Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

liam ward, should he be banned? Chaos threads merged.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Two nobodys, 3 threads. People do yourselves a favour and look at the Eurofight thread instead. Irish gentlemen athletes doing well in Scotland last night. Fvck all talk about that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

Roper wrote: »
    Two nobodys, 3 threads. .

One headbutt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    bebo is like sooo two years ago... :rolleyes:

I added Liam Ward on MSN, but he wont accept my webcam requests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭juijitsu black

Ok, thanks Barry, I didnt know there whers Irish guys fighting in Scot, I must look them up. Have you got a link or their names so I can google then? OH JESUS< MY CAPS BUTTON GOT STUCK AGAIN HAHAHAHAH:) LOL Smart hole,, I like the slaggin, BRING IT ON.,.:D:D If you give it you have to take it:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

It's hard to put into words how annoyed I am with what happened on Saturady night at the show.

John and myself have worked hard to promote Chaos and Evolve and have strived to act fairly and professionally as I'm sure people who have competed at our show or have worked with us would atest.

What annoys me more is what happened was 100% the repsonsibility of a guy fighting out of our club. We have not talked to Liam yet about the whole incident and will do so in due course.

I just want to point something out. The people who entered the ring were not from Evolve and were not cornering Liam. I personally ran in and pulled Liam away from Dom after he threw the headbutt and John was trying to remove the other people who jumped into the ring.

I apologise to everyone who was there that had to witness such a shambles and I also apologise to Dom and to Connor. I also extend that apology to Peter Lavery.

Rest assured steps will be taken to deal with the incident and I hope people appreciate that John and myself totally and utterly condem the whole fiasco.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 sonoflife

Mrs Lynch wrote: »
    When Peter repositioned the fighters after seperating them in an attempt to calm the crowd Liam bit Dominic:(

I also omitted to say when the trouble ensued someone from Wards camp pulled the hair out of a young girl aged 12 (who they thought was an official at the show - child is merely sporting the t-shirt of her club!!!)

Mrs Lynch
    xxx

THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR MIXED MARTIAL ARTS!....People with this fuggish attitude should be turned away from gyms, promotions ect, because they stir there ignorence in a sport that needs none of it! We all know that MMA gets some bad press as it is! so we need to be good examples an rolemodels in the sport, and make examples of those who would ruin it for everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭weemate

A lot has been said about the events at the Chaos show on saturday night and the fighters and fans involved rightly condemed.
    However,let us not forget that the two promoters of the show,Jason and John have been affected by the actions of others and the trouble was not of their doing.
    Chaos is a fantastic show,well run and all participants are well looked after.Every major gym sends fighters to take part in the show because of the fact they respect the promoters and they know their fighters will be well treated.
    I will not let the incident of the weekend prevent me from sending fighters to Chaos nor will it stop me from officiating at the show.
    I call on all the gym owners,coaches and fighters as well as proper MMA fans to get behind the promoters of Chaos and not let such a good show be taken off the calendar.
    Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭mmaireland.com

Heading up to Chaos means a four and a half hour trip, each way, for our team. We arrive at the venue exhausted and return home exhilarated every time.

We've travelled to Chaos for each and every show since its inception. Why? Because of the extraordinary lengths that the promoters go to in order to ensure a safe, sporting, professional and entertaining environment for fighters and fans alike.

The production values, promotional efforts and management of Chaos events constantly live up to everything that we ask for as teams of athletes and fans of an emerging sport. It’s a 100% professionally run show.

We ask for a clean image and Chaos take continuous steps to ensure that this is not just a pipe dream. We've supported Chaos from the start and, if they'll have us, we'll continue to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,742 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

By the sounds of things, this one idiot ruined a good nights of action,
    What ever happened to gym's working on the leave your ego at the door policy,
    Is there any way possible there could be a sanctioning body for mma in Ireland set up, to make sure idiots like this don’t ruin the sport for everyone,
    I think if people outside of the sport seen there was a sanctioning body and people who behave like this are punished they may take the sport more serious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Lads, idiot or not, what is the story with fighter bashing?

Just as his actions sound way out of order, going back to D Henderson v Bisping fight, we were unable to slag off Hendo due to the charter.

Now this chap sounds like a knacker, but I'm amazed that some of the comments on here have been allowed to stand.

Just my 2c.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Just as his actions sound way out of order, going back to D Henderson v Bisping fight, we were unable to slag off Hendo due to the charter.

Now this chap sounds like a knacker, but I'm amazed that some of the comments on here have been allowed to stand.

Just my 2c.
    to be fair the hendo thing was split second by the sounds of this he was caught tapped out then had to get up and go over to headbutt him. Completely different imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Just my 2c.

In fairness, if what happened has been described accurately here what are the Mods to do, ask people to collectively bury their heads in the sand?.

MMA is still in its infancy in this country, something like this could destroy it or at least put it back years.

