Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap at half the price!

Options
  • 18-10-2009 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

My 3 year old dog was limping for a while. I thought she just hurt her leg and that it would fix itself but after a couple of weeks I brought her to the vet and found out it was her cruciate.
    She is now recovering from an operation and is walking gingerly on her foot but still holds it up when walking fast / trotting.
    It cost 1,200 so far but only cost me 75 as I have her insured
    I had been begrudgingly paying the insurance every month but am sooo glad I have it - if you don't have it yet get it now!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Insurance is def the way to go esp when something like this happens.

Can i ask when when she had the op as they are meant to be on complete rest for a few months, she shouldnt really be running around yet if its very soon after the op as she could end up damaging it again.

I know a few people whos dogs have had this op done and its a very long, slow recovery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 billydg

She had this done about 6 weeks ago and recovered well, her scar is about 6 inches long but very neat. It was stitched on the inside with metal staples on the outside.
    I had a dog 15 years ago who had the same operation done in UCD and he was in plaster for ages. (this time it was done in Palmerstown vets) I guess medicine has moved on a lot.
    She is not being walked but is wandering around the house & garden fine. The only time she runs is when she gets excited but we try to keep her relaxed.
    There was another post recently about a dog who had a hip operation and I know exactly what they are going through trying to restrict a dog's movements.
    The vet said to rest for 6 weeks & then to gradually introduce short walks on a lead.
    Fingers crossed!
    :)

Advertisement