Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single Song Challenges!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Wait til the pain of holding something behind your head for 4 minutes strikes you. You'll be happy to take whatever you can get!

I learned from this after 1 try to not fail instantly you need to make sure you have index on green

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭RHRN

Would submit score, but my guitars going on the blink.
    Already did the fix that went around ScoreHero when the Schecter strum guitar came out, so my warranty's voided.

Erm, I'll try to get it fixed but for the moment, I'm Drums/Vox only.

RHRN wrote: »
    Would submit score, but my guitars going on the blink.
    Already did the fix that went around ScoreHero when the Schecter strum guitar came out, so my warranty's voided.

Erm, I'll try to get it fixed but for the moment, I'm Drums/Vox only.

Have a spare Xplorer but wont be back in dublin for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Oh christ. Please don't ever listen my suggestions again. I have a slight RSI problem with my hands and wrists at the best of times but I didn't make it to the first chorus before my fretting hand gave out. I'll have another go later but this is looking like a "did not finish" for me :(

On the upside, as a side effect of interrupting my challenge attempt, I'm posting on boards in my pants :D

Edit :
    OK, I manned up and grew a pair. I wish I hadn't. Only had one go at it but once was enough to know I'm an idiot.
    Banjo - Hard/3*/35,097/87%/72NS

If anyone out there is thinking of trying this, if you remember one thing let it be this. After the first chorus you'll think "hey, I'm getting the hang of this!". That's fine. But for god's sake don't start using the whammy bar, trust me. Especially if you have a low hanging lampshade or there're tall glasses near by.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Well done Banjo. I liked this challenge. Playing in the ol' boxers was particularly funny :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭xbox gamer

I know i haven't been around but i got the challenge done, eventually.
    Hard / 3* / 27,778 / 80% / 49NS

I purpose that for the following week we have the challenge of drums for
    Journey - Any Way You Want It.

Any takers??? Or what does the majority rule???

xbox gamer wrote: »
    I know i haven't been around but i got the challenge done, eventually.

I purpose that for the following week we have the challenge of drums for
    Journey - Any Way You Want It.

Any takers??? Or what does the majority rule???

A fine choice Sir

Most certainly, I'll do the summary post tonight at some stage. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Is this DLC? I don't recall playing it in the game yet!!

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Is this DLC? I don't recall playing it in the game yet!!

No it's definitely an on disc track from RB2, you may not have unlocked all the songs yet. If not either use the cheat (you have to do every time) Or play through the challenges in tour mode, that is the quickest way by far. (learned this after starting again on a new save and new xbox :( )

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    No it's definitely an on disc track from RB2, you may not have unlocked all the songs yet. If not either use the cheat (you have to do every time) Or play through the challenges in tour mode, that is the quickest way by far. (learned this after starting again on a new save and new xbox :( )

Cool, I'm on the other continent now anyway, should be too long to unlock it, and good choice of song too :)

Okay dudes, I've finallly built up the effort to wrap this up, so here's the breakdown. Cedom, I am disappoint...

1. D4RK ONION - Expert/5*/95,854/95%/195NS
    2. Calex - Expert/5*/94,851/94%/166ns
    3. Bobalicious93 - Expert/5*/93,904/93%/158NS
    4. Banjo - Hard/3*/35,097/87%/72NS
    5. Xbox Gamer- Hard 3* / 27,778 / 80% / 49NS

Okie doke, congratulations me, you were the best at playing in such a way that was incredibly painful and sad. You won an internet.

Journey- Any way you want it- Drums

This one is fairly challenging on expert drums but nothing too bad so ye should be fine. Ask if you want some advice on a section, I'm happy to oblige :)

Closing date 20/01/10
    Usual rules apply

Remember, we welcome all difficulty levels, requests for advice and tips for other people, so don't feel you're not good enough to do this, that isn't the aim of these things at all. The challenges are for having some fun and improving your game.