Just look at the aftermath of the 'Rings event in the old Point Depot a few years back - I dare say the damage done then still linger's (I guess the fact I use it as an example is testiment to that).

Again if what happened is described honestly & accurately then we're talking about a scumbag and not a 'fighter' as accepted by the people of this forum.

The guy is being judged on his actions, if he fought a fair & clean fight he'd be judged on that, as it is he apparently chose not to and thereby threw himself at the mercy of the MMA fan/commentator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

In fairness, if what happened has been described accurately here what are the Mods to do, ask people to collectively bury their heads in the sand?.

MMA is still in its infancy in this country, something like this could destroy it or at least put it back years.

Just look at the aftermath of the 'Rings event in the old Point Depot a few years back - I dare say the damage done then still linger's (I guess the fact I use it as an example is testiment to that).

Again if what happened is described honestly & accurately then we're talking about a scumbag and not a 'fighter' as accepted by the people of this forum.

The guy is being judged on his actions, if he fought a fair & clean fight he'd be judged on that, as it is he apparently chose not to and thereby threw himself at the mercy of the MMA fan/commentator.

I meant that but I'm not as wordy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

I don't think:

"Fighter x is a scumbag for headbutting a guy after a fight" is actually fighter bashing.

Maybe I'm just a sick puppy but this sounds like a quality nights entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Hendo didn't lose the plot and try head butt bisping. Hi fans didn't invade the ring and try knock the ****e out of everyone. Different kettle of badgers. The guys acted like a scumbag simple as

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

I attended the night as i normaly do because for sure "TRUE MMA FANS" are guaranteed a very entertaining and professionally run event and what I witnessed sickened me to my core, I wont get into the whole attack the fighter our silence to him and his name in "OUR" sport should be a strong enough statement the quicker his name is forgotten the better.The fighter in question has made a statemment today on a different site and if its ok with the Mods to put it up its www.thefightfactory.eu under the thread name chaos fc. It was bad enough witnessing this scene but a stronger image sticks in my mind is the hurt on the face of Mrs Lynch a lady who tries her best to promote the fights and fighters in a good light,we need to move on from this and work hard to prevent this from happening again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭cletus

I'm surprised at this stage in the evolution of mma, that any current fighter would equate going to the ground with being a pussy. I have to wonder about this guys views on the sport he actually takes part in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭wandy

Jason Mc wrote: »
    It's hard to put into words how annoyed I am with what happened on Saturady night at the show.

John and myself have worked hard to promote Chaos and Evolve and have strived to act fairly and professionally as I'm sure people who have competed at our show or have worked with us would atest.

What annoys me more is what happened was 100% the repsonsibility of a guy fighting out of our club. We have not talked to Liam yet about the whole incident and will do so in due course.

I just want to point something out. The people who entered the ring were not from Evolve and were not cornering Liam. I personally ran in and pulled Liam away from Dom after he threw the headbutt and John was trying to remove the other people who jumped into the ring.

I apologise to everyone who was there that had to witness such a shambles and I also apologise to Dom and to Connor. I also extend that apology to Peter Lavery.

Rest assured steps will be taken to deal with the incident and I hope people appreciate that John and myself totally and utterly condem the whole fiasco.

Was waiting on this post the whole way thru that thread. fair play for replying and condmening the actions, im sure ya dont want your events reputation ruined further by still allowing him to train or fight at future events. If this had have happened in England or USA, even at an amteur promotion he would be barred so why not here.

Also fighters comment on the website mentioned above is ridiculous in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Mrs Lynch wrote: »

I also omitted to say when the trouble ensued someone from Wards camp pulled the hair out of a young girl aged 12 (who they thought was an official at the show - child is merely sporting the t-shirt of her club!!!)

Mrs Lynch
    xxx
    weemate wrote: »
    Can I just correct a point made earlier?the little girl that was hurt was actually wearing an Evolve t-shirt...I personally attended to the child who was sitting in a corridor off the main hall,clearly terrified.One of the audience came over to the ring and informed me of what had went on and I brought the kid out to sit at the top of the hall out of the way of what was going on.

Maybe I'm just a sick puppy but this sounds like a quality nights entertainment.

dog-health3.s600x600.jpg

Let me get you that cap ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 mmmm..not sure

i believe both fighters should be disqualified as both behaved unproffesionally outside of the ring, before the "fight"mc connell posted a message on strabane fight teams bebo page stating that he was gona get to knock out a derry man because of his slabbering and since the incident this message has been deleted to take away evidence of unproffesionalism from mc connell. I have also witnessed strabane fight team members acting like bullies towards young boys but when its comes to men of their own age or size they stay silent or behave like a mob and attack a man 6 on 1. I am in no way condeming wards actions as it was a disgrace to the sport that already has a thuggery reputation however if action is taken against him i believe it is only fair mc connell should also face repercausions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

i believe both fighters should be disqualified as both behaved unproffesionally outside of the ring, before the "fight"mc connell posted a message on strabane fight teams bebo page stating that he was gona get to knock out a derry man because of his slabbering and since the incident this message has been deleted to take away evidence of unproffesionalism from mc connell. I have also witnessed strabane fight team members acting like bullies towards young boys but when its comes to men of their own age or size they stay silent or behave like a mob and attack a man 6 on 1. I am in no way condeming wards actions as it was a disgrace to the sport that already has a thuggery reputation however if action is taken against him i believe it is only fair mc connell should also face repercausions
    Because he left a mean message on a bebo page? It's hardly in the same league as headbutting somebody now is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Because he left a mean message on a bebo page? It's hardly in the same league as headbutting somebody now is it?

