Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e375 for 90mins work

• 18-10-2009 8:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

guy showed me his new reverse osmosis filter under his kitchen sink

he paid a guy €600 to supply and fit it

i showed him the same filter on water2buy.ie for €215

guy was an hour and a half fitting it, so charged over €200 per hour :mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You;ll find he most likely either got the item at a more expensive price or he charged a percentage on top of the item

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

You also have to realise also that VAT on that job was most likely in and around €107. Therefore before they start to fit it, it is costing them €215 + €107=€322. While that still leaves €278 you can see where the costs are coming from. Then take into account his insurance, tax on van, insurance on van, PRSI etc..While you may think he is charging you €139 per hour (2 hours or part thereof) he is just covering his costs.

Hope that helps in easing the query but I still agree that that rate is very high!!

Advertisement