Sig is en route

Damn my lack of drumming practice :mad: went down to hard after some miserable results on expert which on the + side involved riding the red to the end, but that didnt help as the same problem remained on the lower settiing, it's the bass drum, it's off beat on this one no ? Screws me up every time :(

Think I haven't played enough RB this week too , damn Darksiders is to blame for distracting me lol

The pedal is really the only reason this one is challenging, I like it makes the song much more interesting. I haven't played it in a while though so I'll get back to you with some advice after I've given it a run.

The pedal is really the only reason this one is challenging, I like it makes the song much more interesting. I haven't played it in a while though so I'll get back to you with some advice after I've given it a run.

Ye i found this too. Hard is difficult cause the bass pedal has a difficult beat to what im used to anyway. Its funny cause the hands are doing one thing (mainly correct) but the feet just can't get used to the pedal and so fail not too long into the song. Medium on the other hand is alot easier as the pedal beat is normal. I'll have a score up soon enough, more practicing required......:rolleyes:

Always have that problem! My hands and feet don't work together!

I got a second pedal for the faster kicks, but in an odd section I can't get to grips with it (without practice)

Haven't unlocked this song yet but will do soon and get some score going for my first challenge :)

worked my way up to this , was quite pleased I managed to get through even though I did ride the red from about 3/4 in until the end :o

Anyway you want it - Drums
    Calex - Expert/3*/33,425/87%/27ns :o

Ok times up and I'm declaring myself the winner this time and thinking of a new song :D

Time is up when I post a score! Don't think you can be all up in my grill like this!

• Advertisement

Time is up when I post a score! Don't think you can be all up in my grill like this!

Oh no yo didnt!!!!!! :D

Didn't get a chance to post my score due to the site being hacked but here it is my first effort :cool:

Anyway You Want It - Drums
    DJ DigitalMoose Hard 5* 115,650 534 NS 99% did it in Expert too 3* 63,000 75 NS 95%

Anyone else going to do this? Or do I declare MYSELF the winner :D

I will have your score raped beaten by tonight :)

Closing date 20/01/10
    Usual rules apply

What's this ? seems I'm the only one who posted before the closing date, awwww shucks guys, looks like those hard earned scores are invalid :D

And Moon where the *beep* where you when me and Onion were hunting us some beatles gold stars last night, it's your fault we didn't get as many as we would have liked :p

Your punishment will be to polish my winners trophy this week :D

I will have your score raped beaten by tonight :)

I have no doubt that you will, pity it's passed the closing date :p
    calex71 wrote: »
    What's this ? seems I'm the only one who posted before the closing date, awwww shucks guys, looks like those hard earned scores are invalid :D

And Moon where the *beep* where you when me and Onion were hunting us some beatles gold stars last night, it's your fault we didn't get as many as we would have liked :p

Your punishment will be to polish my winners trophy this week :D

Ah nuts :( I was going to pop on after watching Utd rape City but didn't think anyone would be around :(

If you see me on drop me a message, Paul McCartney here wants to get gold stars!!!!

Oh and I posted my score late cause of the hack to the site, that's my story and I'm sticking to it :D

D4RK ONION- Expert/5G*/152,400/99%/702ns :o

That was my first run, wasn't arsed to do another, one note off an FC :(

Right, I always close these up, so I'm gonna say... Mr. Moon! Off you go :)

D4RK ONION- Expert/5G*/152,400/99%/702ns :o

That was my first run, wasn't arsed to do another, one note off an FC :(

Right, I always close these up, so I'm gonna say... Mr. Moon! Off you go :)

Damn you show off :P

No no not my pick! I didn't win!!

If I was to pick, could I pick a beatles song?

+1 for the beatles

• Advertisement

Sorry lads. I asked for the song and im last to post a score. Was away in portugal for a week and didn't get a chance to do so beforehand. I know the score isn't the best, but i didn't get a chance to try the hard level properly. I did have a go of hard, ran into the red a few times and couldn't play due to cramp (stupid i know) and failed with 3% to go.

Here it is:
    Medium/5*/63,624/98%/176NS

Advertisement