Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single Song Challenges!

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

1. D4RK ONION- Expert/5G*/152,400/99%/702NS
    2. Mr. Moon- Expert/3*/63,000/95%/75NS
    3. Calex - Expert/3*/33,425/87%/27NS
    4. Xbox Gamer- Medium/5*/63,624/98%/176NS

No Bobby, cedom or Banjo. Very disappointing guys! Well done to the ones who actually participated! Someone else can pick the next one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Back in the USSR guitar (RB Beatles) or Testament - Souls of Black on Bass?

Hmmmmm or both .... or none or ......... so much pressure to pick a good one :o

DO many folks have beatles ? Less have lego i guess?

Edit : Moons score was double mine @ 3* expert drums, there is a lot to be said for keeping the streaks going. Well done.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

calex71 wrote: »
    Back in the USSR guitar (RB Beatles) or Testament - Souls of Black on Bass?

Hmmmmm or both .... or none or ......... so much pressure to pick a good one :o

DO many folks have beatles ? Less have lego i guess?

Edit : Moons score was double mine @ 3* expert drums, there is a lot to be said for keeping the streaks going. Well done.

It's that bit at the end that gets me, I didn't really practice it but wanted to get some sort of score on the board!!

+1 for Back in the USSR very tough on guitar!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

I'll join in for a few bashes. I only have RB1 & Beatles so won't partake in all tunes
    Will also +1 for Back in the USSR.

Looks like Back in the USSR on guitar is popular so let's go with that one this week so.

Let's say scores to be posted by this day week February 7th in the usual manor. The no peeping rule might go out the window here due to the fact you see friends scores on the song selection screen , that might be extra motivation though ;)

This week's challenge

The Beatles: Back in the USSR on GUITAR

Epic Onion Edit: :)
    Usual rules apply

Remember, we welcome all difficulty levels, requests for advice and tips for other people, so don't feel you're not good enough to do this, that isn't the aim of these things at all.

• Advertisement

That Onion is a stealthy operator :rolleyes:

Anyone else finishing with a 1/4 bar???? OD path will take some chin scratching from me on this one.

Edit: the 2 : 2 : and save the rest for 2nd solo is definitely not a good OD path I still get 1/4 left and missed the
    Gold Star by 2k @99%
    /shakes fist at beatles mercy-less cutoff's

Right so I'll be the first to post, because I won't get near the xbox now till Monday.

The14thLetter :
    Hard/5*/91,499/99%/268NS

Really wanted to give this another crack but wont be near my xbox until sunday evening. Got the overdrive path worked out so pretty pleased overall as it's a new best for me. There was one orange to green hopo that always caught me out early on :mad:

Calex
    expert/5GS/121,369/98%/219ns

I have to get cracking on this, haven't had a chance this week to play it!

Ok I'm giving up on this song, it's wrecking my head at this stage!!! So many little mistakes here and there!! :(

BACK IN THE USSR - GUITAR
    Expert 5* 101,255 92% 187NS

• Advertisement

2nd over drive section and the 2nd verse took me a good while to get right, it was the triplets with the hopo (note note to hopo, like red red hopo to yellow) in that verse thrown in that gave me the most grief.

I was annoyed I couldn't FC this, but alas, I was getting to the point where my anger was causing me to make mistakes, so I gave up. Her y'all go :)
    D4RK ONION- Expert/ 5G*/ 127,628/ 99%/ 338 NS

Also, could people please post their results in the following format as per the rules please? Thank you

[yournamehere]- Expert/ 5*/ 163,492/ 91%/ 287 NS

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭xbox gamer

Technically i'm late and my score shouldn't be included.:o But I know boardies won't mind.:D I didn't get a chance to try this on a higher level or to improve my score on the current level. So here it is in all its glory awfulness
    xbox gamer - Hard/ 4*/53,837/92%/98 NS

The Beatles: Back in the USSR on GUITAR- Results!

