their scores...

That is totally next week's challenge, vox-tar with nasal videos!

Better post a score while I can, I'm dodging the dreaded RRoD here happened twice last night :mad:

Chop Suey - Vocals
    Calex71 - Hard/ 4*/ 113,237/ 88%/ 7 phrase streak

Couldn't get past 50% on expert :o

I'm looking for an FC, I have 5G* but I know I can FC this mo-fo... Therefore score will be up friday :D Thanks for taking the time out of the day to humiliate yourself Calex, I was afraid there would be no scores on this one :p

• Advertisement

Ah it's a fun song to mumble sing , breaking the combo's and missing od really does hurt you a lot more on vocals i think.

Oh yeah, in a serious way. Also noticed that in RB2 if you activate OD the bar depletes regardless of whether there are notes coming up of not, whereas in RB1 the bar would stop when there's no notes. Very annoying when you activate by mistake during a huge lull in words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Empty house, so here we go :D
    Bobalicious93 - Expert/5G*/261,759/99%/46 Phrase streak
    AGH!! That last bit gets me every time. I'm sure I could get an FC eventually, but I'm afraid people will be home soon :p

Had to sing low so as not to wake the wife, but I got there in the end :
    Chop Suey :
    Banjo - Expert/4*/131,331/90%/11 Phrase

Good work guys! I'll so mine later, new challenge tomorrow. :)

Ok ok D4rk Onion forfits his bagsied pick as its now Wednesday and no new challenge :rolleyes:

Last weeks results:
    Round 5: Chop suey : vocals

Bobalicious93 - Expert/5G*/261,759/99%/46 Phrase streak
    D4RK ONION- Expert/5G* /255,217/98% /30 Phrase Streak
    Banjo - Expert/4*/131,331/90%/11 Phrase
    Calex71 - Hard/ 4*/ 113,237/ 88%/ 7 phrase streak

****e now i can;t think of a pick for this week :confused:

Edit deffo a voxtar one, down with the sickness maybe??? could be a bit hard though? Ah someone else pick one please

D4RK ONION WAZ ERE- Cool for Cats, voxtar plz! :D

PS: coooooooooooool for caaaaaaats!

At the risk of being the spaz who puts his head over the top of the trench to ask "Is the war ov---SPLAT!" can someone tell me what a Voxtar is?
    (I'm hoping there's some way of playing the guitar lines by humming into the mic but I'm worried we're going to be singing and playing guitar... If the former, might I suggest Boston's More Than A Feeling? if the latter, where to you put the Mic?)

Banjo wrote: »
    where to you put the Mic?)

Headset all the way for this

Cool for cat's it is so
    Voxtar = Vocals + Guitar at same time

Sorry about the delay everyone :( very busy with college.

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Sorry about the delay everyone :( very busy with college.

Ah these things always come first dude.

Advertisement