Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get aluminium or metal studs?

Options
  • 18-10-2009 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Hi, Where can I get aluminium or metal studs? I am doing some dry wall work in bathroom. I do not want to use wooden studs.
    Just to add, I am based in co.wexford and work in co.wicklow can go to dublin as well.
    Thanks
    Iwo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

most good builders providers stock them. i think there is a brooks store in dublin they should have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

CPD in dublin or tennants just off the naas road near the red cow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Metal Furring is the operative wording. Kellys (off Amiens st) supplied me recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭firesidechat

Spread wrote: »
    Metal Furring is the operative wording. Kellys (off Amiens st) supplied me recently.

Actually metal studding is the correct phrase.
    Furring is when you have an uneven surface and have to adjust accordingly.
    Normally done with MF 5 channel or sometimes referred to as top hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

Thanks guys!! Now... I bought these studs in local shop but they do not have any brackets for it, I was told that I need "GL Bracket" - where can I get these ? Thanks - Iwo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Try Etag fixings in Ashbourne in Meath or Tennants/Cpd in dublin.
    Be very careful using them as it is a diificult system to install if you are not used to it - took me a while to get on to it - thankfully i had a good teacher at the time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

Thanks for help. I got 200 of them. Yes... I will ask somebody to give me help with them. I just do not want to use wooden studs. Renovation - here I go!!

Advertisement