We are the most punctual forum eva :rolleyes:

1. D4RK ONION- Expert/ 5G*/ 127,628/ 99%/ 338 NS
    2. Calex- expert/5GS/121,369/98%/219ns
    3. Mr. Moon- Expert 5* 101,255 92% 187NS
    4. Nicklauski- Hard/5*/91,499/99%/268NS
    5. Xbox gamer - Hard/ 4*/53,837/92%/98 NS

Well done to me for being way cooler than Calex (and better looking too :P) and welcome to nicklauski and his first entry :)

I'm definitely down for some more B:RB guitar (or bass!) any suggestions? :)

( USSR results on last page)

D4RK ONION wrote: »

Well done to me for being way cooler than Calex (and better looking too :P) and welcome to nicklauski and his first entry :)

You know where you can put that shiny winners trophy don't you smelly Onion?
    On the shelf with the others
    :D

+1 for more Beatles, it's really feeling fresher than RB2 for me these days

I'm game for any of them being honest lads. As I've said I'm trying to source RB2 for here and it being great craic on good Friday. :D
    So whenever the challenge is set, I should be on.
    Going to seriously have to train myself up on Expert getting left behind just doing hard. :(

nicklauski wrote: »
    Going to seriously have to train myself up on Expert getting left behind just doing hard. :(

Ah your almost there lad, going from hard to expert is not nearly has bad as going from medium to expert. Try hard with the breakneck speed cheat switched on for a while and see how you get on. SHould get you used to the faster expert setting without the extra notes.

+1 for more Beatles :D

Okay, how about "Octopus's Garden" on Guitar?

• Advertisement

Okay, how about "Octopus's Garden" on Guitar?

Might motivate me to try for the cheesement on that one, if i can get my urge to strum some of the hopo's under control.

This week's challenge

The Beatles: Rock Band

Octopus' Garden on GUITAR
    Usual rules apply
    Closing Date: nnnnnnneh sometime next week, let's say friday. :)

Remember, we welcome all difficulty levels, requests for advice and tips for other people, so don't feel you're not good enough to do this, that isn't the aim of these things at all.

Also, keep in mind that there's an achievement on this one for hitting all the Hammer Ons and Pull Offs, on expert without strumming them. Good luck with that one!

Already have it :o

Also, keep in mind that there's an achievement on this one for hitting all the Hammer Ons and Pull Offs, on expert without strumming them. Good luck with that one!

Already have it :o

:eek: you have this already? Damn I'm fecked, tried this a while back don't think I'll ever the the HOPO achievements on this game!!

Mr Moon wrote: »
    :eek: you have this already? Damn I'm fecked, tried this a while back don't think I'll ever the the HOPO achievements on this game!!

Yeah, it did take like 6 attempts though, wasn't easy. I'm struggling with the Dig a Pony one.

Yeah, it did take like 6 attempts though, wasn't easy. I'm struggling with the Dig a Pony one.

Missed the Dig a pony one the other night by one stinking note towards the end , yes I strummed it :D Those 2 are doable for sure. Dear prudence on the other hand :mad: and it's not a hard song by any stretch just makes my hand ache and get tired very quickly due to the stretches and orange to green's.

My technique for these achievements is going to be revised i think , im not going to play the song for 100% and focus solely on the hopo's and making sure I hit them all and only worry about hitting enough of the others to keep me from failing.

calex71 wrote: »
    Missed the Dig a pony one the other night by one stinking note towards the end , yes I strummed it :D Those 2 are doable for sure. Dear prudence on the other hand :mad: and it's not a hard song by any stretch just makes my hand ache and get tired very quickly due to the stretches and orange to green's.

My technique for these achievements is going to be revised i think , im not going to play the song for 100% and focus solely on the hopo's and making sure I hit them all and only worry about hitting enough of the others to keep me from failing.

That is odd, I found dear prudence to be the easiest one, not that I have it! Just thought it was easier than the other two! I suck :o

I may aswell go and be the first to post up my score this week!

Kinda happy with it but not happy that I didn't get the achievement, the opening riff just kept getting me :(
    Mr. Moon- Expert/5G*/80,398/99%/299NS

Tried making the switch to expert, but this song is killing me. I'll be posting a score tonight.

Also in other news, I have hopefully sourced RB2 so will be partaking in a lot more of these over the next few weeks. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭RHRN

Its been a while since I've been here xD
    Anyway, I don't have Beatles, any way we could swap to RB2/Smash Hits for the next challenge?

• Advertisement

RHRN, you may pick our RB2 challenge next week :) (Saturday)

Advertisement