Agreed, sounds a bit pathetic but certainly not a banning offense.

The assault after the fight brings the sport into disrepute, if he was my fighter he would never be let back into my club or on any show again, cant be compared to some bebo comments.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

GSPfan wrote: »
    I honestly think an agreement between shows/clubs is a realistic and attainable goal. I could name about 15 clubs and about 6 shows that are making up the bulk of the fight cards in the entire country. The rules don't differ that much from show to show so its not like your asking hurlers to play with baseball bats.

And the question was asked about new shows setting up and ignoring the agreement. Well thats fine but part of the agreement would be that any club in the agreement won't let their fighters fight on shows who haven't agreed to it. If all the major clubs sign up to this you'd struggle to fill a card without joining the agreement.

To just dismiss it without attempting it is just silly. Liam Ward will struggle to get a fight in the near future. Who knows if he'll even have a club to train with after that.

Truthfully, that may go a long way towards completely shutting down the scene or at the very least, ensuring it's control would stay in the hands of a small but influential few.

No?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Dragan wrote: »
    Truthfully, that may go a long way towards completely shutting down the scene or at the very least, ensuring it's control would stay in the hands of a small but influential few.

No?

If its done it will just be about standards and keeping on the same Hymn sheet, For example if a fighter is deemed to be banned then he will not be allowed on any show that reaches the standards and if he is on 1 of the shows that chooses to allow such stuff then simply they wont be supported.

Rules can be confirmed as the same on all the shows.

Fighters will no that they cant get away with bad behaviour and will also no there fighting in a safe organised enviroment.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

cowzerp wrote: »
    Agreed, sounds a bit pathetic but certainly not a banning offense.

The assault after the fight brings the sport into disrepute, if he was my fighter he would never be let back into my club or on any show again, cant be compared to some bebo comments.

Exactly. People leave stupid bebo comments to each other bragging about winning soccer/rugby/GAA matches as well. And they talk sh1t to each other all the time. Talking sh1t is just that, talking. Assaulting somebody AFTER a fight is over is a whole different kettle of fish though.

I hope his club follow the same line that most level headed posters in here want to see followed. There's no place for that type of sh1t in MMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

i believe both fighters should be disqualified as both behaved unproffesionally outside of the ring, before the "fight"mc connell posted a message on strabane fight teams bebo page

Bwahahahahahahaha you be on bebo:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Here's Liam Wards (alleged) posts on the matter on thefightfactory.eu. The guy is clearly a simpleton.
    this is liam ward you ****ing prick domz was slabberring for weeks to me i couldnt care what you think he took my name in his mouth outside the ring thats personal to me he pussyed out and went to ground didnt want to know standing i still controlled him there untill i gave him my back and then the choke went on he ran round the ring in my face so i threw the head in him and were your getting he punched the face of me you bull****ter he couldnt punch the face of my wee sister and shes only 15 grow ****ing up what sport do you think we are in here its not for pussys and i dont know were young mc clean gets off slabberring didnt he get a hiding of his life in strabane few weks back and i also want to note everyone has texted me and said they would have paid 100 pound to go and see that trust me they will not loose the crowd it will only get bigger
    hi pussy boy why should i never be able to fight again because of a stupid row with a man who was taking my name bad mothing me outside the ring for weeks and then didnt even have the balls to back it up i know i lost the head but know one talks bad of me grow the **** up and stop bad mouthing me on this we are in the ufc mma fighting what ever you want to call it i know it was out of order and i have oppoligised to domz and his team after the fight and they have excepted my oppoligy we are fighters this is entertainment did you watch diego sanchez and guadi fight a few months back they were head to head looking for madness from the word go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Scramble

I presume he means Sanchez versus Guida. He must have missed the bit where, although it was an intense stare-down at the outset, both fighters were very respectful towards one another throughout and after the fight.

As for the rest of it ... wow. If that his perception of what MMA is about, then I'm glad he is in a minority of one in comparison with most fighters I have met.

I wouldn't feel right going to a show where this guy was fighting, I'd hate the idea of putting money in his pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Whats an oppoligy? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Well let me put it simply, while an outright ban is impossible, he will never fight on my show. I'm not under any illusions as to what MMA is all about, but I believe in sportsmanship, gentlemanly conduct and making this a superb spectator sport where people can attend knowing they're not going to see someone getting loafed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement