Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single Song Challenges!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Had a go anyway:

Cool For Cats:
    Bobalicious93: Expert/Expert 5G*/260,647/Guitar=97% Vox=99%/159 NS and 15 Phrase streak

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Gonna have a bash at this tomorrow night but I need tips from experienced voxtarists. The only USB mic I have is the GH:WT one. I've tried tucking it into the guitar strap but that only leads to me losing my note and phrase streaks early on when I scream "Ah ****e!" as it slides out, plummets to earth and cracks one of my toes. I don't own a mic stand (and I did check it out, I'm not spending 20 quid for a cheap one, there's no way The Wife(tm) won't notice it in the front room) and I'm too tall to stand in front of the mantle piece with the mic balanced on it, but too small to kneel in front of it. I'm trying to train my daughter to hold the mic for me but she's 9 months old and to her the mic looks like dinner. There's no time to order an Xbox/USB headset and anyway they cost 40 quid, it's not worth it for an RB challenge...

I have access to :
    sellotape (no gaffer tape though)
    coat hangers - wire and plastic
    plastic bags - Tesco and Sainsburys (different tensile strengths, you know)
    some chipboard left over from a dismantled flat pack chest of drawers
    a broken water pump from my boiler
    bamboo BBQ skewers
    The cardboard from the middle of a toilet roll x 3
    A hammer (no nails though).

McGuyveresque solutions welcome.

Failing that, I have access to Carrickmines retail park on the way home, provided I spend no more than 5 minutes out of the car so as not to delay me on the way home and 10 quid in my pocket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I have a few spare knocking around if you need a headset banjo, won't be back in Dublin till Sunday evening though.

In the meantime, an old trick of mine which will work great as you'll be on the couch I assume.

Sellotape and the brush!!!!!! the brush will stay upright due to height of said couch. You can always hold with the feet if needed. Just tape the mic to a good position for you and voxtar away :D

I don't recall mentioning a Brush in my list of assets.
    Or this Holocaust Cloak. Hello pretty lady!

If I try that out I'm going to have to take a photo, aren't I...? *sigh*

Edit :
    The brush thing worked really well. I used a Muse belt instead of tape for extra rock cred. I foolishly tried it standing up first time and the mic was at chest level, I only realised it wasn't picking up my voice when the singer failed out but once I sat down it was brillo pads. Great tip, Calex!

Cool For Cats :
    Banjo: Hard/Hard 4*/128,315/Guitar=95%/Vox=97%/63NS and 15PS

The score kept going up (although NS kept going down!) but after 4 goes I just couldn't stand the sound of my crap cockney accent any more :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Finished TP tomorrow lads, so score'll be up tomorrow evening. Perhaps a video?

• Advertisement

Tight for time myself today so only got 2 runs at this

Cool for cats:
    Exp/Exp 4* 159,854 Guitar 94% 124ns - Vox 88% 6ps

Tip for all turn down the mic volume to 0 so you cant hear your own voice :D!!!!!!

I don't want to pressure anyone in particular to post their scores up or anything but the current challenge has been live for a while and I may have an almost empty house tonight should another voxtar challenge be proposed....

(If there are no other suggestions, might I humbly propose Sleepwalker by Megadeth? Never heard the song before in my life but I had a couple of points going spare... When it kicks off at about 50 seconds in I think I broke my arm. It's demented. Also, in classic Megadeth "write about what you know" style it seems to be a heart-felt ballad written from the point of view of Freddy Krueger.)

Banjo wrote: »
    I don't want to pressure anyone in particular to post their scores up or anything but the current challenge has been live for a while and I may have an almost empty house tonight should another voxtar challenge be proposed....

Getting used to the brush set up eh :D
    No problem you picking a new song, just need's to a song from the disc as not everyone will have that DLC :( (add's that megadeth to the list of songs to spend points on at xmas :))

I have Sleepwalker, so I'm good with that...:D

Ok Ok

Cool For Cats VoxTar results:

Bobalicious93: Expert/Expert 5G*/260,647/Guitar=97% Vox=99%/159 NS and 15 Phrase streak
    Calex: Exp/Exp 4* 159,854 Guitar 94% 124ns - Vox 88% 6ps
    Banjo: Hard/Hard 4*/128,315/Guitar=95%/Vox=97%/63NS and 15PS

New challenge needed, Banjo you called it so pick away or else ill pick one some time tomorrow evening.

• Advertisement

Well given that DLC is off the table, my drums have been locked away by a vengeful wife and I don't have RB1 or compatible instruments, how about Peace Sells (...But Who's Buying?) by Megadeth on Bass? I don't play bass enough, need a good excuse.

Or can I set a proper challenge, like Spoonman on Guitar played lefty flip (or righty flip in my case)?

Or that Bang Camaro song, but you have to be in your underpants and play it with the guitar behind your head, 80's style?

Do I have to come up with a banner?

One of those weird ones sounds brilliant actually Banjo! Pick one of those!

Well then it has to be Bang Camaro - Night Lies in your underpants with the guitar behind your head.

I've just realised I won't get the front room to myself this side of christmas, so I'm putting my marriage on the line for this challenge!

This is going to be epic! Also, pics or it didn't happen :D

Sig will be made tonight ;)

I just read the Bang Camaro article on Wikipedia. 20 lead vocalists... Christ! Tell you what - can we agree, since photgraphic evidence is required to post a score and they're going to be pretty poor with the playing-behind-your-head thing, that your score will be multiplied by the number of real people in your livingroom with you that are holding a microphone and in their underpants.
    (We are allowed to wear t-shirts, right? I mean, you don't want to see me in my undies concentrating hard, trust me)

Ok, here we go

Bang Camaro- Night Lies on Guitar behind your head, in your underwear

A few things. Pictures would of course be cool and hilarious, and if you want to blur your face out that's fine, but I'm not going to make them manditory. Even a pic after the song will suffice. However, rocking out in your undies is required, and I expect everyone to do it, and I trust that ye will :D T-shirt as well is fine.

Closing date is TBA
    Usual rules apply

Remember, we welcome all difficulty levels, requests for advice and tips for other people, so don't feel you're not good enough to do this, that isn't the aim of these things at all. :)

Sig can be found below, please help support the forum by using it :o

Sig is about 24 hours late, but with quality like this, who cares :D

[noparse]595c6.gif[/noparse]

You know the deal, copy and paste peeps!

EDIT: FACEPALM* Sig link fixed

Hope my Gretsch Duo Jet arrives in time for this :D €58 on play.com Hmv wouldn't deliver to Ireland.

Edit: Great time for this challenge as I always get new undies for xmas ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭RHRN

I come back to see this.
    Wow, you guys are getting creative. ;)
    As much as this goes against all common sense...
    *turns off sense of shame*
    Its Bang Camaro time.

I just did it. How do you know? Well, you don't. I don't have proof. You'll just have to believe old reliable Bob. ;)
    Bobalicious93 - Expert/5*/93,904/93%/158NS

• Advertisement

We trust you Bobby! Although some sort of recreation photo'd be awesome :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

You guys all play on Expert? :o

I suck in comparison.

Not all of us, plus we welcome all skill levels here, you wont find any elitism around these parts. ;)

Also, welcome Jako8 :D do take part!

I see Bryn Bennett (guitar) is playing his last show with Bang Camaro this week :(

Did this just now
    Calex - Expert/5*/94,851/94%/166ns

Unlike Bob I can provide a picture :D
    guitar-queer-o-20071108025653425.jpg

You didn't play it over your head! Disqualified!

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    You didn't play it over your head! Disqualified!

I had to set the camera on a timer, it caught me as i was about to swing it over my head :rolleyes:

Well that was physically painful, but here we go
    D4RK ONION - Expert/5*/95,854/95%/195NS

EDIT: Scores are pretty close so far! Where you at cedom you lovely fellow you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I'll do it tomorrow, no fc though.

• Advertisement

Wait til the pain of holding something behind your head for 4 minutes strikes you. You'll be happy to take whatever you can get!

Advertisement